HCL Technologies Specialist Interview Questions

Updated 25 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 3.7K interviews

Employee Referral19%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

HCL Technologies

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview

Total 3 rounds, 1st round technical covers overall skill level questions 2nd round technical with project members covering project related requirements and so on Last one HR round to negotiate salary and job position and everything. And then document submission,offer release will take around a week

Interview Questions
  • About myself
    Answer Question

HCL Technologies

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies

Interview

I never applied. They found me. Never spoke to anyone on the phone. All electronic communication due to the language barrier. Went to work site and interviewed with two people who had the same job function and not the actual supervisor.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai) in Sep 2018

Interview

Technical Round and Communications round and then a online test testing the technical skills. The first round would be like chose the best answer to test grammar skills and once you passed that it will take up to 30 minutes to get you prepared for next round which would be your V&A round over telephone and once you pass it there goes the online technical skills test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Lucknow) in Jul 2018

Interview

Had 2 technical rounds and both were good. Interviewer were asking questions related to past projects and later asking scenario based questions to test my capability. Had a good interview experience.

Interview Questions
  • Q1. Describe your past working profile. Q2. How would you rate yourself on a scale of 10 in Unix/Shell Scripting? Q3. What tasks have you done till now and what is your area of interest? Q4. Describe few of your automations. Q5. How can you extract a particular keyword occurence from a file in Unix? Q6. In a csv file, there are 10 columns, how can you fetch column number 2, 5 and 8? Q7. If their is no issue between and application and database connectivity but still there is no output from database server for queries being requested, what could be the issue? Q8. How can you copy a file that is present on server A to a server B? Q9. How can you make use of ssh command? Q10. How can you replace a particular expression in a file in unix?

HCL Technologies

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at HCL Technologies in Nov 2017

Interview

2 rounds, easy process. 1) Group Discussion - Was given a topic to the group to discuss, everyone were given chance to speak. 2) Technical MCQ - The candidates who cleared group discussions were asked to take the online test.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Group Discussion - Was given a topic to the group to discuss 2) Technical MCQ - Took the online test

HCL Technologies

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in Nov 2016

Interview

Great interview and hiring process. Pretty fast and smooth. Everything went well. Interviewwrs were very cooperarive. hcl campus is a big campus with good hr personnel. I always wanted to work.with HCL and it was a dream come true. It has excellwnt peofiles.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida) in Mar 2016

Interview

Went in walkin interview and interview was well coordinated and in a single day 3 rounds completed which includes 2 technical and 1 HR. Interview was conducted in a same floor for all the tracks. Good Experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HCL Technologies

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in Nov 2015

Interview

The process starts with the test of basic grammer. Then according to the post applied for, the candidate goes for a tech round and then finally the hr and salary discussion

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida) in Mar 2015

Interview

Three rounds of interview. 1) HR Round 2) written online test 3)technical round if you clear all three rounds you will be asked to submit the required documents for background verification. Post background verification offer letter will be rolled out.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai) in Nov 2012

Interview

Operations round - bacis questions on derivatives(forwards, futures,options etc)

Interview Questions
  • Difference between options and ftures
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews