Hitachi Rail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Hitachi Rail Interview Questions

Interviews at Hitachi Rail

2.9

IT Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton Aycliffe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Rail (Newton Aycliffe, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied via jobsite, received call from agency saying that the company wanted a telephone interview with myself.

Telephone interview was essentially a rundown of my CV. Was asked questions on certain aspects of it along with how the skills I've picked up along the way will be relevant towards the role.

After this, got invited to group interview which consisted of about eight people all going for the same role that I applied for. The interview was to see how we all work as a group to attain a goal. In this case, the task was to finish a board game while performing certain team tasks (mainly calculation tasks).
    It was essentially done to see who stands out among the group and who doesn't.

After this got invited to a third interview. Was essentially the same as the telephone interview just in person. Going over my CV, giving examples of how skills I've picked up will help the company going forward. There was also a few standard HR questions littered in there as well.

Once this stage was done, was then informed I'd hear by the following week as to whether I had got the role. Week later received a call from the agency who said that the company had changed the role to a six month contract role instead of a permanent one that was originally advertised and asked if I'd still be interested. Told them no.

Was overall a waste of time for everyone involved. Baffled by the lack of professionalism that has been shown by changing the job role right at the end of interview process.

Interview Questions

• What hardware have you maintained over the past?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

The role was changed from a permanent role to a temporary six month contract right at the end of interview process. Wasn't the role that I applied for initially, so declined it

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi Rail in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online via website, received invite for written exams to be carried out onsite. Three exams carried out and had to wait for results. Phoned a couple weeks later with results then invited back for a 1:1 interview. Interview was fairly straight forward with some technical questions and some competency based questions. My overall experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time when your were faced with someone who had a negative attitude towards you or a level of aggression and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • can You give an example of when you couldn’t fulfil your duties and why?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Rail (Doncaster, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

you need a lot of knowledge in electrical, electronics and mechanical. I applied online then got a confirmation email for the time and date of the interviews. It was a very fast and great experience, its such a great environment to work in.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hitachi Rail (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

I went through three interviews for my role in total and had a really good experience, it took a few weeks to hear back and get the final response but the HR team had made me aware of this from the beginning so I knew what to expect. The team I met were really nice and answered all the questions I had, they also told me more about the global structure and future outlook for the business which was really valuable.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with colleagues Internationally where English may not be their first language?   Answer Question

Maintenance and Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doncaster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi Rail (Doncaster, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was straightforward with questions based upon the job description and upon the experience I had gained in my current and former roles and upon my ability to apply my experience to the role in question.

Interview Questions

• What was my understanding of the acronyms used in the job description.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holborn, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hitachi Rail (Holborn, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was quick and thorough, with the possibility to meet not only the manager but also other members of the team, as well as facilities in town. Had the chance to speak with the HR team in regards to questions as an employee.

Interview Questions

• Examples about how I managed difficult situations or stakeholders in the past   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton Aycliffe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hitachi Rail (Newton Aycliffe, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Assessment Day involving 10+ candidates not all for the same job, we were given multiple tasks to complete as a group. Also asked to do icebreaker - we were given questions i.e. if there was a movie about your life which actor would you hire for your character?

Interview Questions

• Working as a team to solve puzzles, looking at interactions.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hitachi Rail (Bengaluru) in January 2017.

Interview

Written test followed by Technical and HR Rounds.
    After few months process will start for filtering the candidates and selection process will last for two months. After that HR will call to explain all T&C.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Rail (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Don't Waste your time attending an interview with these muppets. Very unprofessional, rude and likely to fail at an attempt of a structured recruitment process if my experience is an example

They don't know what they are doing - good luck

I believe this hold exercise was a cheap way to help design the business by wasting time with experienced candidates and draining knowledge

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with rude and or aggressive suboniates ?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton Aycliffe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hitachi Rail (Newton Aycliffe, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted a CV/Cover letter online and quickly received an invite to an assessment centre. They review CV's using a combination of a piece of software and just looking for certain criteria, try to avoid the usual waffle, speak in facts and link everything to a working environment (advice given to me by HR). Assessment centre consisted of a combination of 3 jobs that were up for offer, there were 5 candidates for my particular job. Multiple team building exercises followed by a presentation/group discussion. Be yourself! Do not try to act how you think you should, be considerate, seek to include everyone else, if there is a team member who is more quiet, use this to your advantage and actively include them in the discussion. They presented the assessment centre in a way that you had to be yourself. I then got invited to a final interview where I needed to prepare a presentation. The questions they asked were not too far away from what I expected, they asked to explain certain parts of the presentation and asked me to demonstrate when I'd shown certain qualities. Using examples from a mixture of work, sport, family life got me the job. I try to avoid using examples from university or school, but if you're really pressed for an answer use it once or twice as a fall back.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to work with someone who you had a conflict with   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.