Holland Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Holland Interview Questions

Interviews at Holland

1.9

Company Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holland.

Interview

Initial communication was a phone call. Questions were pretty standard. Requirements at that time were one hundred thousand miles and no accidents over the past five.

Negotiation

Union Scale

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland.

Interview

This company has an extreme lack of integrity in its hiring process. The process took over a month, over the course of which a background check, interview, driving test, and drug screen was completed. It was communicated that I passed each step along the way, and offer of employment was extended (including verbally and in writing via email) and accepted. A two week notice was left at current employer after accepting offer of employment with Holland. A few days later, a form email was sent from corporate basically saying "thanks for your application but we have decided to pursue other candidates whose background and experience more closely match our current needs". Upon inquiring with the local HR person about this email and offer status, I was told that "corporate" sometimes makes these decisions and this has happened before, and he no longer has the job offer. Pretty crappy to offer someone a position and then retract the offer after the person has already left their two week notice at their current employer. It's also pretty crappy and cowardly to just send a canned email (vs calling or sending a personal email) to tell someone they are no longer being considered after they were extended (and accepted) a job offer. This isn't how you treat candidates.

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland (Wheeling, IL (US)).

Interview

Filled out the job app. , then interview, back round check, driving test takes 4-8 weeks. really too long. Drug test. Standard questions, because of the driver shortage, if you're breathing, not a convicted felon, no DUI's, and a relatively clean driving record, you get the job.

City Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holland.

Interview

If you are breathing can pass the dot physical and drug test they will hire you. They have a high turn over rate and can't keep enough people to get the job done timely.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland in September 2014.

Interview

the interview was a normal one on one process with your typical interview questions. Hired on within a week if you accept the position. Requires a drug test for supervisors, and a DOT physical for dock/road employees.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland (Kansas City, KS (US)).

Interview

Phone Interview with Local Manager. Phone Interview with V.P. of Sales. Face to Face interview with Local Manager and Terminal Manager. They require a Meyer-Briggs Type Indicator test (personality psych test) which upper management finds to be a useful tool in hiring the right candidate. Assertive, aggressive, persuasive persons who are good listeners are their target candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer stood.

Linehaul Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holland in July 2007.

Interview

Very basic, the interview process was long and drawn out for no good reason. Apparently the Terminal Manager does not have the authority to make a hiring decision, so they must wait for the corporate office to make the decision on their behalf. I took the job when it was finally offered though I often wish I had not. The interview and hiring process was an indicator of things to come, I chose to ignore that.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, the interview was strictly conversational.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland in May 2019.

Interview

It was so lengthy, I ended up finding a new job. The process took over a month. It was an extremely long process for no reason. I would not recommend unless you want to waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself with the company long term?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland (Holland, MI (US)).

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick. I have been through jobs with 5 interviews and rejected, and this place had an offer in writing on the very first interview.

There was no technical assessment, which proved to a mistake for the employer as they got a mismatch of skills. They eventually let me go after just 4 weeks.

If you have the chance to interview with them, make sure YOU interview them so that you don't end up like myself. Our team had a high turnover rate and I attribute it to their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager and other team member interviewed me and they wanted to know my work history and academic history. They wanted to give me an offer on the first interview so they went ahead and set me up with HR the same day for a STAR-based interview.

A lot of normal STAR questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay enough to make you pretty much say, "not bad". The vacation time is accrued and there is no negotiation the HR department sets that. No 401k matching (company wide policy).

There was a 43 hour mandatory work week that was not made clear during the interview. I would try and run that by them and ask them to clarify and try and negotiate it back down to a 40 hour workweek (citing work/life balance or you have kids or something)

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland.

Interview

Based off the S.T.A.R. method of interviewing. Pretty simple.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.