IGATE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IGATE Interview Questions

Interviews at IGATE

2.8

Data Analyst/ETL Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

One interview - over skype. Very tough, text book questions. They were not much interested in what I had done in the previous projects/companies as long as I knew the text book answers. I tried to explain them that I do not know the text book definitions, but I can explain the concepts if you give a little background and they were fine with it. In all, I was not expecting the offer based on the interview, but they offered me.

Interview Questions

• A lot of text book questions. If you are in DW, read Ralph Kimball and you should be good.   Answer Question

Very rude recruiter, very non-cooperative and totally unprofessional over phone and email conversation. Had no email etiquettes.
    I wanted to meet the client in person and they initially said they would set up a meeting. But even after signing the offer letter they did not set up the meeting with client.
    Did not send the address of the office even after final offer letter was offered.

Interview

Nice. Telephonic was good. Face to Face there were three rounds. All went well. But the timing mentioned was flexible which did not turn out to be true later. Questions were more on bookish terms. Less questions on the experience that I had. Rather I was asked on other bookish things. The interview went well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got what i wanted

Manager Interview

Interview

hiring was easy , not many questions , just a few simple questions which cam emy way he nce i took up this offer ......... it was good to work with this co

Interview Questions

• what is difference between relational and hierarchial databasee   Answer Question

Associate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Multiple level Interview process (may be because of the level of seniority), very detailed, very structured and very process oriented. Interviews include potential peers, managers, HR, manager's manager. They definitely make sure that you are the right candidate.

Negotiation

Yes, very little.

SharePoint Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IGATE (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

5 different Skype technical interviews that covered everything in detail. Usually done late at night due to the time difference. On each call I met with a different member of the team who had their own area of expertise. Due to the late night calls the interviews were harder simply because of the time differencel

Interview Questions

• Specifics around Metadata in 2007, the use of Features in 2010, different uses for workflows in SharePoint Designer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had a static wage, I negotiated it up to 110 because they needed someone with my diverse skill set.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I received a call around 10:30 AM to pick up a time between 1 PM to 3 PM for interview the same day. How in the universe, a company can be so urorganized to schedule an interview in 2 hours? I still went ahead and gave my time as 1 PM.

It was a telephonic interview and the interviewer did not have any questions in advance and was asking some vague questions. He asked what are the architectural activities I do. When I started explaining the project overview and the process, the interviewer abruptly stopped me even before I complete the answer and jumped into another stupid question - is it possible to replace Java service with .NET service. I was wordless to get such questions.

I could clearly see that the interviewer did not prepare anything and did not have any patience. The architect position is client-facing and how could you be so patientless after asking some stupid questions.

At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked me whether I have any questions for them. I asked 2 questions and here are the answers and you can understand the attitude of the interviewer:
    1. If I am selected, which client I will work for?
        Sorry we cannot tell you; it is confidential.
    2. What really are the roles and responsibility of this position?
        You will do whatever a technical architect would do.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very vague:
      Tell me about yourself
      What are the architecture-related activities you do?
      Can you replace a Java service with WCF?

The interviewer was not waiting for any complete answer and was jumping into next question even before you could answer completely.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Fremont, CA (US)).

Interview

Involved. I was fortunate in that my EVP handheld each individual at each step in the process in order to make sure it happened in a timely and efficient manner. Not all have had this experience. In many cases HR bungles the process and people get turned off on the company before they through the various steps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is little negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Discussed about my background, my previous projects, current projects, DB's, some real project scenario with problems and how I will address them, some questions on front end tech and how the optimization will work. Also, gave a case study and asked how I will work.
    Next round:
    Got a call from Senior Manager. He asked the some technical and typical manger questions. Lasted for 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• gave a case study about s specific issue and asked me to anwser   Answer Question

Helpdesk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (El Paso, TX (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was too easy. The background check took the longest. The first interview was via telephone with a recruiter and the second interview was done via Skype.
    Once the interview was done the on boarding process took place which took forever. Having to provide w2s and pay stubs for every job listed on the resume was a little frustrating.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Campus interview

Interview Questions

• Technical questions based on your courses and projects.   Answer Question