Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 482 of over 482 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Hobby Lobby

Application

I interviewed at Hobby Lobby

Interview

It was an easy and relaxed interview. I had some math questions on a test that I had to take, and it was probably one of my more enjoyable interviews.

Interview Questions
  • How does your previous work related experience relate to this situation?
    Answer Question

Hobby Lobby

Application

I interviewed at Hobby Lobby

Interview

Easy. Had to take a math test in order to pass though. This part is either pass fail. If one fails they are asked to leave. If pass then one fills out a ton of paper word and go through the manual.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hobby Lobby

Application

I interviewed at Hobby Lobby

Interview

It was long and drawn out. Too many hoops to jump thru just to get information about the job. 10 job references from current and past work relationships is not professional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hobby Lobby

Application

I interviewed at Hobby Lobby

Interview

For seasonal it's easy to apply. Filled out the form in-store and waited about 2 weeks. Got an interview, few questions, then got hired on the spot. Ended up staying as part-time with no additional process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hobby Lobby

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby in May 2022

Interview

Would not give an interview. My avaliblity was up for discussion, needed to be a face to face conversation (due to this would be my second job, and we could talk about flexablity and expectations). I am more that qualified for the position I applied for but was never given a formal interveiw.

Interview Questions
  • (When submitted application) I was asked: Why do you need a second job?

Hobby Lobby

Application

I interviewed at Hobby Lobby

Interview

The interview process was good but it was a long time ago so I don't remember as I am trying to access this website the the the the the the the the

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hobby Lobby

Application

I interviewed at Hobby Lobby

Interview

Interviews can happen on the spot with the store manager depending on availability so come interview ready and then you continue on to the math test. You may be hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Tallahassee, FL)

Interview

Interview process easy quick and fast. They are always looking for help. I had an interview one say then the next day I was hired and started that following week.

Interview Questions
  • HM: Ask about previous experience? What I looked forward to in a job?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Albuquerque, NM) in Feb 2022

Interview

I applied online and about a week later I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone screening. The recruiter was easy to talk to and kind of walked me through the next steps if I moved forward. I read some of the reviews on Glassdoor about the process but didn’t believe it until I went through it. They literally ask you if you would put your job before your family. Never in my 10 years of experience have I heard of such a question. The salary was good but then you break it down by the schedule you would be required to work and it’s not that great. You do 4 ten hour shifts and 1 open to close shift which would always be on a Saturday, which seems like it would not be fun seeing as the place is crazy on Saturdays every time I’ve walked in there. Say you pass the assessment and move on to the reference check. You have to get at least 7 people - 3 managers, 2 colleagues, and 2 subordinates - to fill one out through a link you send them. The questions on the form should definitely be updated to ask certain questions from the type of reference. Why would my subordinate know my greatest accomplishment with the company? Anyway, as if that’s not time consuming enough, you’re then asked to give a who/why/what/when/where/how on each of your references! After that (in my case) the recruiter flies down to do an in-person interview and store walk. Then you wait until they decide you’re the right fit. Then BC/DT/etc. It doesn’t seem like much at first, but then you go through it and you realize this is a lot of hoops to go through for a future of overworking in a 90s style retail environment. If it works for you, kuddos. But people that aren’t desperate and enjoy some type of work/life balance will agree it is not worth it. PS: you have to be willing to relocate, at least within your state, in order to get a store manager position.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe your management style? Would you put your work before your family? Would you be willing to relocate?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hobby Lobby (San Diego, CA) in Feb 2022

Interview

quick and easy interview. i was asked basic interview questions, nothing over the top. they want to know if you are prepared to work at the store. it was nothing stressful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 482 Interviews