Herbert Smith Freehills Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Herbert Smith Freehills Interview Questions

Interviews at Herbert Smith Freehills

HR Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through the company website and heard back within a week. From here there was a phone screening and I was asked to come into the office for an interview. At the end of the interview I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week / early next week. After about two weeks and no word, I reached out and was told the process was delayed and that I would hear about next steps by the end of the month. Two months later, still have not heard anything and have accepted another offer. Very unprofessional to not communicate about the process and leave candidates hanging.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to get into HR?
      2) How do you handle stress?
      3)What are three traits you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills in September 2014.

Interview

I am an experienced hire from an in-house position, didn't have any big law job before. Introduced by a recruiter and interviewed with 3 partners (3 rounds of interviews and 1 round writing test). The interview arrangement was smooth and efficient, and the interviewers are very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave in-house position and go to a law firm. People normally go on an opposite track...   1 Answer

Legal Analyst Interview

Interview

Technical Testing was done from home. Fairly difficult test on privileged documents. Given 2 hours which I found was fairly generous. Pre reading was provided for some preparation and 2 examples were also given. The test was done online so there was some amount of flicking between reading material and answer sheet.

Clerkship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills.

Interview

Casual chat with partner - at their Sydney Office - about 10 students interviewed at the same time (but each with different Partner) - casual chat, quite chill - strangely no HR person there at the interview

Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

There were 7 of us at the assessment centre. The day consisted of three parts.
    1. Competency interview - conversational with a senior associate, lasts for about 50 minutes; questions asked: Why law? Why commercial law at HSF? Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. When did you successfully cooperate in a team? What were some challenges in the process?
    2. Case study + presentation: You get around 10-15 pages of information about a legal problem. This was the most difficult part - requires you to quickly analyze information, focus on details and offer recommendations; Structure is key; Partner asked me difficult and challenging questions - retain your composure but don't offer any incorrect advice
    3. Scenario-based interview: You are supposed to take notes while a partner tells you about a case he was working on. This was really conversational; be prepared to be challenged and ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face when you worked in a team?   Answer Question

Summer Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Competency,Case study and Scenario interview. All of these interviews were with a partner in the London office. I was struck by how disorganized the process was. The case study was a non legal commercial case study.

Summer Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2020.

Interview

Submitted application form online. After passing the online assessment, I was invited to an interview with 2 counsels and the HR. The first 30 minutes was in English and the next 15 min was in Mandarin. Although the invitation said the interview was "competency-based" some technical questions would be asked, the majority of the questions I got were on technical knowledge. They would ask follow up questions so make sure you are familiar with your arguments. When they ask you about your favourite law module, don't say a course with which you are not familiar. Don't trap yourself.

Practice Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2020.

Interview

Had 1 formal interview followed by a coffee with 2 members in the team
    The interviewer had about 3 or 4 pages of questions which required you to provide examples based on your own experience
    Coffee was quite informal, just got to know more about the role

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you found errors in your/ your Managers work? What did you do to ensure this never happened again? Or tell me about a time you were confused by a request and what you did to clarify?   Answer Question

Vacation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

Half day assessment centre with competency, scenario, and case study components. Very friendly interviewers and overall an interesting day. Was with 7 other candidates, and they said they hypothetically had space for all of us.

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Herbert Smith Freehills (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

Not too tiring, comprehensive, clear questions, main supervisors interviewed me, not too long, afternoon time, straightforward, skills reviewed, intelligent questions, nice environment, pleasant and polite conversation, welcoming environment, impressive environment

Interview Questions

• How I would manage difficult situations   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.