Cover image for The Emirates Group

Add an Interview

Interview Question

Restaurant Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

The Emirates Group

Guest found a hair on the food what will you do?

Tags:behavioral, leadership

Interview Answers

19 Answers

Approach the guest and apologize and make sure that letting guests feel that we are really taking care about them and food safety as well. And in the same time,during the conversation is going on try to fix the problem by offering new dish for the guest.. And the important thing is we have to create an environment where that guest can be absolutely satisfy.

Anonymous on

first take ownership and apologize to the guest, and ask the guest to allow you to make another dish for him/her,

Stephen on

If customer found hair in a food so firstly we remove the food on table and using LATTE module Listen, Apologize,Take action,Thank you and encourage after that we will provided the new food if customer not agree so we will refund the whole amount of bill and give customer recovery coupon.

Chandan singh on

S.Ferozkhan on

Approach the guest and learn , empathize , apologize ,respond, as fast as possible and highlight to the chef and F&B manager.

Anonymous on

I Will Be Sure About The ( PPE) Personal Protective Equipment Are Fully Compliance If My Hygiene System is Completely Followed Protected, Then I Will Apologized For This Happen ,I Will Try to Satisfy to The Guest, Beyond it If The Guest Is Not Convinced Then At The Last Moment I Will Arrange The Fresh Foods

Seyed Imtiaz Ahmed on

İ will change direct food and i need the call my manager and ı need the say the guest sorry for that

Anonymous on

we have to apologise first and exchange with similar food but in clean dish.

Ddamulira on

Apology first and replacing food and be so kin to cover the head carefully before starting to work

Nambuya Eve on

You don’t need to make a big deal out of it. Simply get the attention of your server or another member of the waiting staff, alert them to the issue and ask for a new dish to be prepared. Usually, this is all you need to do. The restaurant may choose to offer you something such as a free drink/dessert or for that particular dish to be removed from the bill. However, I personally would be more than satisfied if they simply prepared a new meal. If you really feel the need to complain, don’t take it out on the server. It’s not their fault. And the chances are it was probably an accident. I very much doubt that the chefs decided to play barbers and cut off a strand of their hair to slip into someone’s food. Ask to speak to the manager or the head chef and explain that you are not happy because you found a hair in your food. They can then take whatever action they deem to be necessary

Pawan on

I will change direct food and I need the call my manager and I need the say the gust sorry for that

Anonymous on

First say the sorry remove the dish on the table and return new dish an complimentary.

Anonymous on

First i Will apologize to customer and make sure everything is fine for customer Remove the dish and offering to serve the new dish Give the new dish and keep apologize and make sure the same thing not happend again

Wida nuruliawati on

Approach the guest and apologize and make sure that letting guests feel that we are really taking care about them and food safety as well. And in the same time,during the conversation is going on try to fix the problem by offering new dish for the guest.. And the important thing is we have to create an environment where that guest can be absolutely satisfy'.Alaso let my manager to talk to the guest'

sudath jayantha on

I will admit, apologize,and act

Godlove Jong on

First should apologize for the guest about that and I can offer for the guest making new order or if want to change for onther one at the end I can give like complimentary desert as second apologize

Anonymous on

First I’ll apologize to the guest to make them feel we are really sorry and such will never happen again, provide another food with discount to make them feel more comfortable.

This is disgusting

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.