IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

There were four or five interviews ranging in a variety of topics. Each interview was around 30 minutes in length. The early interviews were more technical and each successive interview became more high level in nature.

Interview Questions

• What are some specific projects on which you have worked?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Managing Consultant Interview

Interview

Technical deep dive, Scenario based discussion, business case focus, use case focus, explain the technology in detail, explain the use case in detail, explain the business case in detail, explain projects worked on

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM in February 2017.

Interview

the hiring process overall took quite a long time from the beginning of the process until I was an employee. The interview process itself was relatively brief with meetings with a few people across the business. The follow up and onboarding processes were less swift.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Knew hiring manager from previous firm. Offered position prior to speaking with corporate recruiter, who actually was more of hindrance than an asset for the process. I was an experienced hire and was hired some time ago so my experiences are likely not the norm. IBM is currently focused on hiring resources directly out of college with little if any real work experience. Also, hiring outside of traditional STEM disciplines. I've recently seen a recent graduate in "graphics" get a job in Global Business Services - don't know what the think was there...

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. 1 with recruiter via phone who later on I spoke with to negotitate salary. 2 with a manager via phone. 3 with a managing partner in person

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest size of team that you led in the past   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Face-to-face and they will fly and board you to where ever the IBM unit is based. They will ask questions that will how your competence in the field you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Specific to the role you are applying for   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM in May 2015.

Interview

In all there were 4 interviews, all by phone - 2 interviews were with equivalent level person on same team, and one interview was with a senior level person, last with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• 2 interviewed based on skills required in role; other 2 were more about expectations in role, and career goals, etc.   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Initial screening to check the skill set , followed by couple of interview by program manager, project manager and those are more related to project management, delivery, how you manage project. and then finally HR round when they will ask about salary expectation and bonus. Then couple of negotiation rounds , if it matches then offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you have proved your leadership, how you managed the risk.
      How do you forecast about project sales ?

How you manage scope, plan, budget, resource, billing, time - which tool

What exactly you feel challenging while doing project management.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM in September 2014.

Interview

Had telephonic interview with team mates, Hiring manager and VP of team. Each clearly explained to me the role and what I would be doing. Went through my experience in detail over the last 3 years. It was good experience. Every one was curtious and professional. Recuriter followed up after end of interviews and keep me informed on the progress. Ended up taking the offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain different consulting methodologies   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Interview

covers your resume at a high level. there were three interview, 1 on phone, 2 face to face. for face to face they call you to an IBM location with all expenses paid and they really see your confidence to handle the job more than anything.

Interview Questions

• nothing unusual. mostly based on the resume and the requirement.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.