Google SWE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Google SWE Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.4

SWE Interview

Interview

It started with a recruiter reaching out. I schedule my phone screen for a date 1 month after. The phone screen went great but the recruiter told me that they had shut down university recruiting. Everyone was very nice and respectful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

SWE Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in December 2019.

Interview

Nice interviewers. Technical questions are not very hard to answer.
    We were just talking on the phone and writing codes on a google Doc. If someone is going to take this interview, I would recommend practicing wring codes on Google Doc first.

Interview Questions

• Implement a class to realize a social network like Facebook   2 Answers

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

There were two initial phone screen interviews and one in person interview at the office in California too. They were flexible about the timing of the interview and provided travel and accomodations

SWE Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

2 technical 45 minute phone interviews. Interviewers had you code in google docs. Interviewers didn't seem super prepared or coordinated. Pretty much all questions were ad-hoc.

N Project Matching Interviews -- Nontechnical, just discussing what a project would entail and determining if it would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a distributed key value store?   1 Answer

SWE Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I had three phone interactions. One is with the recruiter to set up a meeting, the other two have questions on algorithms. Algorithms on tree and graph are focused area.

Interview Questions

• How to find the order of a leaf in a tree   1 Answer

SWE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Online coding challenge, two phone interviews, then hiring committee, then project matching phase, matched with first host within two weeks. Took a while but recruiter was very responsive and helpful. Looking forward to starting in May.

Interview Questions

• Graph problem with something about DFS and a bit of dynamic programming   1 Answer
    • Data structure question involving a 2D matrix of values.   2 Answers

SWE Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Standard two phone interviews. First interview did not go as well as the first one did. I waited for two weeks to get to know that they are not moving with my candidacy. The process is slow.

SWE Interview

Interview

One short phone call with a tech recruiter, then an online coding sample test, and then two 45 min long phone interviews with google software engineers to test data structures knowledge.

SWE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

It was 2 rounds of interview, one of them was a DP question and the other one was a math question regarding operations on a complete tree. It was 50 minutes each, back to back.

Interview Questions

• Find the submatrix in a matrix M such that all elements in the submatrix sum to K.   1 Answer

SWE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in October 2019.

Interview

First round - new graduate interview. Applying for general software engineering role. Relatively easy phone screen. The interviewer was very nice and guided me in the right direction. It took me longer than expected to finish.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.