HCL Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

HCL Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at HCL Technologies

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Got a Phone Interview through a recruiter. Went well. Then had a onsite interview with the team. Typically for about 1 - 2 hour. Questions were easy . Easy Python Questions and Regex expressions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. The recruiter gave entirely inaccurate information about how the interview would work. I was told an in-person coding test on a computer followed by a panel interview. What I got instead was just an interview with two team members. They asked a few questions about resume projects, 3 coding questions, and we just wrapped up with my questions. I was on time as well and had to wait over a half hour after the scheduled interview time to begin.

Interview Questions

• Some basic SQL questions and a string manipulation question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

they scheduled me several times for same day interviews and the interviewer would not even show up or come very late even though they knew I was busy with personal project.

once they got approval that they want me, they would not even give me a written offer.

It seems like they want you to be treated like a third class citizen highly disrespectful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Very warming and and probing for general competency versus esoteric algorithms. Big opportunity for self starters. I made the second round but took a safer bet, but a friend got an offer for 75k and and brand new mac. Retooling IBM as they took over IBM'S software. React and java

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They called for interview on weekend more than 500 members came for interview .we have to wait for 3 hours for online test ,then they will call you for next round

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2018.

Interview

Applicants were divided off to a separate interviewer. The interviewer asked about programming history and languages known.Interviewer then followed up with 3 problem solving questions and ask to explain the 7 networking layers.

Interview Questions

• Given an integer, how many cycles must you multiply all digits until a single digit remains.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2018.

Interview

They give you a pen and paper test that has trivial questions related to Java that you can search the answer to in 5 seconds. Rather than testing your programming ability they only test theoretical knowledge. Very poor interview process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Got called and they set up an interview with someone technical on the team. Took a bit of time but I interviewed with a technical person who asked me some questions. Job offer was offered a few weeks later

Interview Questions

• What is a smart pointer? What languages do you use mostly?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Antonio, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• The interview process depends on the interviewer. Not very difficult. It was basic java questions. There was no coding test. There were two round of interview and one HR discussion.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bellevue, WA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

This was a strange one. To tell you the truth, it's not really an interview
    that they call you to. I was contacted by a recruiter who told me that I was going to
    interview for a Java software developer position, but actually it's a mass hiring event
    and when I got there I found out they were actually hiring for .NET developers.
    There were groups of about 30 people coming in throughout the day, and from what I
    heard there were only about 5 positions available.

They take you in to do a hand-written
    test, and if you don't score in the top 10% or something like that they won't even talk to you
    (you will not interview). The test everyone was taking when I was there
    was supposedly for .NET (yes I spent the whole week studying Java stuff because of what
    my recruiter told me), but there was not even one .NET question on the test. There was
    one page of SQL questions and one page of general aptitude crap that had little or nothing
    to do with software engineering.

I waited in their cafeteria with the group for 2 1/2 hours, then they called my name and told
    me (among many others) that I wouldn't be getting an offer. Also, literally every engineer
    I saw working there was Indian, and literally every other person I saw working there that was
    not an engineer was white; you can draw your own conclusions... The test papers where also
    chalked up with typos and improper grammar. From what I've seen I don't think I would want
    to work for this organization.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL statement that gets [3 things] from _______ table and this information,
      sort it by date and group by such and such. What are joins? Explain the various joins
      and how they work. What statement would you use to clear all the data in a table?
      Question about having 3 containers of water and how to measure out 10 gallons from
      what you have. Story problems like "This person is selling oranges.
      She sold 1/2 an orange more than half of what she had, then sold 1/3 of an orange
      from what she had left. Also, she didn't cut any oranges. How many oranges did she
      have to start with?" Pretty ridiculous.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.