Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Goldman Sachs Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jan 2019

178 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Was referred by a friend.

Did two one hour coderpads in one day due to a rushed schedule. Nothing difficult just dictionary and list stuff as well as some debugging assignments. After that I had to do 5 rounds of interviews with different sets of people for a total of 5 hours. The interview process was stopped short of the 5th round. Questions were all over the place and didn't seem to focus on any one skill set.

Received a response the next day with a generic rejection letter which wasn't even personalized.

Interview Questions

• Coderpad: Trapping rainwater question but snow instead of rain   Answer Question
  • Coderpad: Highest average grade among dictionary of student names and their grades   Answer Question
  • In person: Write a program that would return a collection of similar items between two collections   Answer Question
  • In person: Design a stock trading system   Answer Question
  • In person: How would you find when there are peaks of logging output in the system if you have a datetime stamp for each log   Answer Question
  • In person: Various questions about OOP, SDLC / Agile, Java, dependencies, testing, data structures and algorithms   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Must pass hackerrank technical assessment in either programming or math. After hackerrank assessment, take a virtual hirevue interview, and if successful, attend final interview on site. On site interview consists of two seperate half behavioral / half technical interviews.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Hackerrank challenge which was fine, and then 6 hours of technical interviews. Overall some of the interviews were very good, but two of the interviews were very snobby and kept cutting me off before I finished writing code or explaining things. One of these was the final interview with the manager, and overall made it an upsetting experience.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Newark, NJ (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a good process.
    the first round was coding hacker rank
    it has maths and programming.

Interview Questions

• It was a good process.
      the first round was coding hacker rank
      it has maths and programming.
      second was hirevue behavioral questions. it need some good background check on the company and then you should be fine   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Got the hackerrank after applying online through their application portal. The test was relatively easy compared to other tech companies: 1 leetcode easy, 1 leetcode medium. Got the video interview within a week.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online and then got the hacker rank challenge a few weeks later. There were two questions, one was easy the other one was slightly harder, probably medium. They sent a a digital interview the next week. After that I didn't hear back again.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Salt Lake, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (North Salt Lake, UT (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a lot of fun talking with my interviewers! They made me feel comfortable and asked good questions for which I could give insightful answers. The tech questions were simple and they were accommodating for when I did not know a particular language and used something else to make it work instead.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had to take over from the leader?   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and received an invite for a coding test 1 month later. I promptly finished the test and after 1 more month, I received a HireVue invite, which I also promptly finished. After 1 more month they invited me to the super day last minute, just over 1 week before the day they picked. For weeks now, I had already planned a super day on the other side of the country with another company, so I had to request to change my Goldman super day date. The recruiter was very unresponsive did not respond until after the original super day date.

I eventually got it rescheduled and the super day itself was fine. Two 1 hour behavioral/technical interviews back-to-back. After that they told me that the decision would take up to 3 weeks and could be expedited if I had another offer (I had several), which I told them about. After 2 weeks my recruiter said that they were still deciding. And at 3 weeks. And at 4 and 5 weeks. My recruiter would ignore me for weeks at a time. I gave up on them after that, but it wasn't 13 weeks after my super day that they finally rejected me.

Over 3 months for a decision that should've been less than 3 weeks with multiple competing offers. Very despicable for such a reputable company.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for the role around late October 2017. Received a 60 minutes HackerRank immediately which had 4 days to complete. The coding test will have 2 easy questions. I received a reply from them later in early December to complete my next 20-30 minutes Hirevue Round. This again had 3-4 days to complete. This digital round involved 4-5 situation based behavioral questions. There will be pre-recorded questions. You will be given 1 minute to prepare your answer. After that, you will have time to record the answer.
    I then received the onsite superday invitation in early February 2018. The superday involved 2 back to back technical /behavioral rounds. Each interview was for an hour each and had 2 interviewers. The overall experience of onsite was good.
    The entire hiring process is very slow.
    Focus on Java and basic data structures.

Interview Questions

• How will you design a car inventory?   1 Answer
    • How will you act if your supervisor is leaving for a week and you are supposed to complete a critical project by the end of this week.   Answer Question
    • What have been you biggest challenge so far?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest accomplishment so far?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you failed or received critical comments.   Answer Question
    • Find the second smallest element in an array of numbers   Answer Question
    • Rotate an array of numbers using just one variable and no additional data structure   Answer Question
    • Describe one of your latest projects   Answer Question
    • Resume based questions on work experience and relevant projects   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Hacker Rank-->HireVue-->SuperDay( 2 interviews, 1 hr each,LeetCode Easy(2),Medium(1) )
    Have a strong foundation in CS Basics - Data Structures, OOP. Do not put anything on your resume you cant speak about! The interviewers are the teams interested in you, so bring your most pleasant self to the interview. They are usually very helpful and prod you in the right direction if you get stuck at any point.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.