Hitachi Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 20 May 2019

2.7

Sort:

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi (Tokyo (Japan)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process started with online entry-sheet registration. Next, I participated in Job and Company introduction and had an entry interview. After passing the entry interview, they will allow you to choose 2 research fields to have the interviews. This called field matching interview with 2 rounds. The 1st field matching interview, you will be asked to summarise your background, research experiences. The 2nd field matching interview will be similar but at the research centre with working team.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work in Hitachi?
      - What you can do if you work at Hitachi?
      -   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi (Bengaluru) in April 2019.

Interview

Process took almost like 45 days... They are always late in taking and scheduling interview. No value for other time. I was waiting for hours between interviews. HR is unresposive never reply to any of your queries. Very unprofessional people even after 5 interviews they never came back... no even bother replying to your emails.

Interview Questions

• Good interview process consist of 4-5 discussions with good senior folks which include call with CTO IOT group. Mostly system design interview question. Machine learning model deployment platform questions...   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi.

Interview

It was an interview for new grads. It had 3 rounds, one HR and 2 technical interviews. HR interview mostly talks about why Hitachi, and skillsets. Technical interviews were conducted by senior researchers which mostly covered research discussions and personality.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness?
      What is the biggest challenge you faced?   Answer Question

Interview

Phone interview first and around two weeks later on site interview, purchasing manger, team members and two people from other teams. A week after on site got offer, enrolled two weeks later

Interview Questions

• Most resume related questions, how your background and prior working experience will contribute for the position and company, some behavior questions like what was your biggest failure and how you handled it and what did you learn from it, what do you do at your spare time.   Answer Question

Image Processing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hitachi (West Lafayette, IN (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Asked about related projects and deep learning, Initially, the recruiter will contact you, you briefly introduce yourself and projects, they they will move to technical interview with the person who will supervise you.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself. Coding skills, language used, how many years of working experience.
      How much do you know about deep learning in image processing, why should you get hired.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

I attended an assessment day at Hitachi's Maidenhead office. The day consisted of a mixture of group and individual tasks and an individual, there were also multiple opportunities to talk to staff and current interns. It was a good experience, the staff were all kind and happy to help out. The only negative was that after the day I was offered a further skype interview and organised for this to take place the following week, however, they then cancelled this a day or two later as they did not want to wait to choose a candidate.

AI Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I learned about Hitachi's internship program during a scientific company, where some recruiters were giving flyers about full-time and internship AI positions. I sent an e-mail with my cv and a recruiter told me my cv would be forwarded to relevant research teams.

Shortly after, I was contacted by a research team and scheduled an online interview. The interview consisted of a short presentation about my research to 5-6 researchers. Then, they presented their own research and described the project I would be working on. The project was clearly tailored to my research experience, which shows that they read my cv and offered me a project I would be interested in working on. I was questioned about how I would approach the project and if I would like to work in this project. In a couple of days I received a notification of the acceptance, and after some time an HR person approached me about the visa.

I had a very good impression from the interview but declined the offer because the salary was many times worse than of the other AI companies that gave me an offer.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Interview

Someone in the company reached out to me about this positioned. Applied and spoke to recruiter. Recruiter said I had too much experience and the range of pay was more than they were looking for but that she would ask the hiring manager and get back to me regardless. Nothing. After a week, I sent a follow up email. Again nothing. Poor representation of the company. Should not say you will get back to someone if you didn’t plan to. It takes only a few seconds to get back to someone.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi.

Interview

Just one interview directly with the research lab head. It was an hour long interview. They said they will get back to me in two weeks. but still have not heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Talked about research and time series. basic statistics questions and some open ended analytical questions   Answer Question

Relationship Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hitachi (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by HR in the beginning followed by the hiring manager. No out of the blue questions, very generic questions. Didn't have to prepare much as they were only looking for people to do data entry level work.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.