IGATE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 9 Apr 2019

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview included 3 telephonic interviews. One background check and 2 technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP concepts and RDBMS questions.
      Describe the basic OOPs concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a staffing agency about a position. Set up an interview with the hiring manager in few days. I can tell you the desi interviewer was the rudest I have ever came across. Absolutely no sense of professionalism in him.

Forget about introduction. He immediately jumped into technical questions. As usual a typical desi interviewer.As usual bookish questions and he will keep digging you until you spit that one term that he wants to hear. He asked me a bunch of bookish questions which I explained, as usual he didn't got satisfied and he became hyper and rude that got my nerves. He kept pushing questions not even allowed me to finish my answer. I was like chill dude this is just an interview not a court legal debate! I got a sense what kind of people run the company. Thanks for not selecting me as I would have also not worked with you anyways!

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? Why do we need polymorphism? Why do we need inheritance? What parameters do we check when we convert MATLAB code to C++. Some image processing questions like how to detect the locations of black dots in a white background? what is the most efficient way?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I was hired by Patni Computer Systems (now owned by IGATE). Hiring process was just like other companies of its kind. First many students were filered out in Written test which was a bit tougher, the qualified students got chance for Technical interview and HR interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job, I did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple. It was an on-campus recruitment. they asked about 2 technical questions, which were extremely simple and basic. the interview had a lot of HR questions like what are your strenghts and weakness? why are you the best person for this position? etc. Almost everyone who interviewed got through. Overall the interview process was simple and direct. Nothing to fret about.

Interview Questions

• All questions were direct. No surprises with the questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Detroit, MI (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Other then the first scanning phone call, there were two Round of Phone Interviews. First round is the hiring manager, asking about my resume, and some basic knowledge about matlab programming and control theory. Second round is a higher level manager, didn't really ask too much technical stuff, just some behaviors questions, and then talked about my work eligibility.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a control method you used.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

Biggest manipulators I have ever seen. They will give all false promises. They do not even respond at times. Very unprofessional. Experience with them is not at all good.they will take all interview but at the end they will not give offer.

Interview Questions

• They do even know what they want. highly unprofessional.people give false promises.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I attended through off campus drive for freshers . 1st round was apti. 2nd was technical interview .
    they will ask C C++ OOPS DBMS and few puzzles and then will be HR interview. it was average interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IGATE in March 2011.

Interview

Written test (Screening) - Personal Interview.
    As part of campus recruitment drive, IGATE takes screening test which includes technical questions along with logical reasoning. After that, selected candidates are interviewed in further phase.

Interview Questions

• UNIX shell script related question : use of AWK/SED commands?
      Difference between materialized view and normal view?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

After an initial phone screening with HR, I interviewed one-on-one with the hiring manager and representatives from various departments, allowing me to learn about their roles and impressions of the company and to share details of my experience. Most questions touched on how I've handled challenges in past roles, what successes or improvements I've made, etc. All were positive about Igate's potential growth, the opportunity for employees to make meaningful…

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE in May 2012.

Interview

Three rounds of interview. 1 screening and next 2 technical. Interview was not tough but better to be prepared for interview. Prepare in your specialized technology area. test test test test test test