Hitachi Capital (UK) Interview Questions

Updated 14 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 14 interviews

Interviews at Hitachi Capital (UK)

Positive64%
Negative21%
Neutral14%
Recruitment Agency67%
Applied online25%
Recruiter8%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Capital (UK)

Hitachi Capital (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK)

Interview

I was put forward for the role by a recruitment agency. A two stage interview process followed. The first round was with the line manager and a member of the team. The second stage was with the line manager and the head of department.

Interview Questions
  • First stage focussed on my background, experience and fit for the role. Second stage, I was asked questions linked to the Hitachi Capital's values - harmony, sincerity and pioneering spirit. There was also a series of competency based questions.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Newbury, England, England) in Dec 2019

Interview

Telephone interviewer was very nice. Asked about what experience I had in customer service, mainly a 20 min chat before being advised I was being put through for second interview. Advised second interview would be around the company values and a role play. I received the second interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • Interviewed by 2 people Some questions were : What is the largest and smallest team you have worked in, What is your communication style What do you know about the role you are applying for. I had researched and had examples ready of what I had achieved around their company values, however I was not asked for any of these. Interview lasted an hour. Did not have the role play as suggested. Was advised I would hear in a few days but that was over a month ago and have heard nothing. I appreciate I didn't get the position as they re advertised it, but a decline email would have been polite. Thankfully I received a better offer from another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Leeds, England, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

Initial phone interview asking about previous role and experience followed by invite to face to face interview. Face to face with 2 devs, v nice people. Went through competency questions around company values but they weren't really interested in that and quickly moved onto technical questions and I had to show some code that I had done in my own time. Discussed that and then interview was over. bout 70mins. Didn't get an offer but had strange feedback that it "felt like i was pre prepared"? Who doesn't prepare for an interview?!

Interview Questions
  • Describe your development process

Hitachi Capital (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK)

Interview

Very easy going, friendly conversation which made it flow nicely. Not very structured which was pleasant! Gave me the opportunity to talk freely and express my experience with ought necessarily having all the competency questions.

Interview Questions
  • Have I ever worked with anyone I didn’t get on with
3 people found this interview helpful

Hitachi Capital (UK)

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) in Apr 2018

Interview

It was a two-stage interview process that was suitably challenging for the role I was going for. Everyone was really warm and friendly and I was made to feel welcome from the moment I walked through the door.

Interview Questions
  • What is your understanding of the role you've applied for?

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Staines, England, England) in Oct 2017

Interview

quite informal, more of a chat than an interview. Hitachi Capital employ people, people can be trained, so the interview is more about the person than their experience and qualifications. I cam away thinking that I didn't get to tell them about all my achievements and strengths. I still got offered the job!

Interview Questions
  • no specific questions, a chat about you

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Newbury, England, England) in May 2017

Interview

Very 'chilled out' approach to interviewing which is very welcome. Consistent interviewing method. Extremely thorough set of questions that really get to know you and what you can do. Touching in the above, the company has 7 or 8 overriding question arches with a further set of questions within, this enables the interviewers to tailor the interview for the candidate. The interview is well spaced out for time to ensure that you have plenty of time for questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us one time you have had to deal with conflict within a team and how did you resolve it?
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Leeds, England, England) in Jan 2017

Interview

First I got a programming exercise and then an interviews with some managers. They ask you to develop a small library using TDD, the coding interview lasted 1 hr, and you go it with 3 different programmers.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Leeds, England, England) in Aug 2016

Interview

3 20 minutes technical pairing exercises; each one taking place with different senior developers covering a single topic. 60 mins CV and technical interview with development manager and another technical lead

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Hitachi Capital (UK) (Newbury, England, England) in Jul 2016

Interview

I was contacted by an agent and had an initial telephone conversation with them. I then was invited for a face to face interview with the Director of the department and an HR person. Interview went very well and questions were competency based. I then was invited for a second interview with the Manager of the department for more competency based questions but also questions around Hitachi values. Also very positive feeling. Unfortunately the company did not do an offer in the end and hired someone internally.

Interview Questions
  • competency based questions and company values based questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews