HGST Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at HGST

2.6

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted through a career fair. I had an email exchange via multiple departments which eventually let to a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Alot of the questions were just asking what I knew, types of equipment I had used, and which class work might be relevant. No behavioral questions, just technically sided inquires.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Friendly, outgoing staff who make you feel welcome immediately. Casual, low key environment. Employee seem happy and down to earth. Nice building, but location is a bit remote. It's deep in South San Jose, close to Morgan Hill. Nothing nearby.

Director of IP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HGST (Irvine, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

First two phone interviews. First interview with HR to determine how personable I was. A phone interview with the hiring manager was next. Then a rush scheduling of the trip out there. All the interviewers were rushed as a result.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HGST (Milpitas, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Lots of detailed questions on SSDs, problems, architecture, future, business outlook, how can we compete, what are the new areas of applications etc. past experiences in product management etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable

Principal Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I went through a one day long interview. Presented a 45 min long seminar on my previous experience and had multiple 1 on 1 interviews (6 - 8) with research staff members and managers.
    Had lunch with the future team members and dinner with the direct managers. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous work experience   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HGST in January 2017.

Interview

Six hours interview. Explaining my work experience.

Very professional interview. About 5 individual interviews with different team members.
    The interviewers were very friendly. The questions were mostly technical with few that were behavioral. Some discussion about real life scenario.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

it was fair. I applied through indeed and i got a call within two days and it went smoothly. It took two days to setup teh interview and i spoke to three senior people and it was handled very well

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

Process was normal. HR recruiter will call and screen you, then hiring manager, then onsite. Questions where typical why should we hire you and why you want to work here. Phone interviews where less than 30 minutes and onsite was 4 plus hours long.

Interview Questions

• Not one question was difficult just the length of the process.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the hiring manager by phone for a brief discussion about my professional aspirations and experience and how they fit with the company. The on-site interview was fairly straight-forward. I initially met with the hiring manager who showed me around, then passed me off to the recruiter who discussed the basics of the company and their benefits package. I then had a chance to speak with some of the other potential co-workers one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some very technical questions that I didn't have an immediate answer to, but I believe they were designed to give me the opportunity to demonstrate my thought process and problem solving techniques.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Irvine, CA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Called me in ahead of time and scheduled an interview
    Came into the building and talked to several engineers in the group
    Talked to the manager and director of the group
    Pretty causal laid back interview

Interview Questions

• Personality questions, how would you handle this situation   Answer Question