GoPro Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GoPro Interview Questions

Updated 2 May 2017

2.6

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

I have applied in the GoPro Careers website and within a day, I got an E-Mail from recruiter to schedule telephone call.
    I was interviewed by the Director of Firmware, I was asked to explain about my previous experience, tough project and tough issue faced. Though I have not included the flight control systems in my Resume, my profile matched 70% of job requirements, hope this is the reason I got a call, but the Director himself told over the call that he was looking a guy with the flight control systems background.
    Finally, I was told that they will keep my resume and if anything perfectly matches with my skills they will consider :) most of the calls end like this.

I was not sure if GoPro wanted Engineer specific to flight control systems, then why did they select a resume where they do not see it as included in the skills.

Interview Questions

• why didn't you join your previous company after your graduation?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

1st HR Screening asking about company culture, why you want to join GoPro.
    2nd Technical interview on the expertise required by the job description. Some basic knowledge of data structure and algorithm, your project experiences and your familiar programming languages.
    3rd Coding interview 2 algorithm questions in 45 minutes. The first is medium and the second is easy.

Interview Questions

• basic data structure like array, queue, hashmap. classic algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

Applied to their career website, got email and phone call from the recruiter in a few days. After setting up a phone interview with the engineering team for about a half hour with typical interview questions and two online coding sessions. Then gave me a programming assignment, but was told they are holding on to the position.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone Interview first, then on-site interview. After that wait for about a couple day, then they gave a call and said I have already pass the interview. The process are smoothly.

IT Applications Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

The process was efficient and took just over 2 weeks. I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter. The recruiter then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. That went well and I was then invited in for onsite interviews. The recruiters coordinator requested available interview times. I gave times that would work and times when I was not available. The coordinator then went and scheduled the onsite interviews during a time that I was not available. Very confusing...the response was that it was the only time that would work. I reworked my schedule to fit. The interviewers seemed nice, genuine and for the most part, on the young side without a lot of experience. The recruiter got back to me within a couple of days.

Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward project manager questions and questions about my background.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by phone for an interview which went well and immediately asked to come in for a job for Administrative Assistant. GoPro flew me up which was great. Timing of the meeting was changed quite a few times but you do a 2 hours interview with 5 people so its understandable. The only negative was it took 2 months to hear back. I did not end up getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this job? What was past experience? Do you have a GoPro camera?   Answer Question

Content Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday. The next Monday I got a call interview. The following day they asked my to come in. I was notified that Thursday I got the role. Started work the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• Explain relative experience. What do you know about GoPro? Do you think you'll be a culture fit? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Vice President of IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very professionally managed process from the application process all the way through closure. The HR / Talent Recruiting team, to the interviewers themselves maintained schedule, asked probing and genuine questions. At the beginning of the 5 person, 3 hour interview HR mentioned they'd gather feedback and get back within in a week. --They kept their promise, and while I didn't get the job, I was impressed by their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where it makes business sense to select one technology path, but a large engineering user community prefer a different technology?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process began w/ a Skype interview with the HR manager (who was wonderful). Then moved on to the hiring manager who seemed very uninterested. Felt like I was talking to myself. I was told after 3 weeks that they decided to go a different direction and hire internally for a different position.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GoPro (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview had almost zero production questions. They wanted to know list of video gear I can use, and editing I've done. I was told most listed jobs weren't even hiring and actually "frozen", but they would "talk to me anyway to get an idea of my video editing background" even though that was not what I was interested in applying for.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe what types of cameras you've used to shoot video.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.