Hotstar Interview Questions

Updated 26 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Hotstar

3.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 258 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I interviewed at Hotstar (India)

Interview

After giving most of the correct answer in 2 interviews getting not selected without any feedback make me believe that interview selection at Hotstar is a purely random process or a lottery system.

Interview Questions
  • Just some random question, what is HTTP?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotstar (New Delhi)

Interview

Around 6 rounds including HR. Recruiter reached out on phone and scheduled the interviews. The whole process was very well organized. The recruiter was professional and did schedule interviews based on your availability. The interviewers were polite, helpful and asked good questions except one round where I was asked bookish sql syntax based questions. But all in all the interviews were good discussions. For some reason they kept the salary discussion till after the interviews were over. Got an offer which was nowhere close to my expectations (~15% increase on in-hand salary! ) . Could've asked salary expectations upfront and avoided wasting my time and the interviewers' time as well. Will advise candidates to clarify on the salary part before the interviews to save everyone's time and effort.

Interview Questions
  • Standard sql questions - running avg, cumulative counts, etc Product feature metrics based questions
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bangalore) in Feb 2021

Interview

The process started with initial coding round. Followed by three technical rounds - LLD, HLD, and Bar raiser round. All rounds were highly interactive and informative. It was a great experience overall without any hassles in Video conferencing mode of interview.

Interview Questions
  • - DS algo question - Current project discussion - System Design
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bangalore) in Feb 2021

Interview

You may have to attend 5 to 6 round for PE position here in Hotstar. 1. Screening Round : Its just a discussion to give you the overview on position, team etc and just need to know about you and your recent work. 2. Coding Round - focused on coding 3. LLD Focused on LLD 4. HLD Focused on LLD 5. Bar Raiser Not Attempted. All round of Hotstar are quite focused as explained above.

Interview Questions
  • R1: screening R2: LLD : Design the Continue play list. R2: Coding: ngram program R4: Design the time series db
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bangalore) in Feb 2021

Interview

Overall Interview process was positive. Really appreciate the HR Team for timely reminders & follow up over the email. For me,the process took me almost 2 months due to internal restructuring within Hotstar. First Round : Telephonic Round with HR ( 15-20 Min) Second Round : Technical Round ( SQL,Python ) by Business Analyst in Hotstar ( 1 Hr ) Third Round : Case Study Round by Analytics Manager ( 1 Hr 30 Min ) Fourth Round : Cultural Fit,Case Study- Head of Analytics ( 1 Hr ) Fifth Round : Discussion with Vice President of Analytics ( 30 Min ) Sixth Round : Final Offer Discussion with HR

Interview Questions
  • Technical : Prepare Advanced SQL, Python Programming Business : Learn Case Study Interview Questions
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotstar (India)

Interview

This pattern of the interview process was as follows: 1 screening algo round 1 virtual onsite algo round 1 virtual onsite design round 1 virtual onsite tech round In the algo round he asked 2 problems. For the first problem he was expecting a very byhearted solution to be provided.

Interview Questions
  • Algo round: 1 problem on DFS. Onsite: 1 leetcode question on Trees (Find Max Product of the sum of all nodes by breaking an edge)
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bangalore) in Jan 2021

Interview

The process had 4-5 rounds of interview. 1st is for screening which will test your basic Thinking and DS-Algo skills 2nd round will be more specific to your platform, for me it was iOS specific. Make sure you have a very good grasp on core topics, the interviewer will try to twist the problem and will talk about those. You should have knowledge of why things work and how they work. 3rd round was for DS Algo and will have 2-3 questions from Array, trees, and DP 4th round was around architectural knowledge and system design.

Interview Questions
  • Design twitter Design Server driven system
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bangalore) in Jan 2021

Interview

Great process and seamless process ...

Interview Questions
  • overall it was a great experience. Good Ds/Algo and design questions
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotstar (India)

Interview

There were a total of 5 rounds of technical interview in my case. I was being hired for the Customer Experience team). Round 1 - Screening round (Promises, ES6 classes & inheritance, composition) ~1hr. Round 2 - PS/DS (Modified binary search problem with working solution & edge cases) ~1hr. Round 3 - UI Tech (Anti-patterns, Promises, Polyfills) was finished in <45 min. Round 4 - System Design (Task was to design Google Sheets. I had to drop off after ~55 min but the interviewer had some more questions and thereby had to go through another round of System design interview with another interviewer). Round 5 - System Design (Something related to hotstar.com landing page) ~1hr. All the interviewers were nice but the recruiter spoiled the entire experience for me. I had to follow up after each interview to get the feedback & getting the next round scheduled. It's been 4 days (including weekend), I'm awaiting the feedback for the last tech round. The process is not over yet & recruiter has already sent me a mail to share the feedback for the interview process. The interview process started a month ago and only god knows when it would get over (I've already got 2 offers since then).

Interview Questions
  • All the companies are gonna ask a lot of questions on Promises. Be prepared :)
Anonymous Employee in India
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotstar (India)

Interview

Overall, good experience. Recruiter, interview panel and the consultant involved were prompt and responsive even during the late hours or weekends. Clarity was there from the beginning of the process and I was really impressed on how serenely they do their business.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 258 Interviews