Interview Question

Underwriter Interview

State Farm

I was e-mailed a request for an interview early April for the end o the month. The hiring team allow you a great amount of time to prepare. On the day of the interview of the interview you will be briefed for 15 mins by a HR Recruiter and Underwriter. They will simply give you a more in-depth look int the position. The will give you great tips to focus on in the interview. Finally, your interviewer will come and get you, and the other few interviewees individually. This is the time to shine. Make sure you practice COMPETENCY BASED interviews. That is the type of interview you will have. Ensure that you refresh yourself on ways to answer, "Why are you considering leaving your current employer?" In a VERY concise manner, tell them about yourself. Remember to do something that will grab their attention and keep it relevant to the position. The questions are easy, just remember to focus on relating your work/experiences on those outlined in the job description. However, make sure you listen carefully and use the STAR method for each answer. After which, you will debrief with the managers that interviewed you, and then a HR Rep will come and go over benefits, and other details of the offer package. You will then receive your offer letter via e-mail between 7-10 business day later.

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

23 Answers

Yea. Hire Right e-mailed me back to verify a previous employer, but like I told them. I was working for that employer through the temp agency and I told them that in the interview. But after calling Hire Right back, they said they were able to confirm it. So, I'm assuming its in State Farm's hands now.

Anonymous on

I had similar situation, i had a unpaid internship, that they could not verify, and i explained to them, they said they would close that, i don't know if that is good or not. I am pretty panic for that.

Jacky on

I don't think any of us should be worried. We won them over in the interview, HireRight has verified us. The hold up is State Farm preparing the finalized offer letter info I'm sure. We all will have that final offer SOON

Anonymous on

I hope so. good luck to all of us!!!

Jacky on

Hireright didn't contact me luckly. I just think this process is long drawn out and any job shouldn't take 4 months to get everything situated. Especially if they are low balling us on the pay. Competitive salary my tail!

I got my offer today!

i am still waiting

Anonymous on

I also received mine today

Michael on

I have not yet received the final offer. The email says it will be 3 weeks prior till the position starting. So I'm assuming the first week of June.

Anonymous on

Ok me neither just wondering

Michael on

Offer received! Two week notice placed at new job! Holla lol

What's the star method?

Anonymous on

You will hear something very soon. Hire right is very detailed and extensive. They usually don't reach out to you unless they can't verify a source

Anonymous on

How long it takes for State Farm to send final offer letter? My background was verified and completed by HireRight.

Joe on

It took a week after

Anonymous on

How long did it take for hirerite to email you to do the background check? I was given the job on Thursday but was told I have to pass a background and drug test. I haven't received an email from hirerite and its Tuesday. Is that normal ?

Anonymous on

I was in that interview too. I didn't hear anything from them neither. So have you guys had any trouble with the background check?

Jacky on

Finally, I got the offer!

Anonymous on

im still waiting for my offer, since you guys heard something yesterday Im praying I get my final offer today. patiently waiting.

Anita on

I’m worried about my background check because I have a misdemeanor domestic battery. Do you think they will let me work for them? I have already been extended an offer.

Lisa Marie on

Did you still get hired with the misdemeanor?

Anonymous on

I was in the same interview. Did you receive the final offer yet?

Michael on

How long did it take to receive the offer letter

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.