Hotstar Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Hotstar

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bengaluru) in May 2019.

Interview

2 technical coding rounds + 1 design round + 1 bar raiser
    First technical round is a phone screen followed by an on-site visit.
    Everything happened in a very timely manner without any delays and the recruiters were very helpful.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotstar.

Interview

HR calls where the person takes one round of technical and evaluates you before letting you go to the next round, and then followed by team lead interview, once you clear that, then team head and then back to HR for offer if selected

Interview Questions

• Multiple case study questions based on data and evaluate your thoughts on it   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotstar (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Everything was cool and went through systematic processes. I was invited for onsite interview and they made all arrangements for commutation, food and amenities. Everything was classy.
    Had 5-6 rounds at on-site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hotstar (Mumbai).

Interview

Telephonic round with an incompetent interviewer.
    Unnecessarily argued about optimization of the algorithm which I used. However, I logically tried to defend that the algorithm is already optimal. He probably was looking for a specific kind of solution, and wasn't so much open minded about other solutions. That's a bit disappointing that Hotstar have such incompetent employees who are sub par and don't even have the basic sense to judge whether a simple solution is optimal or not.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of strings, and a query string q, determine whether q is a anagram of any of the strings in the array.   2 Answers
    • Asked about caching and how to implement it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotstar (Gurgaon, Haryana) in June 2019.

Interview

Process was very smooth. All interview rounds are designed very well. They are 5 rounds for the process. All the rounds done in the day. Design round and bar raiser were very well designed.

Interview Questions

• Why hotstar?
      Questions on Datastructures and Algorithms.
      Design Questions - Concurrency, Scalabilty.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bengaluru) in March 2018.

Interview

They will make you wait and waste your time only to tell you at the end of an entire day that you are not a good fit. Prospective interviewees should ask what they want and their expectations clearly before attending interview so that they don’t waste your tome too. Suggest to stay away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bengaluru).

Interview

Very poor experience. I was called onsite but didn't actually speak with anyone face-to-face, until the end of the day. All the interviews were on Skype! Both interviews had questions which did not focus on the basics but on stuff that only a handful of people in the world implement, and still don't get it right.

In one interview, my solution was not accepted at all even though it covered all edge cases. No edge cases were provided by the interviewer. Looks like he was expecting a certain solution and did not think it fit to evaluate other solutions. I went home and checked - what I provided and coded was the textbook solution to the question.

In another interview, the interviewer lied about his credentials (re: open source contributions) and boasted knowledge of a number theory algorithm which does not even exist! Like seriously? Overall, seemed like a incredibly toxic work culture. This interview ensured I will stay away from Hotstar leadership for the rest of my career. They are as bad as they come.

Interview Questions

• Under NDA to not reveal interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hotstar (Bengaluru).

Interview

Stupid theoretical questions.
    When asked if I have any questions, I asked how they cache their videos and they said they don't. And then I opened hotstar app on my phone, and check for cache videos. Obviously, you're caching your videos, you have a download button to play offline.

Their Engineering team is a joke. They still work use Flash for web. Sounds like a toxic culture. The guy that interviewed me was claiming multiple threads share local variables stored in stack. What a joke. Sad one good app company from India is in such a mess.

Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Difference between TCP and UDP
      Types of IPC
      Leaky Bucket Algorithm or something
      Simple algo question which I answered with 2 different solutions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotstar (Gurgaon, Haryana) in June 2019.

Interview

I had applied online for this role. There was 1 round of online coding interview after around 1 month of deliberation. On clearing that there was 1 round of system design onsite and 1 round of coding onsite.

Interview Questions

• Find path from start to end in a matrix. ( given obstacles )   1 Answer
    • Design an in-memory cache.   1 Answer
    • Find possible path in a circular loop ( tank with fuel)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was conducted for the CMS at Gurgaon location. Following were the rounds in order:
    Coding round on hackerrank
    Coding round with 2 questions. F2F 1 easy and 1 difficult.
    System design round
    HR round asking about my career path and why I chose hotstar etc
    Bar raiser round asking about the projects I did and how I solved problems
    Hiring manager round

Interview Questions

• Producer consumer problem. What kind of data structure would I use and why ? HM round   Answer Question
    • Design distributed caching system   Answer Question
    • Given a binary tree find duplicate subtrees inside it   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.