IGATE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 9 Apr 2019

2.8

Sort:

Data Analyst/ETL Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

One interview - over skype. Very tough, text book questions. They were not much interested in what I had done in the previous projects/companies as long as I knew the text book answers. I tried to explain them that I do not know the text book definitions, but I can explain the concepts if you give a little background and they were fine with it. In all, I was not expecting the offer based on the interview, but they offered me.

Interview Questions

• A lot of text book questions. If you are in DW, read Ralph Kimball and you should be good.   Answer Question

Very rude recruiter, very non-cooperative and totally unprofessional over phone and email conversation. Had no email etiquettes.
    I wanted to meet the client in person and they initially said they would set up a meeting. But even after signing the offer letter they did not set up the meeting with client.
    Did not send the address of the office even after final offer letter was offered.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE in February 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was ok but after getting hired no body contacted and the instructions were not clear on how to proceed. HR Coordination with us w.s very poor as she wont return the calls made to her,

Associate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Multiple level Interview process (may be because of the level of seniority), very detailed, very structured and very process oriented. Interviews include potential peers, managers, HR, manager's manager. They definitely make sure that you are the right candidate.

Negotiation

Yes, very little.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IGATE (Bengaluru) in February 2011.

Interview

they will call in midnight suddenly to start interview

dont want sh**t

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE (Bengaluru) in January 2011.

Interview

IGATE HR were really helpful from the very begining.Our TPO(college) officer contacted them.The HR gave our college a date to take the skill test and interview. Skill test was online.Interview was very good. generally they look for C++ concept.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Bengaluru) in October 2011.

Interview

In my case, the Operations Manager called me for the opening. The interview continued for about a month until the HR department contacted me for salary negotiations. Once done with the negotiation, they sent me the offer letter along with guest house accommodation and pick and drop details, which I readily accepted. They had given me a date to join the company. I could claim 2nd class AC tickets for me and my wife for relocation so I bought the train ticket to the earliest set off from Kolkata to Bangalore and joined IGate (then iGate patni) on Oct 24th, 2011. After joining the client end BGC was conducted and it ended within a month. This was followed by a BGC by the company which was dragged for about 4months because of some technical issues. Once everything got settled, I officially became an employee of iGate!!

Negotiation

Yes, i was able to negotiate. In fact, I was offered more than I had expected! One tip I would like to share: try on a higher payscale...that much more than you expect ;)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nadiad

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE (Nadiad) in October 2015.

Interview

Placement interview
    Written test
    Personal Interview technical
    Personal Interview HR
    The written test was more about verbal and technical questions
    The personal interview was of around 45-50 minutes in which all the subject related questions were asked.
    After that HR round lasted for 20-30 mins in which your personality and communication skills as well as decision making skills were tested.

Fresher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process defined as below.
    Good and Excellent interview .
    One Round of Written Test,
    then two rounds of Technical Interview one after another.
    and then after clear first three round then one round of HR.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE (Bengaluru) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the Project Manager. It was an internal movement so did not take a long time. The focus was mainly on Oracle architecture. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain Performance Tuning, Statement Execution at the Architecture level   Answer Question

Mainframe Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGATE (Hyderabad) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview Process was good. I was initially interviewed for mainframe developer position in a maintenance project. But then as I expressed my interest to be part of development project, they have invited me on the walk-in interview and conducted 2 technical rounds. The manager was very helpful,he even corrected my syntactic errors as, I was asked to write code. The final round was HR about compensation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on files opening ,closing etc. JCL for DISP, DD,COMP ,SORTCARDS, sorting. DB2 simple queries on joins, views, selects . VSAM IDCAMS, KSDS,ESDS etc files and behavior. Error codes on DB2 SQL and files.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.