HGST Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

HGST Interview Questions

Interviews at HGST

2.6

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a typical interview process. Recruiter arranged an interview schedule with about 6 people, about 30 minutes person on site. Basically took a whole day. Overall experience was positive.

Negotiation

None

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

Very professional interview. About 7 individual interviews with the team + a 1hr presentation.The interviewers were very friendly. The questions were mostly technical with few that were behavioral like why should we hire you?, What are your strengths/weaknesses?, etc.

The presentation is a very helpful thing. It saves the candidate some time when doing the individual interviews.
    Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• All technical and behavioral questions were expected and easy   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

Be thorough in the basics especially Digital design concepts, your projects etc. Able to code in verilog. FSM concepts and should be able to code. Should know perl basics. basic computer architecture concepts should be known.

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted on phone by recruiter, then asked to come in for 1/2 day of interviews (4 interviewers). I was asked questions pertaining to why I would want to work at Hitachi. They asked few questions; time filled with them describing current management, culture, and problems they faced.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I would give up my current practice to work in-house? It was difficult to answer because after some of the interviewers description of the management, I honestly didn't.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews (first with HR and the next with the hiring manager), followed by an on site interview. The phone interview with the hiring manager was very thorough and detailed. The on site interview to the contrary was very casual. HR was very disorganized with the process and seemed to have a communication gap with the hiring team. In addition they did not offer to pay for costs associated with on site interview (commute costs). In addition, the HR person was very aggressive (for example she would call three times in a row if I didnt answer the phone before leaving a message).

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral questions - What is your greatest failure?   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Got contacted by recruiter via linkedin. HR called first followed by Hiring Manager. They asked about my current job and my work/skills background. I worked for another storage company so the skill set needed for HGST job was exactly my work profile in my current job.

They scheduled in-person interview and flew me in their San Jose site. Interview process was good, got interviewed by members of team I was supposed to join. Got interviewed by 6 team members and HR. Hiring manager took me for lunch in their cafeteria. He was friendly. The only aspect I did not like is that I was interviews by less experienced people than me. 2 interviewers out of 6 had less than 2 yrs of experience. I suppose their team had only 6 members and they had no other option.

Everything went smooth except I did not get offered $$$ which I had in mind. I would have accepted the offer if they offered me 10K more.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking me why am I leaving my current company.   1 Answer

Their offered salary was less than I was expecting.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST in January 2012.

Interview

Contacted by hiring manager for a phone interview. Interview involved basic C questions like what is volatile, static etc. Called on-site for 6 rounds of one on one interviews with engineers. engineers were really friendly and explained everything about what the team does. Basic coding questions, nothing really hard or unexpected. Binary Search Trees, Linked list sorting etc.

Interviews are nothing out of the box. Just get the basics clear before you go for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were straight forward. Tricky one was checking if the word in a linked list was a palindrome or not. Every character is in a node. The condition was that no extra space was allowed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated the base package. Tough to negotiate with them.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

Applied on school job fair.
    Process: phone conversation -> on-site interview (it took a day)
    The interviewers are very friendly. If you are not clear about what they are asking, you can directly ask them.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Foundation of C/C++. Talked about your projects and work experiences.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

easy and diverse questions

Engineering Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

Can"t comment and can't not elaborate more about the process did not experience to be in in the process was too long and too many interviewer too technical