Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 26 Feb 2019

2.9

Sort:

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

A group of applicants came in at the same time for interviews and information about the company. After viewing an information session about the company, we rotated through a series of interviews. There was a behavioral, technical, and general interview.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the consulting industry?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for your first semester as a college freshman?   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

The poeple at the office was super friendly, it was the most impressive office environment I had ever been, I remember when I was sitting at the lobby waiting for my turn, there were at least 5 or 6 employers walking by and warmly asked if I 've been helped. in most of other intervews that i had been, you silent , indifferent eyes contact, not in that particular office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not too difficult , th eprocess took a bit longer than expected

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

The company contacted me for a first-round interview, and was very flexible when I asked to reschedule the initial set time. The consultant who interviewed me was very friendly, and all the questions were behavioral - no case interviews at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Received an offer from a more prestigious company

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

I had a non-technical phone interview first. Then a few days later, they offered me an onsite interview which consists 5 one on one interviews at different offices. I spend about half an hour on each one of those interviews.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially contacted for phone interview within a couple of days with HR. The phone interview was set up within another few days and went fine. After an additional couple of weeks, I received an email from HR that I was being forwarded to another individual in HR to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. I received the email with the interview schedule and info 15 minutes before the actual interview time. When I contacted HR, there seemed to be confusion and the attitude it was my fault. Needless to say the interview had to be re-scheduled.

At the interview with the hiring manager, it soon became clear that it wasn't a standard accounting role, even though the majority of the job description described fixed asset accounting depreciation, GL entries, sales/property taxes, internal and external financial statements and analysis, accruals, account reconciliations, etc. Actually, the majority of this position is doing SQL and Access database building and manipulation, something only mentioned in two short sentences towards the end of the 2 1/2 page job description.

It would have been nice to have an accurate job description up front in the job ad. As it was, it was a waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• How much SQL experience have you had? How much database manipulation experience have you had?   Answer Question

SharePoint Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

The Houston recruiting staff is the stuff of punchlines.

Interview Questions

• File extension to SharePoint farm backup files.   1 Answer

SharePoint Consultant Interview

Interview

1) I was invited by a recruiter to apply for a SharePoint consultant position based on their Dallas office.
    2) I had one technical interview with a "Senior Architect", I was really surprised that some of the questions... were based on wrong technical decisions!!.
    3) I had one interview with a manager.
    4) Their recruiter called me to notify me that they will move with an offer after the onsite interview.
    4) Onsite interview: They made me go to a coffee shop because they couldn't meet me at their office... first i was interviewed by a VP who was on the customer site...during one hour.. then by a director... it was very awkard that during the interview one of their clients entered the coffee shop and we had to move to a different table...

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied via online site for an excellent position (would have been an upward move in my firm). Spoke to internal recruiter, followed standard protocol/process, and moved quickly through the evaluation. Skills and experiences lined up with requirements, so it was more of a personality vetting rather than a normal consultant-track skill evaluation.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background with CRM, ERP, and portals/document management.   Answer Question
    • What sales and consulting processes (methologies) have you used?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited - this was due to a fair offer in the middle of compensation range (what I deserved).

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2009.

Interview

The company recruiter was very professional and put me at ease. He asked the usual questions to provide examples of where I had performed a similar job, but all in all it was a good conversation. When I was called back and told I was not moving forward in the process, the recruiter gave me positive feedback and made me feel respected and was appreciative for my time and participation.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific comes to mind- there were no trick questions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Costa Mesa, CA (US)) in May 2007.

Interview

I met with 3 Sr Managers and 2 Partners in a total of 4 meetings within one morning. There was no difficult questions, but we were both looking for a good fit. I may have been too specialized within the IT security field, and they were looking for an IT generalist to cross selling their services.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.