Headspring Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 40 of over 40 interviews

Employee Referral11%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring (Washington, DC) in Jul 2021

Interview

Good dialogue regarding company culture and remote work environment. Expectations of the job were well defined as well as the entire interview process with the level of interviewers defined in detail.

Interview Questions
  • Why I was interested in changing my career path.
    1 Answer
  • Ability to travel on short notice.
  • The necessary amount of time to come up to speed with the Service and Solution Offerings.

Headspring

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Headspring in Apr 2021

Interview

Word of advice to anyone doing the interview take home packet. The directions make it sound like you need to keep it simple. That was not the case for me. I kept it simple and got judged poorly on it. Im not a fan of giving people what they ask for and them saying that is not what they asked for. So for me personally, I’m glad it ended there. I have worked for someone like that in the past and it was not fun. Nothing will ever be good enough. Do not make a single mistake they are expecting perfection. Which I can agree with. Did not get to talk with anyone. Be very careful when doing this and absolutely over think the problem if you want this job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech India

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterrey, Nuevo León

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring (Monterrey, Nuevo León) in Jul 2020

Interview

The overall process was very professional, and they honored their value of Honest Communication. The position was for their Mexico office (Monterrey), fully remote, and due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all the interview process was remote as well. They were very supportive through all the interview process, which made the experience quite pleasant and enjoyable. First, there was an initial screening interview with one of their technical recruiters to create an assessment of my technical profile, and to give an explanation of the company, its culture and core values. Then, they emailed a coding exercise that had to be solved in three days; the exercise was a variant of the classic FizzBuzz programming assignment. I sent them back the solution to the coding exercise, and a few days later they informed me my solution fared very well. Then a second interview followed with their technical staff, one of their principal and senior consultants interviewed me about my solution to analyze the reasoning behind my logic, the tradeoffs I made and how maintainable and extensible it was. Then a third interview followed for a behavioral screening with one of their directors and with the Mexico office manager. They told me I had a good performance through the process. A few days later they emailed me an offer of employment. The base salary they offered represented a raise of 25% of my current income, which was very good. I also liked their culture and core values, and overall I think Headspring and I were a very good match to do business and thrive. The problem was that they did not offer a full payroll scheme under the Mexican federal government law. This is a fiscal strategy some companies in Mexico use, but it has important drawbacks for the employees, like negative impacts on the disability income insurance, federal housing loans, and retirement savings. Another risk of the payroll scheme they offered is that the current Mexican federal administration is doing an effort to eliminate it and enforce companies to comply with a full payroll scheme, therefore nowadays fewer companies in Mexico use this fiscal strategy, and more companies are now offering good salaries and a full payroll scheme. Headspring vision is to be an elite consulting team, so they should live up to this claim by offering an elite payroll scheme in their Mexican branch.

Interview Questions
  • Which testing frameworks and unit testing tools have you used?
  • If you had to set up a testing project, which tools and framework would you use, and why?
  • Tell us about a challenging bug you had to troubleshoot and resolve in a production environment. How did you find it, reproduce it, resolve it, and deploy it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring (Austin, TX) in Feb 2020

Interview

Initial HR call, sales manger call, final in person interview. Final interview 3 hours long and 30 minute intervals of 2 person panels. May or may not require a presentation. Offer made on the spot at the final interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Headspring (Austin, TX) in Feb 2019

Interview

I applied through the headspring career site, one of the HR called for the initial phone screen and it went well. There were no technical questions and it was pretty much like HR round.

Interview Questions
  • Q1: On what projects did you work? Q2: What was the challenging Part in that project? Q3: What is that one thing you should improve on?

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring (Austin, TX) in Oct 2018

Interview

Pretty general phone screening, followed by a take-home variation of fizzbuzz. If you make it past that, you go in for a two-part final interview. First part is an hour of you demonstrating your fizz buzz solution in front of their engineering folks, and the second part is a personality/behavioral interview. This was followed by a brief office tour and an overview of their benefits programs.

Interview Questions
  • What was your favorite project that you've worked on?
1 person found this interview helpful

Headspring

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring in Oct 2018

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out a convenient time to set up an initial phone interview to discuss the job. The interview went extraordinarily well and I was then selected to move forward in the interview process and they sent me a code problem and a questionnaire to fill out and to be sent back within three days. I completed the assignment and felt I went above and beyond what they were looking for. I was then sent a generic email from a server which told me they decided to not move forward with me in the Interview Process. I reached out to the recruiter and asked for feedback since I wanted to learn from this experience. I was told my code was "out of the scope" of what the code reviewer was looking for and he didn't "like the terminal output colors that I chose" and felt I "didn't have meaningful method names". The recruiter was excellent from start to finish and I felt valued. However, the person that reviewed my code strikes me as someone who is very nit-picky and narrow-minded. As a word of advice, I would suggest that you be aware of the fact that they have a model solution in their mind, and if you go outside that box, then you might not meet their criteria for hire.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterrey, Nuevo León

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring (Monterrey, Nuevo León) in Mar 2018

Interview

Fast and simple process, recruiter contacted me in Linkedin, then we had a phone call where she gave me all the information about the company, the leaders, the projects and the benefits (none).

Interview Questions
  • FizzBuzz – The Basics Regular fizzbuzz output is typically described as “Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of 3, print “Fizz” instead of the number. For multiples of 5, print “Buzz”. For Multiples of 3 and 5, print “FizzBuzz”. Typical fizzbuzz output looks like: 1 2 Fizz 4 Buzz … 88 89 FizzBuzz 91 …. Super FizzBuzz - Requirements 1. Develop a class library called SuperFizzBuzz that can do the following: • Can produce fizzbuzz output for a user-supplied range of numbers – e.g., from 2 to 35, or from 1 to 1,000,000,000, or from -1 to -35, etc. • Can produce output for a user supplied set of integers, even if they’re not sequential. • Can generate tokens other than “Fizz” and “Buzz” and can evaluate division by numbers other than 3 and 5. Maybe a user wants to test division by 4, 13, and 9, and output “Frog”, “Duck,” and “Chicken” for them (e.g., in this case, 52 would ouput “FrogDuck”, 36 would output “FrogChicken”, 468 would output “FrogDuckChicken”, etc.) 2. Write a console application, using your SuperFizzBuzz class, to solve the classic FizzBuzz problem as described above in “The Basics”. 3. Write a second console application demonstrating advanced usage of SuperFizzBuzz that performs the following: a. Print the numbers from -12 through 145. b. For multiples of 3, print “Fizz” c. For Multiples of 7, print “Buzz” d. For Multiples of 38, print “Bazz” e. Print the appropriate combination of tokens for any number that matches more than one of those rules

Headspring

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter and then another with a team member. I was given a hypothetical client/project to create an analysis presentation for and a week to complete. I was given a fictional customer contact to reach out to by email to follow up with questions. I came in and presented to two team members who had a Q&A session afterward. I was brought back for an in person meeting with members from leadership and then given an offer by phone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring (Austin, TX) in Mar 2017

Interview

Pretty standard fare. Started with a phone screening with the HR/Office Manager. Then proceeded to a phone interview with the Lead PM. After that, I was given a skills task where I had to create a project plan slide deck and presentation for a pretend client. I was given a week to prepare - very reasonable. Onsite interview started ~20 minutes late; it's an agency, stuff happens. I was scheduled to do my presentation first to three PMs, then have regular interviews with two more groups of three different employees. Whole process would have taken ~2.5 hours. At the time, I thought I did better than I anticipated with the presentation, but since then I got my PMI-ACP cert and I can see a lot of holes in it. Which brings me to the point in the interview I thought was rather cheeky. After my presentation and very reasonable interview questions, the group said their pleasantries and went to get the second group. I waited for a few minutes, then the lead PM came back, by himself, and said there was some sort of emergency with one of their clients and that the interview had to be cut short. He assured me that I would be contacted in a couple of days to schedule phone interviews with the rest of the team, said some pleasantries, and escorted me out. Two days later, I still heard nothing, so I emailed to find out if the phone interviews were to happen soon? A few hours later, the lead PM called me and said that they were going to pursue other candidates. Okay, that's perfectly reasonable. What left me with a sour taste, however, was the apparent ruse with the "emergency client scenario." If they did not think I was a good fit, I should have been told while I was at the onsite, rather than string me along with a perceived ruse. Would have I been contacted had I not emailed them after a couple of days? I would imagine, no, hoping that I would have just faded away. At least this is the perception I got after the whole scenario played out. Not good form. The people I met were smart and nice, except for the end shenanigans part. Because of this, even as my skill-sets grow, I would not consider applying to this company in the future. If they are willing to play these games with potential candidates, what are they willing to play with its employees?

Interview Questions
  • What are the budgetary requirements for this project plan you are presenting?
3 people found this interview helpful