Hays Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Hays

3.1

Recuritment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

it was a thorough process with about 6 interviews in total including a half-day group interview/workshop style. there was a good pace for the interview process end to end. very informative. professional.

Interview Questions

• what sales process would I use? how would I construct feedback, map a market?   1 Answer

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2020.

Interview

I receive a phone call interview. They will ask you common interview question It’s not that hard to answer the questions. After the phone call I received email to accept or decline contract and they did background checks it took almost 2 weeks in hiring process after the call. Since it was just a three months contract job that’s why the hiring process didn’t took long

Recruitment Resourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hays (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen. After that they invited me into the office for a face to face interview where I met my manager and a colleague who I am not working with.

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2018.

Interview

First you have a phone call asking in general questions about your current job

Then on clearing it you proceed to one on one interview , again here check if you know the core values and how you can provide examples from your life that portray those core values. (look at their website you will find them there)

If you clear all this then you proceed to Assessment center with say 6-10 ppl. Which has
    3 rounds - ( Only discussing this part below )
    Round 1 Presentation,
    Round 2 - 2 group role play
    Round 3 - 1 BDM call

Interview Questions

• Think about any topic that you are comfortable with and present on it for 2 mins   Answer Question
    • Role play - Meet the client and understand the role that is to be filled   1 Answer
    • Role play - Meet the candidate and understand the candidate   1 Answer
    • Role play - Now convince the client, the candidate is perfect   1 Answer
    • Role Play - BDM Call - A new company has moved in next door - try to get a meeting with them   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2018.

Interview

1) resume discussion
    2) behavioural questions against the values of the companies
    3) role play of a difficult client that was on the phone to you. you had to overcome objections. although there was no plan for you to win, they wanted to see what you would come up with on the spot

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were ambitious
      Tell me about a time when you were inquisitive and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2018.

Interview

Step 1: Phone Interview
    Step 2: In person interview including BD calls, role plays etc.
    Step 3: Assessment Centre - presentation of points of view, BD calls, role plays, write an advert for a job, assess a CV

Accounting and Finance Roles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hays (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2018.

Interview

Lady seemed very friendly and nice - said she would have plenty of jobs to offer me and would be in touch with several within the next few days. Two months later I'm still waiting to hear back from her. Don't promise things you cant give!!

Interview Questions

• Most difficult thing that has ever happened to me and how I dealt with it?   1 Answer

Internal Recruitment Consultant - Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

There was a phone screening and an in office interview, the next stage was an assessment centre. I was emailed a time to meet the hiring manager in the Sydney office,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hays?
      Tell me about a time when someone sold you something and what stood out about their sales pitch?
      Behavioural based questions   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was lengthy but great! Definitely gave you a 'decent' insight into the world of recruitment. Feedback was given at the end of every round and received a lot of support from the internal recruiter.

There are generally about 6 stages (you can google what specifically occurs):

1. Phone Interview - Simple questions
    2. Face to Face Interview with an Internal Recruiter - Do your research! Demonstrate how well you fit in with their values.
    3. Assessment Centre - 1 speech, 1 CV screening activity, 2 role-plays
    4. Interview with Managers (office you're working at) - Fairly simple, repeat of stage 2.
    5. Interview with Regional Director (your manager's boss) - Fairly simple, repeat of stages 2 & 4.
    6. Job Offer/Rejection

Interview Questions

• Why Hays? Why Recruitment? Challenges you see in this position? Etc.   Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a long chat with a recruitment consultant who thought I suited the role, then I spoke with the person who was in charge of the internal recruitment. After I was invited to an assessment day which was a great learning experience where I got to meet some of the directors of the branch.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.