GroupM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

GroupM Interview Questions

Interviews at GroupM

2.7

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GroupM.

Interview

It was fairly direct. I sat in a room with 7 different individuals representing the accounts they have. They each introduced themselves and began with a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my technical skills in approaching Paid Search.   Answer Question

Paid Social Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Initial recruiter screening - usual questions of take me through your background. Recruiter didn’t have great detail of the role other than the description which is typical and not to be taken back by. In person meeting - met with 3 team members for the actual team the role pertained to. 1 member got there 2 weeks earlier so it was a bit unusual as to what details he could provide into the company or team other than what he envisioned. All and all, the 3 interviews went well. All were friendly and added slight detail into the role and team than the next. I was told by the recruiter Feedback was I was standout candidate and strongly indicated an offer was being put together. Recruiter got back a day later to say that the role had been filled internally and was instead looking to being upgraded to a director level which they thought better suited someone else. Was then passed to another team within GroupM to which I inquired if it was just a formality because I wouldn’t be interested in wasting anymore of my time and was assured it wasn’t. Phone interview and in person with the other company to have them go to an internal hire as well. Disappointing to hear, but those things can happen. The real issue is the lack of communication between departments and the recruiters lack of transparency, knowledge and communication with myself. For such a drastic change to take place at the very end of the process it goes to show that GroupM’s culture is something to question and they seem to fall under the negative stereotypes of a large company.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. The recruiters may not be forthcoming, so they definitely expect you to take initiative and reach out. There is an initial phone screening with said recruiter, then a few rounds of on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mostly SQL based and one coding question straight out of Leetcode.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview. Despite the multiple responses I sent to the recruiter stating the availability I had, I never heard back. Definitely a negative experience.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Slow. Applied in early November. Had a short interview in early December with an HR person who did not seam to have a specific role in mind. Did not here back till early January, when I got another short phone call, more specific job description and an assessment. At the end of January I got another email back from the recruiter with a third job description, asking for permission to be submitted to the hiring manager.

Advice to management: I really appreciate you trying to find many ways to make this work and keep me in the running for many positions with only one easy application. Just make sure you are moving on these roles.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering this position.   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Email from someone, seem very rude to question resume. Call from a partner of the company, very rude and arrogant individual. So rude that insulting her would have been justified, yet I didn’t take that route. Came off very racist, prejudice, bias and made me question how she got that position.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Someone reached out to me on email to set up a call. After some very minor small talk, we got into the interview and the interviewer asked first why i'm looking to move jobs, and the question after that was my salary expectation. I said I'm looking for a competitive salary or something like that, and the guy pushed back and asked for a number or range. I gave a range which was apparently way over their starting salary for associates ($40,000), so the interviewer ended the interview right there. So dont bother with GroupM if you are expecting more than $40,000 a year in NYC...

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GroupM.

Interview

I had a short phone interview with the recruiter who informed me about the companies and teams. Then interviewed in person 3 weeks later with 4 different teams all in one day.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First round: phone interview with the recruiter. Then onsite. Consists of 4 rounds, each round 45 mins. Directors are from different teams and they share info between each round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you manage conflicts   1 Answer

Associate Direct Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GroupM (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Got a call from HR, next week got called in for in-person, after 2 weeks got an offer. Very nice, professional and friendly, seemed like a good place to work. However the pay is garbage. It's almost an interns salary. For a huge company in Manhattan, the pay is ridiculously low. Also it is non negotiable. Also work timings seemed like they would stretch till 9 or 10 PM on a pretty general basis. Interviewers were forward about that and would seem that there is no work life balance. In the end its agency work so the client needs come first, but for the pay it did not seem worth it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, Why an agency, Why GroupM, What type of management style have you worked for and what would you prefer?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.