HealthTap Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

HealthTap Data Scientist Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

This is a warning.

Healthtap will send you a job description that is a data scientist, but then, once you meet them, they disclose that they don't actually want a data scientist. What they want is a data engineer: someone who can combine data from multiple databases, generate reports on their conversion funnel, and serve as an organization-wide ad hoc reporting resource. They claimed this role may evolve into a data science position, but given their lack of honesty to this point, I'd discount any claims they make. While it's nice they choose to eventually be honest, their job ad is actively deceptive.

Further, if you do some reading deeper into the reviews here, they have a horrid rating covered up with what appears to be a lot of fake reviews. To see the truth, go to the earliest reviews and read in that order; you'll find reviews like the one on glassdoor titled "Be weary of reviews that sound like PR releases " instead of uniformly glowing 4/5 star fakes. Or google the ceo Ron Gutman's previous company Wellsphere, and you'll find similar stuff: blowing through engineers like kleenex, required work on weekends, entire development teams quitting en masse, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HealthTap

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HealthTap (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

The CTO liked an web app I'd developed and invited me to interview. I scheduled a time with an admin there and showed up.

The interview process made them seem desperate. The first half wasn't really focused on me at all. Instead, he was basically trying to sell me on the fact that the role would involve a lot of boring, tedious work at first. He also kept bringing up R. I don't have any R experience, I described how I had experience with similar tools and that I could learn. But then he kept going back to R. It wasn't in my resume at all, so I'm not really sure what he wanted from me.

The second half was more technical. I was asked how I'd do something in SQL. There were a couple different ways to do it, and I described them. I was also asked a brain teaser question that I eventually worked out.

I never heard back after that.

Interview Questions

• There are 25 horses. You can race any 5 of them at once, and all you get is the order they finished. How many races would you need to find the 3 fastest horses?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.