GoCardless Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 14 Jan 2019

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoCardless (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had three interview stages:
- 20 minute call with HR
- 1 hour interview with Head of Product (usually via Skype but I was passing the office)
- 5 hour on-site day meeting various different people at the firm

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GoCardless

Product Manager Interview

Interview

A phone interview, product exercise and on-site interview. The whole process was pretty poorly organised. I had to chase people and found i was dealing with different people each time. Turn up to the onsite interview and the person who'd booked me in was away and hadn't booked a room for the interview. Questions were nothing particularly challenging but enjoyable. Wasn't very interested in the role when i left, didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks, they then emailed to say i hadn't got the role. I scheduled a call with the recruiter to get some feedback but she never made the call or answered my reminder. Hugely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to analyse data in a spreadsheet to identify which parts of a journey i'd look to improve   Answer Question

GoCardless Response

29 Mar 2018 – Talent Manager

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback, and our sincerest apologies for your experience when interviewing with us.

At the time you were interviewing we were in the process of building an... More

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoCardless (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly thorough recruitment process:
    1 - Application online
    2 - HR Interview
    3 - Written questions offline
    4 - Skype interview with Head of Product
    5 - Exercise to prepare
    6 - 1/2 day in the office with a range of interviews and exercises

The first 5 stages are relatively straight forward in format and difficulty. The final round is tougher with a mix of practical exercises thrown in to ensure you can actually do what you claim. The interviews are with people from across product development of different seniorities so you get a good feel for the people. I guess they also get a really good feel for you.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoCardless (London, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

We scheduled to talk on a Friday for first HR call. I spent some time to work on the role. Take a half day off. They never called! I emailed, they never emailed back. Their process is broken and I think it's a waste of time.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoCardless.

Interview

I applied through the website. The recruiter gets back to me one week later asking me for availabilities for a phone call.
    In parallel, a seconds recruiter send me an email asking me also my availabilities.
    I answered both persons. They confirmed me the time and date.

Never had a phone call or an email from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mail

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoCardless (Mail) in December 2018.

Interview

The initial process was a written-case interview. I was asked to write an essay of 2 pages, which there was no clear mention about the expectations. I believe the written essay should have had - a technical insight about the product, how the product was designed, where it had failed, and insights for improvements in future. My essay was summarized, however still it leads to a email receipt stating "My Application was rejected". I would kindly request the GoCardless team to attach a written feedback, so that candidates can understand the process happened, and it would be a learning curve for further applications, either in the same company or elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.