IBM Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IBM Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

3.1

Data Science Interview

Interview

I applied online and got the coding interview from there and then I forgot to finish it but it was based on machine learning libraries and modeling for the most part.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Took several months to proceed rounds and very little communication in between. Not very clear on expectations on the hiring process. Rounds were very generic screening type interviews. Would appreciate more structured and paced interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Why IBM?
      What was a difficult challenge you had to overcome?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

In the assessment there is one sql question (which included with two questions )and one machine learning question. I think sql was super easy and the machine learning question was tough.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

It was a Normal interview process. First email communications then set up phone interview then two virtual interviews. Had to complete assessments on data science knowledge and coding skills.

Interview Questions

• What makes you passionate about data science   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

IBM offered me a test from IBM, and I did two tests, Cognitive and coding tests. After submission, I didn't get any contact yet. I'm not sure they will send me back the result or not.

Interview Questions

• Simple SQL and data-based prediction questions.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Cognitive assessment with brain games, online before the coding assessement. After this step you are contacted for another interview. The turn around time was fairly quick and took about a week to get a follow up for the initial online assessements.

Interview Questions

• for the brain games they asked things like what is the fastest route to get out of the box   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

it involved a cognitive game round followed by a coding round. the cognitive game round was short, and had some fun games. The coding round was doable if you practice on leetcode. Try doing the challenges ASAP instead of waiting for a week, because the jobs are occupied on a rolling basis.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

There was one phone screen interview first from IBM Chief Analytics Office. It was around my resume and about me. Then, I was processed for the next round of interview. Next round was the coding interview. I was asked around 10 coding questions. The interviewer was quite friendly. Overall it was a quite good experience.

Interview Questions

• There were many coding questions. Starting with few basic question on Python, SQL and then there was a big coding question. Estimate the value of Pi using Monte Carlo Algorithm   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The IBM recruiters were very nice but the experience felt extremely rushed.

I was placed into a 'second wave' of interviews because I suspect my pre-qualifying information was not passed along in the first wave and ultimately disqualified me.

The technical, in-person interviews were fine but it was just very poor communication/management with the recruiters via email.

My recruiter forgot essential details about me even though I mentioned it multiple times.

I was asked where I live about 3 times. I was asked if I need to fly about 3 times.

A recruiting email was accidentally sent to all the candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is deep learning?
      What is standard deviation?
      What is the difference between precision/specificity?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 rounds, online coding round for a Data Science Problem, an Interview on ML fundamentals and a behavioral and Software Engineering interview. Mostly asked questions related to the projects mentioned on my resume.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.