IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

was great - nice guys many questions regarding skills and experience company management structure- email contact with them was efficient and succinct - second part of interview with upper management seemed a little over the top and made me not want to work with them at all and the salary range was not what i wanted it to be.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

-Why do u want to work for IBM?
    -Are you willing to relocate?
    -Are you willing to trave?
    -resume screen with technologies I know and I am confortable with?
    -SQlLstatements. select & update
    - interviewer gave me a scenario that on writing a jsp page with 20 fields that query the database and ask me how I will procede and how long it will take me to complete the task

Interview Questions

• Object oriented questions: inheritance, overloading , overriding   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2007.

Interview

I used monster.com to get started since I found a posting that seemed a good match for my most recent experience. I was eventually contacted by phone and I was told I was on a short list with very few people ahead of me. If those people declined the job, then I would be made an offer.

Negotiation

There was a short discussion regarding pay rate. I should have demanded more because I had no idea that there was no possibility of an increase for the next five (5) years.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

5 Questions with response via video, 3 programming exercises. You are given 1 hour to complete each exercise and you are given multiple languages to choose from. Study Fizzbuzz problem, string parsing and comparisons, and tree traversal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Talked about past project and my background on resume for almost 10 minutes. The recruiter cared about why IBM and went specific into my answer. Answered a technical question. Gave me about five minutes to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• function nStrStr(str1, str2)
      How many str1 appeared in str2   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. The next day an email was sent out requesting that I complete an IPAT test that is linked to continue to the next stage.
    The test is timed where you have to complete a series of cognitive questions before the time runs out. There are plenty of resources describing it if googled, but it can be likened to an IQ test with reasoning, ratios, number sequences, etc.
    The test was to be completed within 7 days, but recommends completion within 2 days. A response by email is usually within a couple of days.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I'm a new college hire. IBM got my resume from a conference database (I never actually applied!) and asked me to complete an online 3 hour coding assessment through hirevue. I didn't get around to doing it before the deadline, but a month or two later I was invited to schedule a "guru" interview with one of their software engineers. This was an hour-long coding interview. The questions (just a couple) were pretty typical and my interviewer was really fun to talk to! Then I was invited to a Finish Line event, but first had to complete the "Guide Interview" (an up-to 30 minute conversation about where you'd like to be) and the original online coding assessment. I did both of these the day before I went to the Finish Line event. The event seemed to be more about convincing us (~200 people) to work at IBM than another assessment. I didn't talk to a human recruiter specifically assigned to me until after an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• At the finish line event, we were asked to give group presentations to a panel about using IBM technology.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The first step is completing a 'do on your own time' within 5 days online interview. It had 7 questions, 3 code based and the last asked you to explain how you solved the last coding question. All but the code based questions give you a timer of a few minutes to read the question then you are recorded through the webcam for the allotted time they give you to answer the question.

Interview Questions

• reverse a string, and capitalize correctly: Hello World -> Dlrow Olleh   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview

They had me do a 4 hour digital interview where I answered 3 coding questions and filmed me responding to personal questions. After I completed the interview I received an email stating that I would be contacted by an IBM representative and never was.

Interview Questions

• Given an input of employee names and their managers (john->mary) create a way to search for the closest common manager given two employees that were having conflict.   Answer Question
    • Given a paragraph of sentences output the sentence containing all other sentences, ignore case and characters that weren't letters.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at IBM in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I received an invitation to an IPAT assessment which was basic algebraic questions and number sequences. It was mostly difficult due to the time constraint, otherwise it wasn't that bad. It's been over a week and I haven't received a reply. The recruiter failed to include any contact information as well so it's impossible to contact anyone.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.