Headspring Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Headspring Interview Questions

Interviews at Headspring

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial HR call, sales manger call, final in person interview. Final interview 3 hours long and 30 minute intervals of 2 person panels. May or may not require a presentation. Offer made on the spot at the final interview.

Interview Questions

Headspring Response

17 Aug 2020 – EVP, Operations

Thanks for your feedback. We're really glad you had a positive experience working through the process with us, and we wish you continued success in your career!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Headspring (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

One phone screen from recent resume. Note: I have referenced and verifiable 19 years experience in .Net in all areas. I was told after an HR phone screen that I did not have enough experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions you would expect   1 Answer

1 Mar 2019 – EVP, Operations

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. We strive to give everyone who interviews with us a great experience, regardless of whether they move forward in the process, and to make sure when we do bring people in to the organization that we're setting them up for success from day one. We wish you luck and success in your continued job search. Consider re-applying with us in the future if you think your total experience and consultative skills are better aligned with our hiring needs down the road.

Software Engineer - Career Start Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Headspring (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied through the headspring career site, one of the HR called for the initial phone screen and it went well. There were no technical questions and it was pretty much like HR round.

Interview Questions

• Q1: On what projects did you work?
      Q2: What was the challenging Part in that project?
      Q3: What is that one thing you should improve on?   Answer Question

21 May 2019 – EVP, Operations

Thanks for your notes! I hope you'll consider re-applying with us in the future.

Software Engineer - CareerStart Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Pretty general phone screening, followed by a take-home variation of fizzbuzz. If you make it past that, you go in for a two-part final interview. First part is an hour of you demonstrating your fizz buzz solution in front of their engineering folks, and the second part is a personality/behavioral interview. This was followed by a brief office tour and an overview of their benefits programs.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite project that you've worked on?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out a convenient time to set up an initial phone interview to discuss the job. The interview went extraordinarily well and I was then selected to move forward in the interview process and they sent me a code problem and a questionnaire to fill out and to be sent back within three days. I completed the assignment and felt I went above and beyond what they were looking for.

I was then sent a generic email from a server which told me they decided to not move forward with me in the Interview Process. I reached out to the recruiter and asked for feedback since I wanted to learn from this experience. I was told my code was "out of the scope" of what the code reviewer was looking for and he didn't "like the terminal output colors that I chose" and felt I "didn't have meaningful method names".

The recruiter was excellent from start to finish and I felt valued. However, the person that reviewed my code strikes me as someone who is very nit-picky and narrow-minded.

As a word of advice, I would suggest that you be aware of the fact that they have a model solution in their mind, and if you go outside that box, then you might not meet their criteria for hire.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the most challenging part of a project for you?   Answer Question
    • Q: What is the most exciting part of a project for you?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell us more about [X, Y, Z] projects you worked on.   Answer Question

22 Oct 2018 – EVP, Operations

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that our recruiting team kept you informed and engaged during the interview process and you felt valued throughout, even if it didn't result in an offer. We always try to provide feedback on opportunities to learn and grow when candidates ask for it, and I'm glad you received that feedback. One of our Principal Consultants personally reads and reviews every applicant for our CareerStart program, and as you noted we do have a rigorous evaluation process. We've seen a lot of different approaches to this assignment over the years, and hired quite a few of people who took a unique or counter-intuitive approach to developing it. Our primary focus in the coding exercise is on evaluating familiarity with data structures, memory management, approach to naming and commenting, delivering the requirements before adding on, approach to testing, and a bias towards the simplest thing that works. We wish you the best of luck in your continued job search, and I'd encourage you to consider re-applying with us in the spring for our July 2019 CareerStart cohort.

Senior Con Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter and then another with a team member. I was given a hypothetical client/project to create an analysis presentation for and a week to complete. I was given a fictional customer contact to reach out to by email to follow up with questions. I came in and presented to two team members who had a Q&A session afterward. I was brought back for an in person meeting with members from leadership and then given an offer by phone.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Headspring (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard fare. Started with a phone screening with the HR/Office Manager. Then proceeded to a phone interview with the Lead PM. After that, I was given a skills task where I had to create a project plan slide deck and presentation for a pretend client. I was given a week to prepare - very reasonable.

Onsite interview started ~20 minutes late; it's an agency, stuff happens. I was scheduled to do my presentation first to three PMs, then have regular interviews with two more groups of three different employees. Whole process would have taken ~2.5 hours. At the time, I thought I did better than I anticipated with the presentation, but since then I got my PMI-ACP cert and I can see a lot of holes in it. Which brings me to the point in the interview I thought was rather cheeky.

After my presentation and very reasonable interview questions, the group said their pleasantries and went to get the second group. I waited for a few minutes, then the lead PM came back, by himself, and said there was some sort of emergency with one of their clients and that the interview had to be cut short. He assured me that I would be contacted in a couple of days to schedule phone interviews with the rest of the team, said some pleasantries, and escorted me out. Two days later, I still heard nothing, so I emailed to find out if the phone interviews were to happen soon? A few hours later, the lead PM called me and said that they were going to pursue other candidates. Okay, that's perfectly reasonable.

What left me with a sour taste, however, was the apparent ruse with the "emergency client scenario." If they did not think I was a good fit, I should have been told while I was at the onsite, rather than string me along with a perceived ruse. Would have I been contacted had I not emailed them after a couple of days? I would imagine, no, hoping that I would have just faded away. At least this is the perception I got after the whole scenario played out. Not good form.

The people I met were smart and nice, except for the end shenanigans part. Because of this, even as my skill-sets grow, I would not consider applying to this company in the future. If they are willing to play these games with potential candidates, what are they willing to play with its employees?

Interview Questions

• What are the budgetary requirements for this project plan you are presenting?   Answer Question

27 Mar 2017 – VP of Talent

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves at Headspring on aligning our recruiting and candidate interview process with our core values, and it's clear we dropped the ball on that during your interview. We don't believe in wasting peoples' time, and our goal is to start interviews on time. And we agree with you - even when an interview isn't going well, or it's clear there's not a good mutual fit, every candidate deserves to be treated with respect, humility, and candor. We take feedback on our interview process seriously, and I want you to know that we're reviewing this with our recruiting team, to raise the bar on our internal training, and to root out all the possible opportunities to better live out our brand promise and core values during the process, for all our candidates. We want every candidate, whether they get an offer from us or not, to be able to say they had a positive experience interviewing with us, and be able to recommend others to apply as well. Hopefully in the future, your career goals and our needs will be better matched up, and maybe you'll consider applying again. Thank you, Ericka Tate, VP of Talent

Project Director Interview

Application

Interview

Submitted application online. Contacted by recruiting coordinator to schedule phone screen. It took us a couple weeks to get our calendars aligned. 30 minute phone screen with VP of Talent. Next steps?

SDR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Headspring.

Interview

You send someone to take a questionnaire but then if they don't take it immediately you are not moving forward in the interview process.. did it occur to you that people may be busy during the work week? Why a time limit on a questionnaire.. horrid process

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Headspring.

Interview

I received an email from their HR to setup the initial HR call (get to know and go over basics). Next call was with PM and Director to go over things on my resume for 30-40 minutes and then was given a project to work on (around 15 mins to discuss it).

Project was basically to prepare a project plan with goals, high level tasks, time/budget estimate, risks, etc. They expect to be questioned on the initial requirements while we work on the project.

Next call was to go through what I had prepared and present it to Headspring as if I am Headspring PM and they are a prospective client. They try to grill you on various aspects of project plan and we are expected to convince them and win their business. I believe I did a good job during the call and received HR's call right after with positive feedback. However, things changed on their end and they couldn't move forward in the end.

I believe I had aced all discussions and enjoyed the interview process. But, it would have been better if they had their job requirements set before the process begun.

Interview Questions

• Your favorite core value out of company's core values?   Answer Question
    • Project plan (as mentioned under derails).   Answer Question
    • Your background related, PM methods/techniques, standard interview questions for PM.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.