IGATE Technical Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IGATE Technical Architect Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I received a call around 10:30 AM to pick up a time between 1 PM to 3 PM for interview the same day. How in the universe, a company can be so urorganized to schedule an interview in 2 hours? I still went ahead and gave my time as 1 PM.

It was a telephonic interview and the interviewer did not have any questions in advance and was asking some vague questions. He asked what are the architectural activities I do. When I started explaining the project overview and the process, the interviewer abruptly stopped me even before I complete the answer and jumped into another stupid question - is it possible to replace Java service with .NET service. I was wordless to get such questions.

I could clearly see that the interviewer did not prepare anything and did not have any patience. The architect position is client-facing and how could you be so patientless after asking some stupid questions.

At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked me whether I have any questions for them. I asked 2 questions and here are the answers and you can understand the attitude of the interviewer:
1. If I am selected, which client I will work for?
    Sorry we cannot tell you; it is confidential.
2. What really are the roles and responsibility of this position?
    You will do whatever a technical architect would do.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very vague:
    Tell me about yourself
    What are the architecture-related activities you do?
    Can you replace a Java service with WCF?

The interviewer was not waiting for any complete answer and was jumping into next question even before you could answer completely.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IGATE

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Bengaluru) in January 2014.

Interview

They have 2 rounds of interviews followed by HR round. First was technical round which had questions about technologies worked, design challenges, performance issues, complexity etc. After you clear the first round, the second round is more managerial. Here team challenges, client handling, estimation related questions happen.
    HR round is more general checks the overall personality, career stability etc.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave your current company and what is the positive in our company that's encouraging you to quit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always be flexible with size of the project and client. Give a range when negotiating salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGATE (Bengaluru) in June 2014.

Interview

The process took 2 months. The interview was for technical architect position.

There were 3 rounds. First was telephonic which started with briefing about my profile and projects. After this the interviewer did not ask any technical questions. He wanted to know whether I had handled any team. I said yes. After this the questions were related to handing team conflicts, appraisals etc.He had no knowledge of technology that I was into. looked like he was suddenly pulled to do my interview

After 2 days, I was called for in person round at their office. The timing was fixed at 11am. Though I was on time, there were about 100+ people standing inside their campus and most of them were fresher and I stood along with them. Though I showed them (people regulating the crowd) my interview letter, they were insisting me that I had to collect the interview forms before they can let me inside the main reception.

Finally I went inside their office after an hour. The HR took me to a room and connected to a person on telephone. His questions were related project management. He was looking for certain key words in my answers and whenever I touched upon those, he became satisfied. looked like he was also not aware of the position for which I was interviewed. After this, HR discussion happened and they asked about why I want to resign from current company and how soon I can join them. They did not tell me the CTC on that day. Instead they told that after approvals they will tell the amount in 2-3 days

The funny part begins here…

After 2 days, HR called me and asked for copies of 3 months pay slip and current offer, both of which I mailed immediately. After 2 days HR called me again and asked why my company logo alone is reflecting in the pay slip and not the company address. She also told that the VP found this anomaly and want to know the reason for this before approval. It was a surprise for me that I did not notice all these things in my 2 years stint in the company. I told them that my company pay roll processing is outsourced and even the CEO pay slip will have only the logo and not the address. Indeed I don’t know the reason as to why the address is not reflecting in pay slip. She took this reason without telling anything. After 2 hours, she called me again and asked whether I am on a permanent pay rolls or contract in my current company. I told that I am on permanent pay rolls and working in architect level position and should they need further evidence I can submit the 6 months bank statement or form 16. Again, she took this answer without telling anything. (Looked like a person in VP level has to check the documents and ascertain by himself whether they are original/ fake before giving approval for offer!!)

After a week the HR called me and told the offer amount and said if I accept they will release the formal offer. To my surprise the offer was almost equal to my current CTC. When I asked for the reason they said they had given the best as per the internal standards. I had requested them for the breakup of offer which they mailed. For some reasons, I was looking for a change and hence I confirmed my acceptance to the offer on the next day. After this, they did not communicate to me. When I called them after a week, she said they are waiting for approvals to release the formal offer.

After a month, they called me and said that position for which I was interviewed was closed and they have another position based out of Mumbai and want to know if I am interested to relocate so that they can immediately release the formal offer. Since I got another offer in the meanwhile, I told them politely that I cannot relocate due to family constraints and everything ended there.

I am not sure whether this is just an isolated case or they have a proper recruitment process.

Finally entire experience became funny and forgettable

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.