HCL Technologies Graduate Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

HCL Technologies Graduate Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at HCL Technologies

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Kolkata) in June 2014.

Interview

It was hard and long. Lot of questions and 4 rounds, Out of 800+ people only 10 got selected.
They are very keen on technical rounds where they ask too much about your technology and how much you know about it. Although I was a fresher luckily i knew the answers and cracked the interview

Interview Questions

• Strong knowledge about networks, IP addressing and VLAN and switching   Answer Question
  • Basic Computation   Answer Question
  • strong intrapersonal questions and communication round.. e.g. Tell me something about the colour orange.

"I was walking down the street and suddenly i saw there was fire raining from sky and I...."
    complete the story hence   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was a fresher so there was no negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida) in September 2015.

Interview

3 step interview process
    round 1: aptitude and english grammar test--> basic grammar test with quantitative test
    round 2: Networking questions --> Networking questions were asked in interview
    round 3:HR interview --> This was the most rigorous round.The HR scanned all past events before
                                            making a job offer

The HR was sceptical of the job offer.However, I received the offer later.
    Had a great overall experience with the interview

It took one month for them to finally respond with the offer letter
    This time period could have been shortened I feel.

P.S : HCL Tech has a great work environment for freshers.However, the annual pay is quite
    low

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No i was not able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Pune) in June 2017.

Interview

Went through college.
    There were 4 rounds in all.
    1. English written test
    2. Personal Interview.
    3. Technical Round.
    4. HR Round.

All of the above rounds were easy. The first round is an objective MCQ based test. They just check your grammar and vocabulary.
    The next round is one-on-one personal interview wherein you are asked to introduce yourself. They just check your communication skills. So be confident and introduce yourself and answer whatever further questions they ask, calmly.
    The next round after PI was the technical interview , they just ask you some basics of computer, ask your area of interest in computers and ask a few questions about that then a few questions about your project. No programming questions though. If you get selected in TR that you are selected for the job and the next round HR is just to brief you about your job profile. Overall it was an easy process too tiring though, went on from 10:00 to around 9:30 but cannot blame anyone as there were as much as 700 people attending the drive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Interview

Actually they would say the designation as graduate trainee but its for service desk and for this u need to attend 4 rounds
    1 first round was an easy grammatical testing one objective type
    2 next was to check ur communication they would ask u some question and u should reply for it or they would give u a topic and u neeD to sleek about
    For us in 1 st round dir were around 250 students from which 150 got selected and in the second round they took only around 10 people after dat I don't know how many got selected.
    Forgot to say some thing important they would make u to make for hours together..for attending the interview......

Interview Questions

• Introduce urself   1 Answer
    • Which thing would encourage u and which would discourage u   1 Answer
    • Ur favourite holiday destination   1 Answer
    • Difference between atmosphere and environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Ghaziabad) in September 2017.

Interview

there were three rounds
    1. coding round which was pen and paper-based. a program to remove duplicate characters was given.
    2. technical round based on oops and DBMS
    3. hr round

Interview Questions

• what is network access protocol   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was Quite easy they were basically checking our communication and accent.
    At First there was a English Test .That was damn easy mostly everyone qualified.After that there were 2 accent check round followed by a techinical and HR.

Interview Questions

• In Technical Round the interviewer asked me about my project and some basic question after seeing my resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New Delhi) in August 2017.

Interview

First I had called for the aptitude test, after qualifying this test I had to go with technical and HR round which was taken together. Really this was a fantastic experience.

Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Greater Noida) in November 2017.

Interview

I appeared in a pool campus at gr. noida . The interview process have 5 rounds which is given as follows-
    1. Written test(For checking english grammar).
    2. One to one.
    3. They will give you some topic to check your pronunciation and voice tone.
    4. Technical round.
    5. HR

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell about yourself?
      Q:Why hcl ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Pune) in November 2017.

Interview

I have applied to HCL Technology through Profound ,drive was conducted in my college only (pune)in month of November.It was for Graduate Trainee profile they were recruiting.
    Interview Process
    Overall process was easy,and it took me whole day at the end I was selected.
    They were looking candidates for Banglore,Chennai and Noida location.
    1.Grammar Aptitude
    2.GD
    3.GD
    4.Technical
    5.HR

Profound management was good.so it makes the whole process smooth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Pune) in October 2017.

Interview

This was exclusive campus arranged by Profound Edutech Pune .Job profile was Graduate Trainee for Service desk and Automation.There were four Rounds:
    1) MCQ Verbal Test of English of 20 Questions in10 minutes to check basics of grammar and communication.
    2) Personal Interview: We were asked to talk on topic given by them and introduce ourselves.This was also to check sentence formation,basics of English.
    3) Technical interview
    4) HR interview.
    Good Communication skills are important for HCL.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.