HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at HCL Technologies

2,694 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They called for interview on weekend more than 500 members came for interview .we have to wait for 3 hours for online test ,then they will call you for next round

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Antonio, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• The interview process depends on the interviewer. Not very difficult. It was basic java questions. There was no coding test. There were two round of interview and one HR discussion.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2018.

Interview

Applicants were divided off to a separate interviewer. The interviewer asked about programming history and languages known.Interviewer then followed up with 3 problem solving questions and ask to explain the 7 networking layers.

Interview Questions

• Given an integer, how many cycles must you multiply all digits until a single digit remains.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Got called and they set up an interview with someone technical on the team. Took a bit of time but I interviewed with a technical person who asked me some questions. Job offer was offered a few weeks later

Interview Questions

• What is a smart pointer? What languages do you use mostly?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2018.

Interview

They give you a pen and paper test that has trivial questions related to Java that you can search the answer to in 5 seconds. Rather than testing your programming ability they only test theoretical knowledge. Very poor interview process.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Naperville, IL (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Our department was merged into HCL contracts from alcatel-lucent. We continued doing the same job for a 2 year contact period. The interview was a formality but we did have the option to decline.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to advance to management.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since we came from an existing department there was no negotiation.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Good experience. Design patterns, code review methodologies. Management level questions were also asked. Overall good experience.
    Coding standards and Previous projects were asked. Framework of the mentioned projects were explained to them.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2017.

Interview

The technical interviewer was rude and did not appreciated my time. Called me out of the blue one afternoon and asked to conduct a technical interview. Told him I'm in the middle of some important work and asked to schedule the interview day after tomorrow. To my horror, he asked me if I needed to study and why wasn't I able to give him an interview tomorrow. Told him that I should be able to interview tomorrow in my lunch hour. The technical interview was thorough and enjoyable. The technical interviewer's manager called me in 2 days and was praising me on my experience and how impressed he was on the feedback. Told me that he would call me tomorrow with his Senior Manager. The next morning, HR called in and was deliberately rude and was acting as if she does not care if you are just another applicant she is talking to and definitely does not know what value add you would bring to the company. Hanged up the phone in 5 mins after telling that client location has changed and we can offer you less money than what was initially agreed on. I researched and called her back and delivered a VM. No followup since then (appx 20 days). Spoke to the manager after a week but no followup from him too. In short don't even bother interviewing with HCL America. These people will just kill your time and nothing more. Summary - Poor negotiation skills, Rude, Marginalizing, Non-ethical, Unresponsive, Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Asked a variety of questions on Checkpoint, ASA, Juniper, Proxies, VPN.   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

It was very good. Only phone interview and within 3 days offer to get on board.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was good.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC (US)).

Interview

Phone interview - What is threading ? Multitasking? WCF.WPF.webservices?
    JOins in Sql, indexes in sql? AJAX? session mamgement? diff data set and data reader? ADO.net objects? adv and disadv of request.querystring?