IGATE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 9 Apr 2019

2.8

Sort:

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I had in my entire career. Someone from the HR called me up one day and scheduled the technical interviw (telephonic) which was taken by a technical lead . It went on for 30 mins and was good. Then there was no response from them for 10 days and after that I got a feedbac that I was sel;ected in the 1st round. After that they scheduled another round of managerial cum technical round, through skype and I was selected in that one as well. Then they scheduled an Hr round , but the HR never called me and they told that they will be scheduling another round shortly. Then there was no response from them for 2 weeks and today a HR finally called me and told that the requirement they were interviewing me for has been put on hold it seems !! How can they interview a person for 2-3 rounds when the requirement itself is not confirmed !! This is simply ridiculous and I am really disgusted with their approach. They dont even have the minimum proffessionalism in them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly from my previous experiences and based on real time scenarios.   Answer Question

SharePoint Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IGATE (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

5 different Skype technical interviews that covered everything in detail. Usually done late at night due to the time difference. On each call I met with a different member of the team who had their own area of expertise. Due to the late night calls the interviews were harder simply because of the time differencel

Interview Questions

• Specifics around Metadata in 2007, the use of Features in 2010, different uses for workflows in SharePoint Designer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had a static wage, I negotiated it up to 110 because they needed someone with my diverse skill set.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

It was a campus hiring for me.
    Day 1: Aptitude test, group discussion
    Day 2: Two rounds of technical followed by HR round.
    Successful candidates gets offer letter in the same day.

Very supportive, friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Questions on RDBMS, knowledge on normalization, relational database.
      Basic Java, c++ questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

First i got call from igate HR. this one is screening round with some basic question tell me about your self and visa question.then one telephonic technical round and Skype interview with clients

Interview Questions

• why you want to join iGate ?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

HR will call you for prescreen. Later Technical team member will call you and test your skill set based on you profile. Once it is cleared you need to present in the office for manager round and then HR Round for salary negation's.

Interview Questions

• Which location you do prefer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

1st round - Technical - 30 technical questions were asked in server side scripting language, database, current projects, previous company etc
    2nd round - High level - 10 high level technical questions. Couple of real time scenarios and how we will deal it.
    3rd - HR - Discussion on salary, policies etc

Interview Questions

• How do you upload files and what are the parameters will pass and where it will store.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Fremont, CA (US)).

Interview

Involved. I was fortunate in that my EVP handheld each individual at each step in the process in order to make sure it happened in a timely and efficient manner. Not all have had this experience. In many cases HR bungles the process and people get turned off on the company before they through the various steps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is little negotiation.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I received a call around 10:30 AM to pick up a time between 1 PM to 3 PM for interview the same day. How in the universe, a company can be so urorganized to schedule an interview in 2 hours? I still went ahead and gave my time as 1 PM.

It was a telephonic interview and the interviewer did not have any questions in advance and was asking some vague questions. He asked what are the architectural activities I do. When I started explaining the project overview and the process, the interviewer abruptly stopped me even before I complete the answer and jumped into another stupid question - is it possible to replace Java service with .NET service. I was wordless to get such questions.

I could clearly see that the interviewer did not prepare anything and did not have any patience. The architect position is client-facing and how could you be so patientless after asking some stupid questions.

At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked me whether I have any questions for them. I asked 2 questions and here are the answers and you can understand the attitude of the interviewer:
    1. If I am selected, which client I will work for?
        Sorry we cannot tell you; it is confidential.
    2. What really are the roles and responsibility of this position?
        You will do whatever a technical architect would do.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very vague:
      Tell me about yourself
      What are the architecture-related activities you do?
      Can you replace a Java service with WCF?

The interviewer was not waiting for any complete answer and was jumping into next question even before you could answer completely.   Answer Question

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of technical interview, one from the client.

This includes one Skype and one Webex interview.

Finally discussion with recruitment manager on the Compensation and benefits.

Offer letter received in 4 days.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE (Pensacola, FL (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview where the hiring manager asked questions involving tcp/ip, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory. I thought some of the questions asked where sr level administrator questions but i thought i did well considering im green and fresh out of college.

Interview Questions

• what are some commands for finding connection problems on the network   1 Answer