IGATE Technical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IGATE Technical Specialist Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Bengaluru) in November 2011.

Interview

First round will be a telephonic. In this round they discuss only about technical knowledge
Second round will be a telephonic or face to face with next level officers for technical round
Third round will be with HR .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IGATE

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was three step process. First round Technical interview - Face to Face. Second round had mix of both technical and leadership role - Telephonic discussion. Finally HR round on benefits and expectations again Face to Face at their office.

Technical Specialist Interview

Interview

First I went for a Walkin here. Not much panel was available for interviews so it took around 5-6 hours just for technical round to start. I had two technical rounds. I went thru those and then I was given a form and had HR round. In HR, they told me that the technical specialist role is available in some other business unit and they will forward my profile to them and will call me back in 2-3 days for another discussion. I called 2-3 times and they said they have shared my profile with another account and they have not got back. After 1 month they called me for an opening and when I mentioned I already had one interview they said they don't have any record of it and I need to again give interview. I again gave one telephonic and one face to face interview. Face to face interview was also a VC call and in that they did not ask anything technical but general questions and then next day they told me that I am not suitable for their requirements. I did not understand why they did so, because that was not at all technical round and if I was not suitable they should have not even shortlisted my profile. Its just a harassment. I don't know why companies these days shortlist the profiles and call for interview and later on tell that not suiting the requirements. Its really a waste of time for us and them too.

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

The technical interview was a telephonic round. The questions they asked was specific to the technology for which they interviewed. Once i cleared the technical round i was asked to attend the manager Round which dealt with my current role in the organization followd by HR round

Interview Questions

• Explain the Most complex solution that you have created?   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE in September 2014.

Interview

The recruiters contacted me after finding my profile to be matching their current requirements. First, they arranged for a telephonic round. It was for the position of a technical specialist in Hybrid Mobile App development. The first telephonic round was mostly to gauge my knowledge and my current projects and how I solved key issues etc. Nothing too difficult. I was called up the next day by the HR team to say I have cleared the first round, and next would be a F2F round on a working weekday I was asked to fill an elaborate employee application form. I went there well in advance to attend the interview, but was surprised to find the interview to be a telephonic one again. Was annoyed a bit by this arrangement. What was the need to call for a F2F if it was going to be telephonic again? The second managerial round was more technical. He asked me everything under the sun. I wouldn't term the round difficult but it was not easy either. Got a call after 2 days saying I have cleared this round too. (Really wasn't expecting this, as I didn't do well here)
    The 3rd round was a HR discussion. Have to say this... The HR was very rude. The HR then told me I would be contacted by the HR team in a week's time. Over a week, no news. Finally I called them up to enquire, only to be told, I was selected for a lower level as my years of experience didn't match their requirement. (Probably also because I didn't do so well in the second round) But then my current pay doesn't fall into the lower band, hence they cannot extend me an offer.

Interview Questions

• - Scrum methodologies
      - Design patterns
      - Difference between HTTP and HTTPS
      - In depth project details   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Mumbai) in September 2013.

Interview

My resume was shortlisted by Igate from a job portal and HR called up to fix for a telephonic interview as the requirement was for Mumbai location & i was based out at Delhi.
    The telephonic interview round went for about 30 mins in which the panel asked mainly scenario based questions apart from CV related details. The panel was extremely easy and co-operative to talk with & i would advice all to sound confident on phone as your voice will give them confidence to deal with scenario.

I got the call from HR the same day that first round is clear and second round will be conducted next day. This basically is a technical cum managerial round with your technology director or Project delievery manager.
    The second round with director is very easy and they generally more interested to understand if you really keen to join the firm & what kind of refreshing change you can bring. Nothing much to write as its more of discussion based around your experience,role and communication

Negotiation

Igate is not generous to offer even when they are not among the top tier companies. So you need to negotiate based on the fact that you have a better opportunity on same CTC with other brands. Then only start discussing. However , based on requirement only they tend to negotiate. No joining bonus was given stating the company policy doesnt support it. Plus be careful if you are relocating as the relocation bonus is very less about 15k and is not based on actuals

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.