HMS Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at HMS Holdings

2.5

Enterprise Delivery Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Irving, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. It took 15-20mins. The question was brief and easy to answer if you had the experience in the past. The HR process was quick also. Got hired in 2 days.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Irving, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The hiring and interview process had a combination of behavioral, situational and personality queations. I thought each interviewer wanted to establish who you were as an individual and how you can help with the outcomes of deliverables.

Interview Questions

• How would your handle someone that did not want to complete a request?   Answer Question

HMS Holdings Response

2 Apr 2019 – HMS Communications

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are glad you had a positive experience and look forward to having you at HMS.

HR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Irving, TX (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was a let-down. I had an interview with two women from Human Resources, because this was the department I was applying with. The interview went really well, and we all got along super nicely. They called me the next week to come back for a second interview with the director for the following week - this is where the process went awry. About an hour and 15 minutes before my scheduled, second interview, they called to cancel because one of the people wasn't there, and they were discussing "restructuring within the department." Okay. I felt this was a little unprofessional to call me an hour before my interview. Surely they had to have known this was happening beforehand. I had already taken off time from work to come, and they decided to let me know last minute. They assured me I was still their top choice, but they would have to get back with me. A little over a week later - no word from them about rescheduling or what was going on with the position, so I email the person who set up my other two interviews. Again.. no response. A week from that point, I leave a voicemail with one of the ladies who interviewed me asking for an update, and the guy I emailed called me back the next day saying they had to put the position on hold. All of this is understandable, and I know with these companies, there's budgeting and things going on behind the scenes, but I just felt like they left me in the dark for almost a month, and the whole thing felt so unprofessional. They basically went from making me feel like I had the job to basically ghosting me until I pestered them enough about it.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview

Relatively quick interview process, but no opportunity to meet supervisor or colleagues in person. I did receive an offer, but the process was extraordinarily poorly managed. Their initial offer was much, much lower than what I am currently making. I worked to negotiate a higher compensation package, and they did their best to accommodate, but at the same time, they made clear that I was perceived as "pushy" and "nit-picky". The process showed me that this company does not invest in its employees, and frankly doesn't value them. At one point in the interview process, I had some follow-up questions for my potential supervisor and I was told that she didn't have time to connect to discuss them further. Definitely speaks to the accessibility of upper management to employees. It's no wonder their ratings are so low on Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very basic -- tell us about your experience, why you want the job, etc   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at HMS Holdings in October 2018.

Interview

The total process took 8 weeks, but the first 2 weeks I never heard back. Once I did hear back and the ball started rolling, the process took 6 weeks. Received my interview through an employee referral. The first interview was a phone screen to better understand the company and the position. Three interview questions were asked. 2 weeks later I had another phone interview with Director. Very informal but easy. The people sounded really cool and chill.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Straight forward. They wanted to establish what skills I did and did not have. Were open about what techniques/skills they were willing to teach. Be open and honest, as well as up-to-date on your abilities. You should know what skills you do and do not have and be open about them- as well as your ability to learn new ones.

Interview Questions

HMS Holdings Response

2 Apr 2019 – HMS Communications

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Irving, TX (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Got this interview offer through an out of state staffing farm. Waited a week for a phone interview, that was for about 30 minutes. And, then I was told to have a f2f interview after a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly were non-technical and how to handle a situation type. Few technical questions were from old technologies that nobody uses anymore.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview

I will share a bit more after I learn from posting here if my interview was truly with HMS and if it was their legit process.

I was invited to a Google Hangouts Interview. The interview and follow-up conversation happened all via text. I have been offered a position however I am unsure of it seeing I have not spoken with someone live either via phone or Video call. I have been asked to provide just basic info like name, address, phone number, email address ...

Is this the standard interviewing and hiring process?

If it’s legit I am accepting their offer.

Interview Questions

• What does Privacy and Professional Standards mean to me?   Answer Question

TBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The staff recruiter was good. Leaders stale (minus CEO). Not a good vibe there and learned there is high turnover. My gut was saying stay away.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Irving, TX (US)).

Interview

Very informal group setting with minimal technical questions. Interview process somehow completed with me as the only viable candidate. Tight job market, I guess. I got my requested salary, too.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.