HGST Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

HGST Interview Questions

Interviews at HGST

2.6

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Received a phone contact from HR to set up the interview in a few days. Given lots of instructions and map on how to get to the interview. HR meets me in the parking lot and escorts me to the interview room. Two gentlemen there, and one looked upset about being there. He hesitated to shake my hand, although the other was very polite. We had numerous interruptions during the interview from other employees just walking into the room.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my people, mechanical skills, and salary requirements. Interview was about 15 minutes. (Very short)   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HGST in April 2016.

Interview

Got Interview scheduled through recruitment agency.
    The interview lasted 40 minutes and panelist were prepared to ask many questions and that in depth and detailed explanation was expected.
    Very poor interview panel with an intention to grill down the candidate applying for the job.
    I feel lucky not to join this role.

Principal Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

I emailed the manager after applied online. He replied after a week expressing an interest in me and mentioning that his group focuses on the board-level design though feeling me did more on the device fabrication. The following interview was conducted by one of his group member and took about 1 hour. He asked the very details of my resume and previous experience. He confessed that the position is very competitive with hundreds of resume received. Only 20 would be picked for on-site interview and 1-2 would be chosen finally. Although he mentioned another guy would interview me again, but no further information given for a month.

Interview Questions

• Very detailed review of my resume. Includes the component name of the software I used for projects.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Friendly, thorough, in-depth, and I can tell they interviewed with the approach that they wanted to be able to hire me, and not like I was just another number, or that they had done 5 others that same day. It was engaging.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HGST (Manila, Manila (Philippines)).

Interview

Interview is flexible. You can be interviewed via phone or in the company. They are fast in telling if you are accepted or not. They will immidiately offer you if you got accepted.

Interview Questions

• Experience regarding the job   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binãn, Laguna (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HGST (Binãn, Laguna (Philippines)).

Interview

I was asked a normal hr questions like tell me about yourself, why do I want to apply for the job, what do I expect from the position, if I am willing to relocate there.

The interview was chill but you would feel that they are competent thus would like a applicant that is really skilled and determined. Just be confident and sell your skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

it is ok, you have two online questions need 75 minutes
    and onsite interview are ok, and they are friendly,
    but need to prepare that is for sure
    location is good near airport, and commute is very good. but project will be difficult

Technical Support Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HGST (Bengaluru).

Interview

Ez. Kidding and honeywell and honeywell and white Hart lane is the it industry and white Hart lane on Sunday night that the lights are on a gold plate for dota bangalore

Research Staff Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore Rural

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HGST (Bangalore Rural) in May 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. Technical round. Group discussion and HR round. Easy questions. Be confident. Interview must be cleared.

Interview Questions

• What is the colour of the Sky?
      What is the Capital of India?
      Where were you born?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

HGST has a pretty straightforward interview process for internship roles. They did not ask difficult questions but were looking mostly to see if you have the skill set they described on the job description and if you're basically willing to learn.

Interview Questions

• What type of software do you know experience using?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.