Hotstar Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 30 May 2018

3.3

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bengaluru) in May 2018.

Interview

Total waste of time. They were not sure about why they are hiring. They called me for data engineering role. They don't use any data engineering related technology. None of the question they asked were related to data engineering. I would suggest to have 20-30 min telephonic discussion before going there.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hotstar in May 2018.

Interview

It seems they do not even have good people to take the interviews. You cant just judge someone by simply asking single ds question directly from geek for geeks and then turn to ur laptop. Atleast have some process to inform interviewers how to take the interview.There is something called loud thinking that should be asked for. There is never an yes or no answer. But I guess if interviewer is not interested and just doing his pending work in the laptop during interview after keeping u awaited, its good to not proceed further with company having such talent.

Software Development Engineer for Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bengaluru) in April 2018.

Interview

Reached out to the recruiter via LinkedIn. Expressed my interest in the testing positions at Hotstar. Got my resume reviewed and the interview was scheduled within a week.

The interviewer was kind enough to know about my past and present experience. Dived deep in the key areas of my resume and then started with the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write the code to establish the DB Connection - Use any language and backend you like.   1 Answer
    • 2. Explain the framework you've created for APIs and UI.   1 Answer
    • 3. Replace the sequence with Hifen

Input: abcd1235 | Output: a-d1-35   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bengaluru) in March 2018.

Interview

They will make you wait and waste your time only to tell you at the end of an entire day that you are not a good fit. Prospective interviewees should ask what they want and their expectations clearly before attending interview so that they don’t waste your tome too. Suggest to stay away.

Automation QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotstar (Mumbai) in March 2018.

Interview

3 rounds
    1.Technical round(coding)
    2. Technical f2f
    3.Technical f2f
    So first thing they do is call all the candidate and give the same test to the all, whether that person have 1 yr of exp or 7yrs of exp,
    same qtns has to be solve by performence tester as well as automation tester
    and the intervierw who took my interview was not at all intreted to kisten answers as there were long queue of candidate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bengaluru).

Interview

Very poor experience. I was called onsite but didn't actually speak with anyone face-to-face, until the end of the day. All the interviews were on Skype! Both interviews had questions which did not focus on the basics but on stuff that only a handful of people in the world implement, and still don't get it right.

In one interview, my solution was not accepted at all even though it covered all edge cases. No edge cases were provided by the interviewer. Looks like he was expecting a certain solution and did not think it fit to evaluate other solutions. I went home and checked - what I provided and coded was the textbook solution to the question.

In another interview, the interviewer lied about his credentials (re: open source contributions) and boasted knowledge of a number theory algorithm which does not even exist! Like seriously? Overall, seemed like a incredibly toxic work culture. This interview ensured I will stay away from Hotstar leadership for the rest of my career. They are as bad as they come.

Interview Questions

• Under NDA to not reveal interview questions   1 Answer

Vertical Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hotstar (Mumbai) in February 2018.

Interview

3 rounds - 1st with HR, 2nd with VP sales and 3rd with SVP revenue & marketing. All at the star office in mumbai. Casual, conversation interviews, Very clear on requirements.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why hotstar? Was the most important question i guess, which was asked by all 3   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotstar in January 2018.

Interview

First round will be pair programming your screen will be shared through Skype call and second round will be hackerearth round which contains around 10 MCQs and 2 mandatory programming tests and 3rd round will be another Skype call here they will test your basics and system design knowledge.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotstar (Mumbai) in January 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed at hotstar office. The process included a hackerearth test with some basic questions related to web tech followed by a technical interview. The interviewer seemed to be less experienced in front end and expected the answers which he thought were correct to him. Even the questions he asked had nothing to do with the product development activity. It seemed as if the questions of the interview were prepared from google.

Interview Questions

• Mostly the questions were related to http methods, settimeout etc.   Answer Question

Head - Digital Marketing (International) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hotstar (Mumbai) in December 2017.

Interview

I had applied on LinkedIn, but received no response for two weeks. Being connected to the CEO on LinkedIn, had spoken to him earlier on potential opportunities, and sent in my CV via email to the POC mentioned by him. HR shuffled my email back and forth between internal teams, and I had to resupply my CV on at least 2 more applications. I had already sent in my CV on the LinkedIn applications. After numerous follow ups via phone and email, they scheduled my first interview after 3 weeks. A calendar invite was not sent to me (and possibly the Hiring Manager) and he missed the agreed committed date. Another slot was agreed on with much difficulty, during which the Hiring Manager expected me to spell out the strategy at an executable level. Despite giving him general guidelines (I am in a restrictive non-compete which will soon cease to apply, hence my application for this role), he was condescending and said that he had many other candidates from other top Dotcom companies also interviewing. This is despite the fact that I am already alum of such a top rung company, in addition to much more relevant and significant work experience. It took me another two weeks of follow up with the recruiters, and after repeated phone calls, I received a generic rejection letter. I consider using interviews to glean competitor information and an executable action plan as borderline unethical, especially if the interviewee is bound by terms of an NDA and non-compete.

Interview Questions

• What are the digital channels you would use to promote Hotstar in the US and Canada?   Answer Question
    • How would you decide the mix?   Answer Question
    • You have to get 100,000 subscribers on the basis of the IPL property. Given that cricket is not as popular, how would you target the audience to get this goal?   Answer Question
    • What is the approach to scaling app the campaigns at scale? What ad networks would you use and why?   Answer Question
    • What are the metrics you would track?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.