HGST Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

HGST Interview Questions

Interviews at HGST

2.6

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HGST in April 2016.

Interview

Got Interview scheduled through recruitment agency.
    The interview lasted 40 minutes and panelist were prepared to ask many questions and that in depth and detailed explanation was expected.
    Very poor interview panel with an intention to grill down the candidate applying for the job.
    I feel lucky not to join this role.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I was called and emailed by their HR guy who said they were interested in talking with me. After filling out and returning the application, background check and NDA we set up the interview. I met with HR first, then the department manager and then 3 department engineers.

Interview Questions

• No typical interview questions. It was more walking them through my resume and describing past projects.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Received a phone contact from HR to set up the interview in a few days. Given lots of instructions and map on how to get to the interview. HR meets me in the parking lot and escorts me to the interview room. Two gentlemen there, and one looked upset about being there. He hesitated to shake my hand, although the other was very polite. We had numerous interruptions during the interview from other employees just walking into the room.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my people, mechanical skills, and salary requirements. Interview was about 15 minutes. (Very short)   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Requested numerous interviews in person. Despite positive feedback, sudden cancellations. No response or feedback, complete silence.Even after agreement for an offer, no follow-up. Did not hear back for months. Constantly being told positive feedback and then that the team was re-evaluating. Lack of transparency, communication, and direction.

The positive side, some team members were nice. However that is overshadowed by the unprofessionalism and disrespectful way candidates are treated.

Interview Questions

• The usual - strengths and weaknesses, what could you see yourself doing better, what has been your experience in storage.   Answer Question

Offer was not in range of what we discussed, disrespectful of potential employee's time, lack of transparency, indecisiveness, and only cer

Senior Hardware Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

multiple 1 on 1,
    gave a ~1 hour presentation
    took about 3~4 weeks after on site to give a offer. questions are not difficult if you know what you are doing.

Interview Questions

• what is the biggest challenge when you were doing your thesis   Answer Question

Software Tools Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was 5 hours long including lunch. I spoke to about 6 people; each person was from a different department. There wasn't much technical questions and I didn't feel grilled at all.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about creating the software tools for the company?   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HGST (Rochester, MN (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was emailed and asked to come in for an interview. Was promised no technical questions, but was asked some easy-ish questions on OS and data structures. I had another offer, and they were able to expedite getting me an offer very fast, which was very nice as I really wanted to work there but could not turn down a sure thing.

Interview Questions

• 1. Analyzing Big O of the algorithms I had used in projects
      2. What possible data structures could I use to handle translation from logical address to physical address?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had another offer. Recruiter beat it by about 10%.

Channel Mktg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Quickly set up a face to face interview

Coop In ASIC Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Rochester, MN (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

1:1 in career fair and then a 30 minute phone interview with team manager.

Desktop Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

Learned about the position through a contact in the company
    Spoke to the US-based contact for the position to exchange information
    Made contact with the CIO and got his support
    Phone interview with the Singapore-based regional manager and staff
    Offered the position and negotiated a signing bonus and a start date
    Signed, submitted paperwork

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was careful and deliberate