HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at HCL Technologies

3,085 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Interview

First round was a series of code questions from leetcode. It involved 4 easy questions and one moderate question. You had two hours. The next interview was done through video, because of the COVID-19 pandemic. I liked the interview, because it was strictly technical. No b.s. questions like, "describe a time you demonstrated leadership." These questions are stupid, because they measure a candidates ability to interview, not to do a job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how inheritance worked in java.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Super easy, one phone interview where they basically just asked me if I knew SQL and a few other basic questions, it was about 15min with no coding at all.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I did a zoom interview with one guy. Asked basic java questions about oops. Polymorphism, inheritance, ect. Overall, it was a very typical technical interview. It skipped over the bs nontechnical time waste questions like "Tell me about a time you demonstrated leadership?" This is nice since these questions only judge someone on their ability to b.s. people not on their ability to work a job

Interview Questions

Interview

I got an interview and Skype interview was scheduled for half hour for the role. The interview was fairly difficult but worth it. It was a good experience just like all others that I gave in the past.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

two rounds, both in person, starting with the middle level managers asking basic interview questions like what brings you in, tell us about yourself, what are some of your goals.

Interview Questions

• Something that could be considered a strength and weakness of mine   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. Two technical and one HR round. First round completely technical round. And round by architect mostly about my previous projects work experience. Final round by HR where salary discussion happens

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

good, brief proccess, interviewer firs gave a first screening, then a technical round and a round with managers; after that offer was made. The whole proccess took like two weeks

ETL Tester Interview

Application

I interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2020.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview for 30 minutes. Interviewer explained the questions well and gave enough time to answer. The interviewer was friendly. Overall it was a good experience giving interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my project in IDQ.
      Difference between regression testing, smoke testing and sanity testing, types of joins, defect life cycle   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Online interview waiting for review I don’t believe it’s real. I had to download a app. I never heard of waiting to hear back. They said something about sending money to purchase equipment.

Test Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Interview involved only asking to write programs and with use of very specific Linux system tool commands (such as the command arguments to power off or boot a system through LOM interface). Interview screening was on a poor connection video call. Interviewer was unfriendly and I felt like there is likely some discrimination going on based on age or race. There was resistance to clarify the interview questions from the interviewer. Later found out this is the company that may have been responsible for the Boing 737 Max faults, and was not too surprised when I heard that. I was not really qualified for the job, but felt like even if I was highly qualified I would not have passed the interview or been hired anyways.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions with Classes and also specific Linux system commands.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.