HCL Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

HCL Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at HCL Technologies

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Interview

First round was a series of code questions from leetcode. It involved 4 easy questions and one moderate question. You had two hours. The next interview was done through video, because of the COVID-19 pandemic. I liked the interview, because it was strictly technical. No b.s. questions like, "describe a time you demonstrated leadership." These questions are stupid, because they measure a candidates ability to interview, not to do a job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how inheritance worked in java.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Super easy, one phone interview where they basically just asked me if I knew SQL and a few other basic questions, it was about 15min with no coding at all.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Received email invite with date to visit the facility and visited the facility on the specified date. There were 2 rounds of interview, both are technical and asked to write programming related questions to solve.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2020.

Interview

It wasn't much of an interview in the traditional sense. I applied and was sent a link to complete a cognitive assessment (not a coding assessment, by the way). Two weeks later I received a phone call from HCL where they tried to tell me more about the position. I say tried because the person on the phone was being very vague and didn't give many details. This phone call lasted maybe 5 minutes. A week later I received an e-mail asking me to sign up to participate in their training. They expect you to complete 200+ hours of .NET training on your own time, for free, before offering you a job that pays minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me anything. No background questions. No behavioral questions. No coding questions. I didn't really even have to interview for them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. The recruiter gave entirely inaccurate information about how the interview would work. I was told an in-person coding test on a computer followed by a panel interview. What I got instead was just an interview with two team members. They asked a few questions about resume projects, 3 coding questions, and we just wrapped up with my questions. I was on time as well and had to wait over a half hour after the scheduled interview time to begin.

Interview Questions

• Some basic SQL questions and a string manipulation question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

t is basically, the hiring manager will call and brief you about the position, if you are OK with the role and responsibilities, he will schedule F2F round with Technical panel. There will be Technical round of interview followed by the technical + managerial round with customer(Client side interview). Finally, Recruiting HR will contact you for the salary package discussion. Here the salary negotiation part could be little twitchy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Going for onsite interview, first answered some python questions on the paper, then wait for a while let you in and being interviewed in person. Total has four round of interview. Mainly about python coding questions and data structures and networking questions

Interview Questions

• Ask some networking questions, OSI layers, TCP/IP, router, switch.. and python coding question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Very warming and and probing for general competency versus esoteric algorithms. Big opportunity for self starters. I made the second round but took a safer bet, but a friend got an offer for 75k and and brand new mac. Retooling IBM as they took over IBM'S software. React and java

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed for Java developer contract position for WA location. There were lots of techinical questions around the resume and about design patterns. More like a theory examination.

Interview Questions

• MVC, Design patterns (singleton), Hibernate foreign key   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2018.

Interview

They give you a pen and paper test that has trivial questions related to Java that you can search the answer to in 5 seconds. Rather than testing your programming ability they only test theoretical knowledge. Very poor interview process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.