Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Hilton

1,104 Interview Reviews

2.6

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

The interview process went over well the manager was friendly and went over the role well. I felt comfortable and ready to take on the tasks. I did not find it to be too difficult.

SPA Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

multiple interviews, multiple questions, phone calls multiple times, in person multiple times, and with corporate and owners. Overall it was a bit long but easy enough, normal for any position of this type.

Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First you will be contacted by either an HR rep or Recruiter. You will most likely be asked to complete a video interview which they provide a link for. If successful you will be called in for a in-person interview. Depending on team members schedule you will have multiple interviews in which you can either complete in a day or over a couple of weeks. You will interview with the head of HR, followed by the senior team members of the department your applying for as well as the director. After that you will have an interview with both the RM and GM.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you experienced a difficult situation at work and how did you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

easy interview, personality is more important than experinence, there were a lot of questions from situations, and they ask you what you expect from working for hilton and a big company

Pastry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

First there was a scheduled phone interview You had to get through and, if they were satisfied with your answers, you were scheduled for a face to face with the chef. During the phone interview you were told what the position paid right off the bat. I was asked what I knew about the company and about that location in particular. I was also given a tour of the kitchen which was surprisingly small given the enormous volume it services.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton (Edgewater, NJ (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Interviewer called me at 9am on a Sunday which I thought odd but let it go. I left a voicemail that following Monday and didn’t get a call back until Friday which is still reasonable. We agreed on an interview date and time. When I arrived, Interviewer had me waiting for an hour past interview time. She apologized joking she needed more help and this the position. Completely unprofessional. When she finally came she brought me to her office and asked me to fill out a paper employment application before we began. The application asked if I had ever been convicted of a crime. I haven’t but this question is illegal to ask before an offer which was another red flag. When we interviewed it was clear that she didn’t even review my resume before and I was clearly overqualified. I wouldn’t have been interested either way due to all the practices above but I was very disappointed to waste hours of my day.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

I interviewed twice on a walk-in and pulse and was hired that same day met with HR the following day and started work the next week. Orientation shortly followed. The bad thing about the interviews I never actually interviewed with the restaurant manager, only a contractor that was filling in.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Portsmouth, VA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied on the website and I had a virtual interview. A few weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter. I had a telephone interview that was really easy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton.

Interview

Very casual, went for coffee at one of their property restaurants with Teo of their sales managers. They were looking for someone upbeat who could keep up with a fast paced job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do? Why would you like to work here?   Answer Question

Ageism (Yes, They're Guilty) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hilton in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Takes forever to go through their process (even without an offer).

Basically, if you are over 40 and don't have an exec referral, don't bother with this place. They are not so much interested in your experience as they are projecting a youthful image.

There is a word for this, of course, ageism.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.