Goldman Sachs Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Goldman Sachs Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Before superday, you have to pass the online assessment as well as a Hirevue recording. The superday interview process was very organized and one good thing is that they will pair you with someone working in the company to help you with the superday process.

Interview Questions

• What is DNL
    What is cache
    Convert 10 based number to 7 based   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Pretty easy. You dial into a Webex type thing, and they ask you two behavioral questions and two questions on Coderpad. What I thought was weird was how there was zero introduction--just "Hi I'm ____" then immediately jumping into the behavioral.

Interview Questions

• String compression and one about calculating the maximum average of students' scores in a 2D array   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

After applying online through LinkedIn I got an email to provide my availability to schedule an initial phone interview. I provided my availability and the recruiter scheduled the interview but I did not receive the call on the day of the interview. After following up the recruiter did not reply to the email. I followed up after 2 weeks the recruiter again asked for my availability then did not reply after that. I had the worst experience ever.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied the Goldman Sachs new Analyst. Then I got the online assessment, including mathematics and coding. The coding is pretty easy. But the math part is a little bit hard for me.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Interview was very fair, but honestly beware that you clearly heard the question correctly, even if the interviewer can be difficult to understand. A slip up I had is that I misinterpreted a few of the words the interviewer was saying and was too shy to continuously ask him to repeat himself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

passed the online coding test (HackerRank), and recorded the online video interview, but did not receive the invite to superday. The whole process took 1 month and the company was not good at promptly reply emails.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online, immediately got HackerRank technical assessment challenge. They were medium to difficult programming questions, looking to test your understanding of how to manipulate data. String manipulation and matrix operations were focused upon.

Interview Questions

• Can't mention exact specifics but it was mostly around matrix manipulation and different ways of iterating through a matrix.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Difficult hackerrank challenge. Must be familiar with the coding environment and be able to implement complex algorithms and data structures in a limited period of time. After that is a phone screening. Then once you passed that I believe you are invited to an onsite interview with behavioral and technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2019.

Interview

There was one online round for which I completed coding with all test cases passing. I didn't hear back from them. None of my colleagues got a response without a referral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

First round:
    Coder Pad interview of two problem, the guy was very nice and was barely there, he told me to pretend if Am walking on my office and run the test all the time you want.

1) what is the second smallest integer in the an int array.
          I did a iteration keeping track of the smallest and second smallest.

2) find the minimum sum of integer equal or less to a number.
          I was struggling a little with this and when he saw I was stuck on it, he gave me a hint on
          how to approach the problem. Time ran out and he gave me 5 extract minutes and I got
          it to work.

I got an email from hr like 2 weeks later that the want to continue with the process for an onsite interview with different team in the bank.

My onsite experience was not as pleasant as my coder pad, the more senior guy were more easy and fun to talk to but the more junior guy were very arrogant and didn't felt like doing the interview at all.

Onsite:
    Round 1: Nothing much an introduction of yourself and a leetcode problem.
                        Occurrences of substring in a string.
    Round 2: leetcode
                        Sort array of strings by size.
    Round 3: Tell me the must challenging project you work on and leetcode of two string, one is rotate, return true if rotate.

Round 4: Tell me the most challenging project you work on again. Have you have any nontechnical problem , how do you came about it.

Round 5: DS question.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.