Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

11,339 Interview Reviews

3.3

1. Helpful (2040)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Direct onsite because I interviewed in the past and did well that time. From the time I sent my resume to interview day: 2 weeks. From interview day to offer over the phone: 2 weeks.

The syllabus for the interviews is very clear and simple:
    1) Dynamic Programming
    2) Super recursion (permutation, combination,...2^n, m^n, n!...etc. type of program. (NP hard, NP programs)
    3) Probability related programs
    4) Graphs: BFS/DFS are usually enough
    5) All basic data structures from Arrays/Lists to circular queues, BSTs, Hash tables, B-Trees, and Red-Black trees, and all basic algorithms like sorting, binary search, median,...
    6) Problem solving ability at a level similar to TopCoder Division 1, 250 points. If you can consistently solve these, then you are almost sure to get in with 2-weeks brush up.
    7) Review all old interview questions in Glassdoor to get a feel. If you can solve 95% of them at home (including coding them up quickly and testing them out in a debugger + editor setup), you are in good shape.
    8) Practice coding--write often and write a lot. If you can think of a solution, you should be able to code it easily...without much thought.
    9) Very good to have for design interview: distributed systems knowledge and practical experience.
    10) Good understanding of basic discrete math, computer architecture, basic math.
    11) Coursera courses and assignments give a lot of what you need to know.
    12) Note that all the above except the first 2 are useful in "real life" programming too!

Interview 1:
    Graph related question and super recursion

Interview 2:
    Design discussion involving a distributed system with writes/reads going on at different sites in parallel.

Interview 3:
    Array and Tree related questions

Interview 4:
    Designing a simple class to do something. Not hard, but not easy either. You need to know basic data structures very well to consider different designs and trade-offs.

Interview 5:
    Dynamic programming,
    Computer architecture and low level perf. enhancement question which requires knowledge of Trees, binary search, etc.

At the end, I wasn't tired and rather enjoyed the discussions. I think the key was long term preparation and time spent doing topcoder for several years (on and off as I enjoy solving the problems).

Conclusion: "It's not the best who win the race; it's the best prepared who win it."

Negotiation

You can and should negotiate politely. You are in a stronger position if you have another offer, but even otherwise, you should ask for more of every type of payment!

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview:
    The Interviewer was late for 20 mins... Ask nothing on my resume.
    Tow questions:
    1) A string consists of ‘0’, ‘1’ and '?'. The question mark can be either '0' or '1'. Find all possible combinations for a string.
    2) Give you a text file, remove duplicated lines.
        Follow up: If the file is very large, general hash map takes too much spaces, come up with a better solution.

Google Adwords Account Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and competitive, I think I went through a total of 4 or 5 rounds and made it to the final where they brought the candidates onsite.

Interview Questions

• Explain Google AdWords like you would to someone who doesn’t understand the internet   Answer Question

Machine Learning Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I was contacted by a Google recruiter for a ML software engineer position. I was scheduled with an engineer but he forgot to interview on the date. We re-arranged the time and had a phone interview while coding on Google doc.

Assistant Interview

Interview

It was long and took months of interviews, both in person and virtual. I felt like it was a job in itself. I took many Tests and had to memorize a credo that I wasn't sure where it came from.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you are strong enough to work here? what are your faults.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 technical coding questions. Most Interviewers were nice and helpful. One did not offer any feedback whatsoever during the process, probably failed that one. Campus was nice, got a tour of the buildings and cafeterias and ate lunch there

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Horrific to say the least unless you know i don't know what else to say here. The interviews are just weird and difficult. If you want to interview here, first get the book Cracking the PM Interview

STEP Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Two phone interviews, both asked coding questions. I aced both questions and finished early, but didn't get an offer for whatever reason. Interviewers were really nice however and answered questions to the best of their ability.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Two over the phone interviews. Each person ha a different technical question to ask. I got stuck on some of the minutae of Python. The interviewers were decent, I guess some of it is just luck of the draw I suppose.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The whole interview process takes 2 to 2.5 months to complete. Google interviews for software developers consist of 5 to 7 interviews in total. This includes an initial phone screen with a Google recruiter, followed by 4 to 6 on-site interviews with different Google employees

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Google product, and how would you improve it? — ...
      If you wanted to bring your dog to work but one of your team members was allergic to dogs what would you do? — ...
      If ads were removed from YouTube, how would you monetize it? —   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.