HCL Technologies Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

HCL Technologies Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at HCL Technologies

2.7

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Have some manners to conduct a interview. I had 2.5 years experience and they conducted interview for 3-8 years. I sent an email whether I am eligible to attend the interview to the mail id which was mentioned in the walkin post. I got no reply but anyway I wanted to give that a try. So I went there for interview and they were interviewing 2 years experienced people also. So I waited but after sometime they said that suddenly online test for the rest of the people . They did not give any break for lunch. I waited from 11 to 3 and after I was asked to attend the online test. Before starting, they asked me how many experience I have. I said 2.5 years. They asked me to leave for the day because they want only 3+ years . This didn't happen only to me. After making the candidates wait for more than 4 to 5 hours they are asking if they are willing to relocate to Bangalore. If not , they are asking to leave after making them wait for nearly 4 to 5 hours.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Java Developer Interview

Interview

1) Online Application
    2) If your resume gets selected then Recruiter call after application
    3) Send your details in email
    4) Coding challenge
    5) If you pass the coding challenge then Technical interview

Interview Questions

• 1) MCQ's - 10 questions
      2) Coding question -1
      duration - 45-50min   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

it was easy, i have to wait little longer but good experience.there was technical round and face to face also, a was a little nervous, but people who are taking the interview make me comfortable

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

direct face to face round and waited there for 15mins, then there is technical discussion followed by general discussion by two HCL full time employees. they asked about my overall experience and technologies used. and asked few questions about my current project, collection frame work, hashmap internal working, multi threading, singleton, some real time scenarios

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview started late and seemed disorganized from the start. I went in for Java Developer (Fresher) but instead was asked if I was interested in Devops positions. They pressured me to answer during the interview, even though I had only just learned of the job. Shortly after while I taking a test for the Java position they told me I could leave. I didn't even get a chance for the developer position. It seems like they didn't tell me exactly what I was going in to interview for and made me look bad coming in for one position when in fact they needed another position filled.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

We were more than 50 people for the interview event and we waited for about 30-1hour in the waiting room and we were called to come inside and took the paper exam divided in to three rooms and after we completed the exam we went back to the waiting room and after about 30min two stuff come and called our name that they choose and thank to other who didn't make it. Our group, the first, 10am, was there for this one position. Started off with everyone taking a quick multiple choice basic code/skills test, some got picked off. Then a quick writing/introduction test, more were eliminated. Easy so far.… There was paper exam to evaluate your skills. It covers from core java to open source technologies like spring and hibernate, servlets type questions.The hiring and interview process takes like 3-5 hours. First there was paper exam to evaluate your skills and knowledge about the subject.Once you pass the exam or be chosen to proceed with the hiring and interview process, there is one to one interview with recruiters. There was paper exam to evaluate your skills. It covers from core java to open source technologies like spring and hibernate, servlets type questions.The hiring and interview process takes like 3-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• -Can a class be final?
      - Difference between Application context and bean factory?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai) in February 2020.

Interview

First HR will call you and fixed the interview timing and then their will be the technical round. The technical round goes for about an 30 min and then their will be small HR meeting.

Interview Questions

• They asked question about collections, multi-threading, oracle SQL queries   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai).

Interview

Long process
    > Online test (1st day)
    > F2F technical interview (1st Day)
    > Manager round - 1 week later
    .> HR round - happened almost 2 weeks after manegerial round

Offer released- 1 and half months later.

Got call from a recruitment agency for interview. Online test and 1:1 happened on following weekend. Post 1 week went through managerial round. 2 weeks after the process got call from HR that I am selected. We had a small discussion over salary. HR was very nice and polite during conversation. Exactly 1 and half months after 1:1, received offer letter and was asked for documentation.

Interview Questions

• Basic programming skill test, questions from project work done so far   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Pune) in December 2019.

Interview

MCQ Test, Machine test followed by technical interview.Very pathetic.MCQ questions were copy pasted codes from internet.No thoughts were given to it.Randomly picked questions.Average test followed by machine test.Average again.Then the tech interview.Very basic Java but conceptual questions.interviewer was not at all interested.very laid back attitude.I gave all the correct and in depth answers with my experience.he was surprised too. After forcing me to wait for more than 2 hours .hr told me I was rejected because I am not technically good.lol.I was way more technically sound than their expectations.

please don't waste your time in giving interview for HCL. if you come from good product based company with good technical background.This pathetic service based company has nothing to offer you.they will waste your time.

They simply can't afford good talent with already high salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New Delhi) in December 2019.

Interview

job application got shortlisted through naukri for Nagpur HCL loctn 2 year experience. I didn't had any location constraint so I went for interview. There were 4 rounds. 2 tech, 1 HR, last salary discussion. First round they asked from core Java tricky question from threads, collection,serilization along with some logical questions. Second round was about project I work on, spring hibernate.
    In salary discussion the HR was talking like a sales girl. She asked me to settle on same package. She said that Nagpur is tier 2 city so they cannot offer that much. Are they fools?? Why they are conducting drive if they cannot give even 1 per cent increment. Worst 👎 experience

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.