IGATE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IGATE Interview Questions

Interviews at IGATE

2.8

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

1st round - Technical - 30 technical questions were asked in server side scripting language, database, current projects, previous company etc
    2nd round - High level - 10 high level technical questions. Couple of real time scenarios and how we will deal it.
    3rd - HR - Discussion on salary, policies etc

Interview Questions

• How do you upload files and what are the parameters will pass and where it will store.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I attended through off campus drive for freshers . 1st round was apti. 2nd was technical interview .
    they will ask C C++ OOPS DBMS and few puzzles and then will be HR interview. it was average interview.

Technical Lead V&V Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE in March 2016.

Interview

Applied for full time position in capgemini- I gate , waukusha WI through referral .The process was fast and had gud response form the recruiting team. Had two rounds of interview.Waiting for client interview

Interview Questions

• General technical questions in first round   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IGATE (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview took as long as 3 months to complete. They delayed it in each and every phase, but mentioned that they didnt had enough clarity from client. And the irony is that i could work for only 3 months and the proj got ended and had to relocate for another project!!!

Interview Questions

• It was mainly Productiom support experience related questions.   1 Answer

Project Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

Company with No Ethics.

I was interviewed in month of Oct 2015 for project lead position in Raleigh,NC. 2 rounds of interview were completed within 1 week and I got provisional offer letter. Recruiter asked me to hold on for client interview. We will send you final offer letter as soon as we complete client interview round. Client interview is just introduction with them. I was waiting for client interview and did not get any updates. When I started follow up, I did not get proper response. Finally I called recruiter in month of Dec. 2015 and got to know position is no more.

Recruiter could have informed me in my follow up emails. He did not do that. I lost 2 months and did not do job search aggressively.

Igate employee have no ethics to update someone via email regarding position ramp down.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Pensacola, FL (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

They called from India and said that they wanted to interview me the next day. I explained that I lived in GA about 3 hours away but would make the trip. When they called back after the interview and told me that they were offering me the job they told me I had 45 minutes to be there. I explained again that I lived 3 hours away and I would be there as soon as I could. I was 3.5 hours late for my first day on the job....not a good feeling.

Interview Questions

• General questions about how I communicate with others.   1 Answer

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE (Pensacola, FL (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview where the hiring manager asked questions involving tcp/ip, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory. I thought some of the questions asked where sr level administrator questions but i thought i did well considering im green and fresh out of college.

Interview Questions

• what are some commands for finding connection problems on the network   1 Answer

SAP Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGATE (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Technical Discussion, about my project roles and responsibilities
    Organizational setup is always customer-specific
    Use this document as a starting point
    Elaborate a fitting organizational setup for your environment
    Translate your organizational setup into a technical role concept

Interview Questions

• 1. why do we use MT?
      A. we use message type to describe the message which is going to be sent.
      2. Where u use Catch whole queue?
      3. What makes an XI object unique?
      4. what r the adapters that related to sap r/3?
      A. IDoc ,RFC.
      5. what r mapping techniques?
      6. advantges & disadvantages of BPM?
      7. Diference between Adapter & proxies?
      8. What is BS, TS?
      9. How many components have in xi?
      10.What is global container?
      11.How many IE are in XI?
      12.How many functions r in xi?
      13.What is synchronization?where it use?
      14.What is idoc? where it use?
      15.diference between UDF & Advanced UDF?
      16.When we go for File scenario?   Answer Question

1& Second Level Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweden, ME (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGATE (Sweden, ME (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Mostly a lot of "no brainer" question, so getting to the HR interview is not too hard. Basically these indian HR staff recruiting, selecting and interviewing are so intrinsically focused at "only filling" the vacancy, they are taken by surprise when you ask them what they are offering. Asking what benefits, pension plans, bonuses etc they do not seem to have a clue about. So, they waste your time, while you wait during the screening process to have decent conversation with someone you hope can answer these questions. Earlier contacts defer to answer any of these and let you know HR knows this. Turn them down and save yourself a lot of time. No worth pursuing

Interview Questions

• What would you do if.....no staff other isaround or manager?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a staffing agency about a position. Set up an interview with the hiring manager in few days. I can tell you the desi interviewer was the rudest I have ever came across. Absolutely no sense of professionalism in him.

Forget about introduction. He immediately jumped into technical questions. As usual a typical desi interviewer.As usual bookish questions and he will keep digging you until you spit that one term that he wants to hear. He asked me a bunch of bookish questions which I explained, as usual he didn't got satisfied and he became hyper and rude that got my nerves. He kept pushing questions not even allowed me to finish my answer. I was like chill dude this is just an interview not a court legal debate! I got a sense what kind of people run the company. Thanks for not selecting me as I would have also not worked with you anyways!

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? Why do we need polymorphism? Why do we need inheritance? What parameters do we check when we convert MATLAB code to C++. Some image processing questions like how to detect the locations of black dots in a white background? what is the most efficient way?   Answer Question