HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at HCL Technologies

3,012 Interview Reviews

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Frisco, TX (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes early for appointment. Waited about an hour as they were way behind. One candidate waiting for an interview left. Their were five others, two ahead of me.

Interviewer didn't have my resume or know anything about me, very eager to get back to his project work. Couldn't quite tell if he was being warm or snide.

Interview Questions

• Many rote memory recitals: Name the 10 PMBOK Knowledge Areas (hint, there are only 9), etc.   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Interview was basic and they also check your communication skill as well. Cover the topics like TCP, ospf, BGP, etc. If your basics are strong you can easily clear the technical round.

Interview Questions

• router works on which layer?   1 Answer

Entry Level Position Interview

Interview

Interviewed here in Sunnyvale. The HR team is horrible. They won’t even let you know the result even after checking multiple times. Never join such companies. Do they even have openings?

Junior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Waited in a lobby to get called into an interview. I had to wait for about 2.5 hours before I had my first interview. After completing the interview, I was asked to stay for the second round and waited for another 30 minutes. Overall the wait was long but the interviewers were nice and well mannered.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions to make sure you knew your stuff. For my position they asked some circuit design question and gave one coding question. I mentioned my interest in robotics and iot and got quizzed on it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2018.

Interview

They give you a pen and paper test that has trivial questions related to Java that you can search the answer to in 5 seconds. Rather than testing your programming ability they only test theoretical knowledge. Very poor interview process.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by one of the recruiter. It was not very professional from the very start. The recruiter didn't include how the interview will be proceeded, like in person or phone or video call. On the actual interview day, the interviewer who seems to be an engineer, called one hour early, to which I said I am not available yet. So we agreed to do it on the time we agreed before. This time around, the interviewer was late for 30 minutes, and very unprepared, and disorganized. I answered both technical questions correct. The interview ended abrupt because he seemed to have something else to do. 1 week after and nothing. So disorganized to a point I didn't know what just happened lol.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Got a Phone Interview through a recruiter. Went well. Then had a onsite interview with the team. Typically for about 1 - 2 hour. Questions were easy . Easy Python Questions and Regex expressions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2018.

Interview

Applicants were divided off to a separate interviewer. The interviewer asked about programming history and languages known.Interviewer then followed up with 3 problem solving questions and ask to explain the 7 networking layers.

Interview Questions

• Given an integer, how many cycles must you multiply all digits until a single digit remains.   1 Answer

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

First round was technical and ask questions technical and their response come after 4 days after. After first clear second round with manager

Manager round was not technically. Only ask your past experience and role

Manager will be not interested in taking interview. We need to add into Skype and process interview ourself. After good interview with them he will reject your application

EUC Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Racine, WI (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Straightforward but required a few reschedules. Initial interview was with the recruiter followed by an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager interview was mostly conversational with a few technical/process oriented questions thrown in. I enjoyed the discussion and felt that I was given the opportunity to represent myself well. I felt aligned with the current HCL practices and goals.

I was notified that I had been accepted within 24 hours.

As far as the background check... be prepared to wait 2-3 weeks for completion. The BVG company is very thorough so be sure to answer all questions and be completely honest. I had multiple interactions with them, but they were pleasant to deal with.

Interview Questions

• How do you create and review incidents in Service Now. What about ITASKS and problem tickets?   Answer Question