Honeywell Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Honeywell Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Honeywell

2.8

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter. Then a test online and last they set me up for a 'hackathon' on a Saturday Morning at 7:00am.

I walked in, greeted and sat at a table by myself (instead of pair like it was intended). No one was able to think... 'oh, let's put him with a pair' and problem solved. No. They sat me down with one of the Honeywell current developers in her very early 20s. (keep this in mind, it is important).

They handed me a sheet of paper with a problem. I was supposed to solve this in one hour I believe and more importantly they will be assessing your interaction with your pair, team work, etc. But, I was by myself... sorry, not true; my pair was a 'human' robot that uttered 20 sentences during the whole process. I feel bad for her to some extent because she was supposed to brainstorm with me the solution. Obviously she knows the solution therefore she was timid on her answers because she didn't want to give much away. I must say that she was VERY nice (she brought me coffee) but other than that I didn't have any way to establish a good rapport there.

When I opened my computer she saw my Chrome theme where my age is displayed. She was "wowed" that i was almost 40 years old. That hit me, specially because really seemed discriminatory in some sense.

That caught my attention. When I started looking around, most of the interviewers were very very young guys and gals. I saw a pattern immediately.

At this point I was already discouraged to even work with this wave of Millennials so I spent my next hour reading between lines what was all this hackathon about.

At the face to face interview rounds, I noticed that they were focused mostly on just the younger crowd. In front of me there was a pair, one young guy and a much older guy. Five interviewers came to talk to the young guy. Only one to the older guy. See the pattern? And this was for most of the people there.

I had the 'privilege' to have one guy sitting with me to ask me about "scaling applications" He mentioned the term "elasticity". When I asked him what did he mean by 'elastic scaling' I was referring to a more technical explanation (either scale horizontally or vertically). Well, this condescending young kid tells me "Elasticity, like an elastic, you know" while doing with his hand a motion of stretching out a rubber band... Seriously?

Anyway, this was one of the most cold, dry and worthless experiences I have had. These kids running the show don't care. They are too caught up in their own ego and they feel like Gods walking around with a fake smile on their faces and memorized scripts that spit out at each table.

I know Honeywell is too big like to worry about glassdoor's interviews reviews. They have too much money and they just don't care. I felt treated like cattle. Honestly. Terrible.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Honeywell

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bengaluru) in March 2017.

Interview

applied thru naukri, got call for telephonic round then f2f interview. 2 rounds of technical discussion. first round was on concepts of programming and second round was on project (deep knowledge on work).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Bengaluru).

Interview

They took one online test. Upon clearing the test there would be a hackathon coding challenge. We were divided into multiple groups with 3 members in each team. We were asked to create a blogging application with latest technologies. We divided the task among ourselves and completed our part. In between they came and checked what we were up and asked few questions. Later when we had to present our outcome finally surprisingly they didn't check anything on our code.....they asked few random questions to everyone like how security can be improved...it was kinda general discussion....later everyone was asked to leave for the day....as if some joke was going around....I can understand they want to hire the best talent but they have the worst process to select people....it's a whole day process and a complete waste of time..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Interview

After clearing written test they called for technical discussion.that day after clearing peer programming round one more technical round was there.two people took interview and after that they told me that I have cleared rounds.further HR disscussion and managerial round will be there.after one week HR called me and told come for managerial and HR disscussion and any manager or HR was not there some random guy came and asked some questions and told he is not from that team I was confused as its highly unprofessional after wasting my full day they told me to go home.after one week upon calling that HR told they are looking for more experience person.then why they took interview at first place they knew my experience from start.whole experience was so frustrating and highly unprofessional.this is the worst experience I ever had with any company.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Honeywell (London, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

I had got a call from HR and she scheduled my first round which was a telephonic.i cleared my telephonic technical round and was asked to take up F2F on a weekday. I took half day off and went all the way to ecoworld to attend the interview. I had technical F2F and managerial round the same day. I got a positive response and I was told that HR will get back to me for HR round the same day. I don't get any call from HR. When I called HR she told me that she got a positive feedback and since the panel is not available she couldn't arrange for HR round on the same day and i may expect a call shortly. I don't get a call for a week. Whenever I call HR or drop a mail I never used to get any response. Finally after a week I called HR from my friend's number, she received my call and she told they are looking for something more in candidate. I have following questions for recruitment team.
    1) Don't you guys go through the resume thoroughly before calling a candidate to interview?.
    2) How come the result was positive on the day of interview and how come now the panelists are looking for something more

Please don't arrange for an interview and waste candidates time if you are not really clear with what you want or if you do not have a requirements. We take lot of effort in coming and attending interview on a weekday taking permission in current organisatio.Please respect others time.

Interview Questions

• C# basics , I was asked to write programs for given 2 scenarios   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Honeywell (Pune) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process is seriously not defined, I appeared for java dev interview and I was disappointed with the interviewer. He itself does not how to conduct an interview, Just asking some random questions which pop in his mind. My sincere advice do not appear for the interview for java developer here.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.