Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation.

Interview

Just asked my background regarding projects in my undergrad. Wanted to know which team I fit the best. And based on that put me in the radar and development team.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (New York, NY (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Great Interview Process and easy to get in,Most of Programming side plus linux was necessary
    I did internship and they converted that thing into fulltime
    I felt its not duable but it is

Interview Questions

• Dont remember right now but its on computer science field   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation.

Interview

Interview consisits of 30 mins to 60 mins of Q & A mostly from basics of engineering. Before interviw candidates are required to clear a written test consisting of MCQs. Topics for written exam are published on the website of the organization. Previous test papers are also available online from the official website.

Interview Questions

• Relationship between gear ratio and Inertial ratios in a gear train   Answer Question

Interview

It was smooth process , they ask you what you know about the thngs used at ISRO and ask few questions on it. A few technical question were also asked

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (Ahmedabad) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied in December and got a interview callback in Jan. The Interview process was under intermediate pressured environment. Around 2-4 Scientists interview you at the same time with back to back questions about your past projects and work in the field. Both the Sr. and Jr. are extremely supportive at interview and while work.

Interview Questions

• What were your past projects in the field ?   1 Answer
    • What else have you done in the field ?   1 Answer

Scientist/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation.

Interview

Two scientists were sitting, one was checking all the grade sheets while the other was questioning. Only one technical interview, nothing else was done. They selected very few 1 out of 40 students. They checked grades and rote learning. Need not say engineering and science is all about Rattafication especially at higher levels.

Interview Questions

• Otto diesel cycle, which is more efficient   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jodhpur, Rajasthan

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (Jodhpur, Rajasthan) in October 2018.

Interview

Single Interview, They will only focus mainly on your CGPA criteria, and they will ask much about technical subjects, like communication, antenna, microwave. They will first ask simple questions and them will move much deeper into the subjects. Prepare your coursework for the same

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (Bhubaneswar) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview lasted for around 25 min. 2 scientists were there. one of them was Deputy Director of 1 one of the isro center. They shortlisted top 12 students and taken the interview in CGPA order.

Interview Questions

• I told him that my favorite subjects are Fluid and Solid Mechanics. He started with designing of shaft, He asked me to design a shaft. then he moved to turbomachinery and was repeatedly asking on pumps and turbines .few questions are:
      1. What is nusselt number?
      2. How will you measure K and heat transfer coefficient in open atmosphere?
      3.what is the centrifugal pump?
      4.what are the basic processes of thermodynamics? what is a difference between adiabatic and isentropic process?
      5.what is pressure distribution inside venturi meter and will the pressure at inlet and outlet will be same?
      6. what is diffusivity? prandal number?
      he touched fluid, solid ,thermo, HT , turbomachinery so it became difficult to give instant answers.
      I will recommend to study turbomachinery in depth.   1 Answer

SCIENTIST/ENGINEER SD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhanbad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (Dhanbad) in October 2018.

Interview

Shortlist based on GPA and performance during undergraduate program. Next, one on one interview. The recruiters were pre-involved scientists working at isro. There were 2 persons interviewing the candidates. Overall, the experience was very good.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical questions and few questions to reduce the overall environment of tension.   Answer Question

Scientist B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (New Delhi) in August 2018.

Interview

First, there will be a written test and then interview.
    Panel members will be around 10, Pure technical questions no hr, prepare minimum 3 favorite subjects. Interview will be around 20-30min. Main focus will be on communication (satellite)

Interview Questions

• First, they start with Project   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.