Hotstar Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 387 of over 387 interviews

Recruiter19%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hotstar (Gurgaon, Haryana)

Interview

The interview process slightly over a month and constituted 6 rounds, DS, LLD, HLD, Hiring Manager, Bar Raiser and finally an HR round. The questions asked were pretty good and almost all had some design related question.

Interview Questions
  • What feature you like to have in hotstar? Try designing how the feature you suggested will work
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hotstar (Mumbai)

Interview

coordinated and professional very positive in nature Gave me lot of belief in my experience. Explained the job very nicely. Boost my confidence to adapt to the new in life with this company. Love the process and the group discussion scanning to every detail of my work experience and my achievements. Its was a step by step interview. All the best to you

Interview Questions
  • I guess face it with full confidence and honesty. Dont worry about questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Hotstar

Join the conversation on

Tech India

59.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/tech-india/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.in&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Hotstar~1465942
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bangalore) in May 2022

Interview

There were 2 rounds, one was called Design and second was Coding. The interviewer in the first round told me that this is a new position and they haven't streamlined the process yet. He was a developer with 4 years of experience which is quite less that mine, but nonetheless his vocabulary was really poor no offence, which reflects poorly on the Hotstar being the company that it is. The second round was by a Manager who I thought was looking down at my experience which is really not a good thing to do with any candidate. They really need to improve a lot on the culture and environment they have at least in their India office.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hotstar

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hotstar in May 2022

Interview

A recruiter informed me about the opportunity via phone call for the opportunity. There was a total of 6 rounds. 1. DSA: Medium to hard DSA question 2. Android specific: In-depth analysis of domain knowledge 3. LLD: Design Android app. 4. Hiring Manager: Overall experience and exposure. 5. Bar-Raiser: Behavioral questions and technical discussion on experience and a quick LLD round. 6. HR I was disqualified in Bar-Raiser round. The overall process took 7-10 days.

Interview Questions
  • DSA: Min heap question on minimising the cost while merging buckets. LLD: Design an app for Android with apis Bar Raiser: Design an app with architecture.

Hotstar

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotstar

Interview

1st Coding round was asked about the DP problem. Solved it recursively crossing the time limit so was rejected after that. Should prepare more on DP problems for the same

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hotstar

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hotstar in Apr 2022

Interview

First round of DSA consisted of 2 question, one regarding tree traversal (Calculate total number of paths with sum equal to target), second was very straight forward (don't remember the question). Interviewer was super friendly. Second round was devops based. It was very in depth with my current project. Inveterviewer was super nice and had really good subject knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • Calculate total number of paths with sum equal to target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bangalore) in Apr 2022

Interview

Crew , i was not able to proceed as i was not having artist card, still on process, i would you want to join in this company and loan new things as I wouldn't had any experience in the earlier

Interview Questions
  • What is crew does , did u work on similar like profile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bangalore) in Apr 2022

Interview

1st round for coding round usually will be given 2 question 1 will be pretty straight forward to solve but other question will be a step up, solving this will be a tricky one

Interview Questions
  • Bit twisted version of balanced paranthesis Finding appointment conflicts, aolution would be to use interval Tree data structure

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotstar (Gurgaon, Haryana) in Apr 2022

Interview

In the interview process 3 rounds was done. DS, LLD and HLD. In The DS round questions was asked from Array topics. All the rounds was pretty good. Interviewer was very helpful. They have started from base to advanced level questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hotstar

Application

I interviewed at Hotstar

Interview

Smooth interview process along with proactive and timely scheduling of interviews. Overall process was smooth along with having had discussions with some really smart people in the leadership. Overall a very enriching experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 387 Interviews

Hotstar Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Hotstar as 75.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.30 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Development Engineer and Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Senior Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Hotstar takes an average of 14 days when considering 425 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Development Engineer In Test had the quickest hiring process (on average 3 days), whereas Senior Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 12 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Hotstar according to 425 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 30.30%