HotelTonight Market Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

HotelTonight Market Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at HotelTonight

3.1

Market Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HotelTonight in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process started with a 15 minute call with a recruiter, followed by a 30 min video call with a Regional Manager. Both calls went very well and I was asked to do an onsite interview with a few other members on the team. The recruiter said I would not be reimbursed but I was within driving distance, so I said I could drive up and stay with a friend. I did this because I had genuine interest in the position and was excited to move forward as quickly as possible and meet with team members in person.

When I got to the onsite, I was greeted by the recruiter I had been in contact with who was very nice and welcoming. However, she did not tell me until the day of the interview that instead of meeting with 3-4 people, I would only be meeting with two people and it would only take about an hour, which was a bit disappointing. The two candidates I met with didn't seem very relevant to the role I was applying for, which I thought was weird because my 2nd interview was with someone directly on the team I was applying for. The first guy I met with didn't even know the exact position I was applying for, and it seemed like he was just filling in for someone last minute. He then looked at my resume and after explaining my interests in analytics, implied that the position would probably be boring to me because it was mainly soft skills. This seemed weird and threw me off a bit, as in my second interview I was told that I would be using Tableau and analytics was important to my role. I left the interview a bit confused about what they were looking for in the role and felt a bit misunderstood, as I was told different things between the second and third round. A few days after my onsite, I was rejected. It was a bit frustrating, as I had taken the time and my own money to do the onsite and didn't really get a chance to meet with actual team members I would be working with, which was what the recruiter had mentioned. If I had known, I would have proceeded with video calls. I left the whole process feeling mainly confused, as it was a competitive role but didn't feel as though I had a fair chance to prove myself in the onsite.

Interview Questions

HotelTonight Response

19 Jun 2019 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing a review of your interview. We sincerely apologize for the scheduling confusion and that your interviewer seemed distracted. We value your time as a candidate and can assure you that your experience is not a reflection of HotelTonight's culture.

Other Interview Reviews for HotelTonight

Market Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HotelTonight (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone call with hiring manager, in person interview with a couple different panelists and each with a different theme and different hotel related case questions.

Interview Questions

• Case related hotel questions, if you were x and had this data what would you do?   Answer Question

19 Mar 2019 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to interview with us and happy to hear that you had a positive experience. Appreciate the feedback!

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HotelTonight (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, team member screen, manager in-person. Very disorganized, the phone screen with the recruiter was messy and she didn’t know the name of the role or any specifics about its day to day. Second phone screen with a team member was rushed and did not add anything to the description of the role. In-person meeting was a mess because they were on a different floor than the invite said. Can see why this company suffered huge layoffs last year. Do not apply - it is a waste of time

Interview Questions

HotelTonight Response

17 Nov 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback, and we are of course really disappointed to hear that you didn't have a good experience interviewing for the Market Coordinator role. Our NY team just recently moved to a new floor in the building, and it seems that we didn't get that message to you in time, so my apologies about that. Motivation and a fit with our Values are things we look for during the phone interview stage, and we've found it's a good time for the hiring manager and the candidate to get a sense of how well they'd work together.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HotelTonight (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

-Interviewed at the end of July-early August. Received an offer mid-August.
    -Initial phone interview with recruiter, written assignment, call with regional manager, on-site interview

Overall, it wasn't that difficult of a process. I was finishing up college on the east coast, and the team was super considerate of my schedule and working with me throughout the process. The HotelTonight recruiters were a great resource and helped prepare me for each round, so don't be afraid to ask questions. Research and know as much as you can about HotelTonight's product.

Application

Interview

I found the position through LinkedIn on their company page and applied online. The questions in their form to submit felt relevant and crucial to understanding if I was a serious candidate and passionate about the role. It was by far the easiest application I have ever submitted in my life - and a great representation of their work as a tech company.

Shortly after I submitted my online application (within 2 days), a coordinator from their HR department (Sam C.) contacted me to set up an initial phone call to chat with her about the role and my experience. It was very casual and meant to genuinely get to know about why I was applying and my experience. She was my contact / resource throughout the entire process which was great to have a point of reference to get to know and be familiar with - something I haven't seen as strong in other companies before.

Since our call went well, she told me while on the phone that she would be sending over a written assignment to complete and send back within the next few days. The questions in the assignment related to managing hotel partnerships and thinking about how to ensure inventory on the app, regardless of what may be going on in the market. It was a good test for me to figure out if I would enjoy the job if I did receive an offer. Upon completion and review of my work, I was moved onto the next round. Keep in mind all communication with HR was immediate, direct and never left me questioning what was to come next.

She then set-up a follow-up call a few days later with an individual on the Supply Team to talk with in a more in-depth fashion about the position and get to know me better. This call was 30 minutes long yet was meant to see if there was a fit (as Market Coordinators are meant to be easy to talk to and social for HT's partner relationships). The individual I spoke with was extremely friendly and was open about the team and what my day-to-day work life would be like.

Something to note about applying is that in the final step of the process they require an in-person visit to the office (at your expense - which isn't an issue for individuals in the area already). I was happy about this being expected to meet everyone in person and figure out if I could see myself there. I had 5 back-to-back interviews of 30-minute increments in their SF office with a variety of individuals from my potential team. After that experience I knew I loved the company and I was glad that I could have that meeting before having to make a decision. The HR coordinator said that they could have set up a Zoom video call with the individuals to be able to determine if we should move onto the next step quicker (if I couldn't fly within the next week) but that an in-person visit is required.

I received an offer within a week of meeting the team in person and had phone calls set-up with the same HR coordinator to discuss salary, start date and benefits of the company. The offer came through Docusign which is very easy to navigate and fill out electronically.

Throughout the entire process I felt that the HR coordinator was a support in the interviews and that she was helping me do my best. Whenever I had questions I was welcomed to ask them. Over the month, I had a few last-minute calls set-up with the HR coordinator to go over any additional areas of concern or prepare for a call.

The process was extremely natural and whenever I felt confident about the interview or talk with someone on their team, it was reciprocated. They do not ask trick questions and truly want to know your story. HT is a fun, young company and therefore it is not a rigid experience applying for the role. By the end of the process when I received my offer I knew 100% that I would be taking the job and that I had adequate knowledge of the company and team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position?
      Why are you applying to work for HT specifically?
      What are you most excited about for the position?
      What is your favorite movie?
      Where is your favorite place to travel?
      How do you work in teams? Are you competitive?
      Why do you want to work in a client-facing role? Do you have client-facing experience?
      Do you like receiving feedback on your performance?
      What are your best/worst qualities?   Answer Question

21 Sep 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Oh my goodness, your review made my day! And I'm so vey happy to hear that you loved working with Sam (she's fantastic) and found the interview experience to be thorough, thoughtful, and fun. We really appreciate you sharing your thoughts and are thrilled to have you on the team!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HotelTonight (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Fairly straight forward process. Everyone I met was extremely nice and definitely had a passion for working @ HotelTonight.

1) Phone screen w/ recruiter - We just discussed the role and my background.

2) Skills Assessment - A few questions that were related to tasks you would be performing if hired. Took about 4 hours in total. Got the sense they were more around how you think than the answer in itself.

3) Phone interview - Situational question related to the job.

4) On-site - Interviewed with 4 people in total. Each interviewer seemed to be genuinely interested in getting to know me and the conversations we very casual. My last interviewer was the COO who basically sold me on taking the offer.

All in all, not super difficult. Just come prepared with knowledge of the HotelTonight product. Also, my recruiter was super helpful in preparing for each interview so definitely take advantage of that.

Received an offer the next week.

Interview Questions

HotelTonight Response

25 Jul 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We're so happy to hear that you had such a great experience during your interview and decided to join the team! We always try to set our candidates up for success and prepare them before interviews, so it's great to hear that your Recruiter gave you some helpful intel. Welcome to HotelTonight!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HotelTonight (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very seamless. I had a call with the recruiter, then a call with a regional manager. After that, I came onsite to meet with 5 managers, including the one from the call. After a follow-up call with the recruiter, I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you work within your market/region to ensure you don't run out of inventory?   Answer Question

25 Jul 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

I love hearing that you had a positive experience with us during the Recruiting process! We put a lot of effort into making the process as fun, informative, and thoughtful as possible, so I'm really glad that you enjoyed it and decided to join the team. Welcome to HotelTonight!

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HotelTonight in May 2017.

Interview

Very Time-consuming. Then they make you do a written assignment which in my opinion is pathetic. It asks an applicant to picture themselves as an HT exec. in different situations. This is the second round and I think it's the make or break of the interview process, definitely left a bad taste.

Interview Questions

HotelTonight Response

7 Jun 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the written assessment. Part of the reason we include this as part of our interview process for the Market Coordinator role is to give candidates the opportunity to step into the shoes of an MC at HotelTonight and gain better insight into what the role entails. Thank you for taking the time to explore the opportunity.

Market Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HotelTonight (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

First stage was the brief 15 minute phone screen with the recruiter where he laid out the details and expectations for the position. Did not really ask me any questions, it was more of him explaining about the job.

The next step was the written assignment. Gave me 3-4 days to prepare.

Then, a 1-on-1 phone interview with a general manager, which lasted about 20 mins. Asked about my background, previous experiences, and why I applied for HT.

After about a week, I was invited into their office in SF for a 3 hour interview where I got to meet 5 different people (team members, COO).

Even though I didn't get the position, everyone was friendly and they made me feel welcomed with snacks and a tour of the office. It felt like a great place to work for.

One thing I didn't really appreciate was that they didn't really give feedback as to why I didn't get the position. I got notified by a one sentence email basically saying "Sorry, you didn't get the position".

But besides that, the whole process was efficient and the hiring manager was quick to respond to my questions throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why HT, your previous experience working in a team, strengths and weaknesses, etc   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HotelTonight in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth with constant communication from the hiring manager. It started with an informal phone screen, then a written assignment, then a phone interview with a regional director, and finally an in person interview with 5 different employees on the team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time when...
      2. Tell me about 3 of your strengths and 3 of your weaknesses   Answer Question

17 Aug 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for making our day! So glad to hear you had a great experience with our recruiting process, and thrilled that you joined the team. If you have any feedback on how we can improve, we'd love to hear it!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.