HGST Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at HGST

2.6

HW Development Engineer - II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Fast process. Friendly. The logistic arrangement is very flexible and the reimbursement of the travel expense is also very fast. Overall I am pretty happy with this interview process.

Firmware Testing and Tools Internship/Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Rochester, MN (US)).

Interview

The phone interview was about 15 minutes and the interviewer was very nice. The questions weren't hard at all. They were mainly about what have been my favorite classes, projects I've worked on, what programming languages I knew. There were some questions about workplace situations and how I would handle them. A couple of weeks later I was contacted and asked if I would accept an offer. I said yes and they sent me some paperwork pertaining to privacy policies, and background checks. I signed and completed the forms and was hired on as an intern.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions really.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They just asked when I could start. In my opinion, pay was great so I didn't try to negotiate that.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HGST in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was spread out in 2 days. The last interview was supposed to be on Phone from a Director. She didn't called me, neither the interviewer was reachable on phone. The recruiter told me that she will get back to me, didn't. They didn't respond to my email and didn't pick up my phone either. Another week later, I used a different number to call and got the recruiter and then he told me that they have identified someone else for this position. I got this sense from day 2, but why are they to reluctant to provide me a 1 line answer? WEIRD. There is something dysfunctional somewhere.

Interview Questions

• All questions were based on experiences from my resume.   Answer Question

SSD Firmware Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

Got a call from HR, he asked me suitable time to talk to manager. Got a call from manager, asked me about my past work experience. Got another call from HR to confirm my availability and negotiate the salary. It was extremely easy

Student - Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by On Site Interview. Duration of Interview: 3 Hours.
    Basic questions in Digital Circuits and STA. College projects were asked. These positions are easy to crack. Not a lot is asked in depth. Focus is only on the resume and the types of projects done in college. All the best.

Student - Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Process was simple, got an email from the direct hire manager, called for on site interview. Interview was 45 mins each with Manager, 2 directors. Interview was arranged quickly and the process was completed within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Previous job experiences and how I contributed into it. Questions on projects completed in school.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Lab Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Fargo, ND (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

First, I had an interview at my campus career fair. It was a fairly casual interview with a manager. She talked about general interview questions and got a feel for whether my personality type would be a fit here. She then gave me a difficult C programming question involving pointers to see what the outcome would be.

Then, I had a phone interview set up with two of the hiring managers about 3 weeks later. After the standard interview questions, they discussed with me things about how I work, I asked about company environment and such.

A week later I got offered a position. It was pretty painless as far as the hiring process for interns.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to overcome a problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but I didn't know it at the time of the interview as it was my first internship.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Rochester, MN (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview, I talked with the manager for around 15 mins and he asked me bunch of behavior questions as well as some computer based questions.
    I got the offer in 2 days with a good hourly payment.
    HGST at Rochester doesn't provide housing but the housing here in Rochester is really cheap.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions; Tell me about a situation where you had a conflict.
      Data Structure questions   Answer Question

Director of IP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HGST (Irvine, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

First two phone interviews. First interview with HR to determine how personable I was. A phone interview with the hiring manager was next. Then a rush scheduling of the trip out there. All the interviewers were rushed as a result.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HGST in April 2016.

Interview

Got Interview scheduled through recruitment agency.
    The interview lasted 40 minutes and panelist were prepared to ask many questions and that in depth and detailed explanation was expected.
    Very poor interview panel with an intention to grill down the candidate applying for the job.
    I feel lucky not to join this role.