Goodgame Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Goodgame Studios Interview Questions

Interviews at Goodgame Studios

2.8

Senior 3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had several Skype interviews with Goodgame with various higher ups. The team was extremely pleasant, they all seem like a great crew to work along side. I interviewed from the US, so we weren't able to meet in person. The interview took 39 days total, a good bit of time was getting documentation prepared for them.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty normal, the interview was more about judging my personality fit I'm sure. They asked to go through the pipeline I'm used to, basically seeing what skills I use on projects to see if my skill set worked for them.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in December 2015.

Interview

Email and then 1 hour skype Call. The junior recruiting employee was unprofessional. Told me to send me test documents immediately but I had to remind it to her few days after. Then she told me that it is no hurry and that she will contact me with decision of job offer, but didn't really and just lied again. I would expect more professional behaviour from company which tries to look "cool". Wasted my prep time and interest for some time about working for this company. I would recommend to look elsewhere for more professional and polite company.

Interview Questions

• Personal presentation and work experience talk.   1 Answer

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly quick and painless, there was a lull over the holidays (as expected) but we were in constant communication otherwise. After initial discussions, took a design test followed up by a Skype interview that was quite nice. The design test could have been a bit more tailored to the job description, but I felt as if it was the right amount of work.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward and topical to the position and culture. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was straightforward, met me in the middle. I'm happy.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in September 2014.

Interview

Got in touch by the HR very quickly after I applied, the first interview was conducted by phone and the second one by Skype (but at the end by phone because of my Internet connection).The whole process went really well and I appreciate a lot how the interviews were conducted.

Interview Questions

• Some unexpected questions (about the job) but I think that's a good thing.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through their website and a member of HR contacted me that very same day, asking me to send him some of my certificates and diplomas. Afterwards, I took a test to prove my skills as localization tester. The test was not complicated, I had to translate a few strings of text and report some bugs.

We arranged a Skype interview one week later, with another member of HR and a member of the Localization department. They gave me some useful information, the interview itself was very smooth, I did not feel pressured at any moment and lasted a bit less than half an hour. The questions were mostly about my academic background and my interest in deciding to be a localization tester and career aspirations. I was accepted just the next day after the interview.

Communication was always smooth between HR members and I. I could tell from the job interview that the company is very professional while keeping a relaxed work environment at any time, something I appreciate a lot.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty much expected. If I had to say one, I would probably say if I had found any localization bugs in a game of the company.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Hamburg (Germany)) in January 2020.

Interview

1. Hiring manager called me and had an initial discussion.
    2. She then sent me an extensive assignment to solve some of their problems. (It was their core gaming problems - around 4 of them.). I solved everything and mailed them on the said date. They said they will get back to me. But they never got back. Every time i send a mail, they said, they will get back to me. But even after 3 months, for every mail they kept giving the same response. It looks like, they were getting solutions for their real problems solved by interview candidates, and never got back to them. It was very disappointing to know that they just took solutions from me and never even had courtesy to respond back to me. In their careers page they boast about getting back to candidates with their response, but this was my experience. I deserved some closure at least.

Interview Questions

• 1. Model and Design a simple AI for a tower defence game.   Answer Question

Praktikant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2019.

Interview

One shot interview. First, I attended 40 mins Skype meeting with 2 interviewers followed by a customer service task (had to submit that to the interviewers within the 30 min limit). Questions range from typical background checks to in-depth questions related to the role.

Got offered a role after 2 days. I would say this is fastest hiring I have ever experienced and my experience with this interview was very positive as well.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Hamburg (Germany)).

Interview

Very friendly HR staff and competent interviewers. Overall, a very smooth process. I applied online and received feedback on the next day. After a brief telephone interview with HR I was invited to their offices in Hamburg. I got to meet members of my future team during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• questions about my previous experience, motivation for my application, motivation for work in general, programming paradigms, tech questions, coding challenge   Answer Question

Junior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Hamburg (Germany)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position Junior Account Manager on the 10 of July 2017. On 21st of August I got a "personalized" mail, thanking me for my resume and for my visit (!!!) though I never heard back from the company before. Sorry, guys, but you are not that big to make such stupid mistakes. That guy totally made my day:)

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodgame Studios (Hamburg (Germany)).

Interview

After 2 weeks of applying via online, I got a 1st a phone interview, and then after a week I got a personal interview with the marketing manager and HR. The interview was average and had to elaborate a test about marketing strategies and also had a lot of questions about previous work strategies used.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.