IKEA Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 10 Sep 2017

2.3

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Process was very painless. I applied and was contacted for a phone interview the same day. Very basic, wwyd, tell me a time when...questions. Scheduled an in-person interview shortly after that. My interviewer was really nice and it was the most comfortable, laid-back interview I've ever had. We just talked about what I had done previously and why Ikea.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Renton, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Didn't know they had an interview. place was in shambles. Took a while to find interviewing manager. Two people interviewed me so 2:1 interview asked about 4 questions each. Very basic

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Tempe, AZ (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an email requesting an over the phone interview, then for an in person interview. I got an offer which I accepted and had to go back in for a drug test which they said they would call me back when the background and drug test come back. I started training the same week.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Tampa, FL (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job from a job website and first received a phone call from an HR Recruiter within 2 weeks of applying. She was super great to talk to and made me feel very comfortable and relaxed over the phone with some very basic interview questions. Why I was looking for a job, what kind of hours I was looking for, what kind of employee did I think I was for my current employer, etc. She immediately explained to me that I would be set up with a face to face interview and gave me several interview times and allowed me to choose which worked best for me. I was told to dress business casual. I wore dress slacks, a button down collared shirt and a cardigan. To top it off, I put on a yellow beaded necklace to show my IKEA colors! After I spoke with the HR Recruiter and had my phone interview, I then had my 1:1 interview and was told to keep a look out in my email for the background check over the next couple weeks. I received it the next day! I filled out my background check which was very basic but included my social security number. So far it's been a positive experience. Please note: I am marking NO that I did not get offered the job because I just submitted my background check today.

Interview Questions

• I was glad that I had looked at other job interview postings on this website because it allowed me to prepare myself for what was ahead during my interview. I met with a Team Lead Manager and she was awesome. It has been 16 years since I was on a job interview last and she made me feel so relaxed because she was at her previous job for a long time and she hadn't been on an interview for quite some time when she applied there as well. Then we even discussed the fact that I was nervous, which we giggled about. We talked a little about ourselves before we got started and that helped and I was no longer nervous. Her and I had a lot in common so that made me feel better too. She asked me general interview questions, how would I describe myself as an employee, tell her about a time that I had a difficult customer and how I handled it, tell her about a time that I made a mistake at work and how did I handle it, tell her what was my favorite room in my home and why, what interested me in working at IKEA, was I able to handle lifting and re-stacking items for customers, what could my co-workers expect from me and what do I expect from my co-workers. Before I left, she handed me a form that gave me instructions on what to do if I received an email to fill out the background check. I received it the next day, which excited me very much.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a friendly group interview which had a weird process. They asked questions that were more focused on how you are as an individual instead of the usual "tell me about yourself" or "what's your strengths". This makes the interview a breeze as long as you want to work there and see yourself working there. After the interview, you will get an email letting you know either that they are not hiring you, or to complete a background check before receiving a second interview. After the second interview, they give you a swab drug test and hire you on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very similar to other jobs. I often hear about phone interviews but I did a face to face interview and got hired on the spot. The hiring process takes a while. After you get hired you'll have to complete and drug screening and background check. Once those are complete you will come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at IKEA?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Basic interview which starts at the resume, you want to have something that stands out and catches the eye, I was interviewed for two positions actually. Once you go in there be sure to be polite to the secretary and not fake polite but actually doing your best to be the best person.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions just making sure you have experience in something. If you have ever had a job or been a part of a club, just speak from the heart and apply it towards the position you want.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I applied online, and within just a few days, had a brief phone interview. The interviewer asked about my general availability. I was called in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was casual. A conversation more than a Q&A session. By the time I got to my car, I had an email asking me to complete a background check. They checked my references, verified my recent employment as well as my schooling. I have been asked to come back for a second interview. Hopefully all will go well!

Interview Questions

• One question was: Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IKEA (Emeryville, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Honestly, the manager just looked over my resume, told me I'm hired and then proceeded to ask me about my time abroad that was on my resume.

I also interviewed for my current position which was a bit more like a real interview because it was sales.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

i got a phone interview first and then a call back. i went in for a interview with the department head and another one with the department manager. i got a call later i had been hired

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.