Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Bengaluru) in September 2019.

Interview

The hiring process was very lengthy - 6 rounds in total.

The first round was a Group Discussion - although named so, it was more of a direct speaking test where they check your fluency and how well you speak.

The second round was an Aptitude test - this consisted of 60 questions to be answered in 75 minutes. 15 questions in mental aptitude, 15 in verbal ability and 30 in technical knowledge. The topics consisted of OS, SAN and Networks.

The third round was a technical interview - the interviewer asked me questions on Network protocols and topologies and some questions about servers.

The fourth round was by far the most interesting round - a teachback session. They gave us a presentation on storage architecture and we were asked to reproduce the presentation to a panelist.

The fifth round was a managerial/operations interview - interviewers asked us why we want the job and why we would be okay with a job without any technical work.

The final round was a HR interview - a little more relaxed with some personal questions about interests and easy going just to finish the process.

The entire process took 2 days and each day had 3 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Explain the different types of network topologies   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Plano, TX (US)).

Interview

Multiple calls by managers, engineers. Hiring manager didn't seem to have control over pay and HR was iffy on paying market value. Overall a pretty good experience. The people were friendly but were definitely interested in gauging my experience. There were behavioral questions as well as technical questions. Many of the technical questions were unrelated to the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you overcame adversity to finish a project on time   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

30 minute interview through Zoom. I met with two associates from two different divisions. Only one asked questions , the other observed. It was mostly behavioral questions, nothing about skills. Conversational but challenging.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

The first interview consisted of talking to a member of HR and doing basic behavioral questions and going over my resume. Had a follow-up interview with the project manager and talked more about my previous work experiences and school projects.

Integrated Fabric Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Roseville, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

It was a group panel that was an hour long over zoom. They asked technical questions about my projects on my resume. Halfway through the interview, I was asked to write code using the language of my choice.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out via email then we set up an initial phone screening. We set up a time to speak and she called me 30 minutes late and I had to reschedule because the phone call was then conflicting with my schedule since she called me late. Then, we rescheduled and she called me late again but this time a whole hour late. She briefly apologized and we continued with the phone call but I had a bad first impression. After our conversation, she proceeded to tell me I would hear back from someone in 2-3 weeks and I never heard anything at all even after following up multiple times. Worst interview experience I have ever had.

Marketing Content Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The process was very swift. I applied and then was contacted by HR within two days and I was giving an interview date. My interview took place via Skype and the person that interviewed me was very easy to talk and welcoming. Had two more interviews with one other person and was given an offer within two weeks of the whole process.

SAP IT Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

3 rounds of technical with several team members, director & VP.

The recruiter was about to extend the offer on Monday, the position went on hold on Tuesday (in May 2020). I have seen other SAP-related roles posted by the company after this but this role is still in hold.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied through the website, was later contacted by a recruiter for a quick phone call, was asked to type and answer questions prior to speaking to the manager twice, because she had “accidentally” sent me the wrong set of questions.
    Later interviewed with the manager and never heard back. Reached out to the manager and recruiter separately two weeks later and never responded.

This is the second time I have interviewed with HPE and both times I have been ignored after the interview with the manager. This seems to be very common with HPE and I find it very surprising such good company would allow their outsourced recruiting company “Korn Ferry” to treat potential prospects like that.

Intern Marketing Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule the first round of interview with the hiring manager within 24 hrs. The interview with the hiring manager was smooth with mostly behavioral questions. But the recruiting team took 3 weeks to get back to give an update on an interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE.

Interview

I received a phone call from a lady asking if I was still open to working for HPE and had an initial screening with her. The next day I received an email from the recruiter whose department I was going to be working in. She asked me for availability and a sample of work that I had done, for example, a flyer, PowerPoint, or a writing piece. I promptly sent her an email back with my availability and work. For a whole week, I did not receive any correspondence from her. I emailed her asking for a follow-up while also I contacted the lady who had done the phone screening. After waiting seven days and two days before our supposed interview, the recruiter finally replied to my email. She said that she had found out last week that they decided to another location and that she would reach out to me if they decided to have an internship at the location I had applied to.

As someone who is in college looking for opportunities for the summer and who is an HR major, I am distraught by the way that their HR department has handled this situation. The lack of professionalism that they have shown in the three times that I have had some correspondence with them shows me that they have a long way to go in terms of development. Something like the location of the internship is decided when you initially come up with a job description and qualifications. I would never want to work for a company and people like this. To new interns or people applying to this place, please be careful and don't get your hopes up when they call you asking for an interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.