Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 63 of over 63 interviews

Interviews at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation

Positive73%
Negative8%
Neutral18%
Applied online38%
Campus Recruiting34%
Other7%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation

Application

Interview

Written test and interview was conducted. Mainly technical questions are asked in interview. They ask educational background, motivation to join, research interest, how are you valuable and technical questions. I applied for mechanical branch, they asked tooling/production questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your Bachelor project or any other work.
    Answer Question

Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation

Interview

Interview consisits of 30 mins to 60 mins of Q & A mostly from basics of engineering. Before interviw candidates are required to clear a written test consisting of MCQs. Topics for written exam are published on the website of the organization. Previous test papers are also available online from the official website.

Interview Questions
  • Relationship between gear ratio and Inertial ratios in a gear train
2 people found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

It was smooth process , they ask you what you know about the thngs used at ISRO and ask few questions on it. A few technical question were also asked

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (Bangalore) in Sep 2019

Interview

Its a FTF interview round,held in groups.they basically directly ask for ur Gate score if ur from a technical background.if not attempted they ask all the basic core questions from the education background

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (Ahmedabad) in Jan 2019

Interview

I applied in December and got a interview callback in Jan. The Interview process was under intermediate pressured environment. Around 2-4 Scientists interview you at the same time with back to back questions about your past projects and work in the field. Both the Sr. and Jr. are extremely supportive at interview and while work.

Interview Questions
  • What were your past projects in the field ?
  • What else have you done in the field ?

Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation

Interview

Two scientists were sitting, one was checking all the grade sheets while the other was questioning. Only one technical interview, nothing else was done. They selected very few 1 out of 40 students. They checked grades and rote learning. Need not say engineering and science is all about Rattafication especially at higher levels.

Interview Questions
  • Otto diesel cycle, which is more efficient

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, Rajasthan

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (Jodhpur, Rajasthan, Rajasthan) in Oct 2018

Interview

Single Interview, They will only focus mainly on your CGPA criteria, and they will ask much about technical subjects, like communication, antenna, microwave. They will first ask simple questions and them will move much deeper into the subjects. Prepare your coursework for the same

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneshwar

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (Bhubaneshwar) in Oct 2018

Interview

The interview lasted for around 25 min. 2 scientists were there. one of them was Deputy Director of 1 one of the isro center. They shortlisted top 12 students and taken the interview in CGPA order.

Interview Questions
  • I told him that my favorite subjects are Fluid and Solid Mechanics. He started with designing of shaft, He asked me to design a shaft. then he moved to turbomachinery and was repeatedly asking on pumps and turbines .few questions are: 1. What is nusselt number? 2. How will you measure K and heat transfer coefficient in open atmosphere? 3.what is the centrifugal pump? 4.what are the basic processes of thermodynamics? what is a difference between adiabatic and isentropic process? 5.what is pressure distribution inside venturi meter and will the pressure at inlet and outlet will be same? 6. what is diffusivity? prandal number? 7. he touched fluid, solid ,thermo, HT , turbomachinery so it became difficult to give instant answers. I will recommend to study turbomachinery in depth.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhanbād

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (Dhanbād) in Oct 2018

Interview

Shortlist based on GPA and performance during undergraduate program. Next, one on one interview. The recruiters were pre-involved scientists working at isro. There were 2 persons interviewing the candidates. Overall, the experience was very good.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly technical questions and few questions to reduce the overall environment of tension.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation (New Delhi) in Aug 2018

Interview

There were 10 panel members. Each will rate you out of 10, which will sum up to be 100. To make you comfortable in the beginning, they will ask simple questions like introduce yourself or about your native place or something like that. Then they will ask about your area of interest ( List of subjects) And then the show begins. Prepare with the basics. They don't ask very tough questions but they check your basics.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself Area of Interest Questions related to stress strain curve B.Tech Project Thermal stress in SOM Manufacturing processes Latest manufacturing technology in Industry
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Interviews
RSS Feed</>Embed

Popular Careers with Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation Job Seekers

Software Engineer
Learn About the Job
JobsSalariesInterviews
Electrical Controls Technician
Learn About the Job

Work at Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation? Share Your Experiences

Government of India, Department of Space, Indian Space Research Organisation logo