IKEA Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

IKEA Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 14 Feb 2017

2.5

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IKEA (Renton, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Didn't know they had an interview. place was in shambles. Took a while to find interviewing manager. Two people interviewed me so 2:1 interview asked about 4 questions each. Very basic

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IKEA

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Tempe, AZ (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got an email requesting an over the phone interview, then for an in person interview. I got an offer which I accepted and had to go back in for a drug test which they said they would call me back when the background and drug test come back. I started training the same week.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Tampa, FL (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job from a job website and first received a phone call from an HR Recruiter within 2 weeks of applying. She was super great to talk to and made me feel very comfortable and relaxed over the phone with some very basic interview questions. Why I was looking for a job, what kind of hours I was looking for, what kind of employee did I think I was for my current employer, etc. She immediately explained to me that I would be set up with a face to face interview and gave me several interview times and allowed me to choose which worked best for me. I was told to dress business casual. I wore dress slacks, a button down collared shirt and a cardigan. To top it off, I put on a yellow beaded necklace to show my IKEA colors! After I spoke with the HR Recruiter and had my phone interview, I then had my 1:1 interview and was told to keep a look out in my email for the background check over the next couple weeks. I received it the next day! I filled out my background check which was very basic but included my social security number. So far it's been a positive experience. Please note: I am marking NO that I did not get offered the job because I just submitted my background check today.

Interview Questions

• I was glad that I had looked at other job interview postings on this website because it allowed me to prepare myself for what was ahead during my interview. I met with a Team Lead Manager and she was awesome. It has been 16 years since I was on a job interview last and she made me feel so relaxed because she was at her previous job for a long time and she hadn't been on an interview for quite some time when she applied there as well. Then we even discussed the fact that I was nervous, which we giggled about. We talked a little about ourselves before we got started and that helped and I was no longer nervous. Her and I had a lot in common so that made me feel better too. She asked me general interview questions, how would I describe myself as an employee, tell her about a time that I had a difficult customer and how I handled it, tell her about a time that I made a mistake at work and how did I handle it, tell her what was my favorite room in my home and why, what interested me in working at IKEA, was I able to handle lifting and re-stacking items for customers, what could my co-workers expect from me and what do I expect from my co-workers. Before I left, she handed me a form that gave me instructions on what to do if I received an email to fill out the background check. I received it the next day, which excited me very much.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Basic interview which starts at the resume, you want to have something that stands out and catches the eye, I was interviewed for two positions actually. Once you go in there be sure to be polite to the secretary and not fake polite but actually doing your best to be the best person.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions just making sure you have experience in something. If you have ever had a job or been a part of a club, just speak from the heart and apply it towards the position you want.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I applied online, and within just a few days, had a brief phone interview. The interviewer asked about my general availability. I was called in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was casual. A conversation more than a Q&A session. By the time I got to my car, I had an email asking me to complete a background check. They checked my references, verified my recent employment as well as my schooling. I have been asked to come back for a second interview. Hopefully all will go well!

Interview Questions

• One question was: Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

So, I applied online for a cashier position and was called back within a day. The first interview was with the floor manager, and my second interview was with the general manager. I'm guessing they liked me lol.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest mistake you ever made? How did you recover from it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA in May 2014.

Interview

About a week after applying, got an email requesting a phone interview. The questions were easy, and included ones like "When is it best to work as part of a team/individually?" and "Describe a time when you worked with someone who was culturally different than you." A few days after that, I was called in for an in-person interview. Again, easy questions like "Describe a time when you faced a problem at work."

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard interview questions. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IKEA in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, was called back for an impromptu phone interview. Questions were standard job interview questions, with some about my knowledge and opinion of the company. Was called again about a week later for another impromptu interview with similar questions, after which I scheduled an in-store interview. That interview is tomorrow and I'm hopeful about my chances.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IKEA (Tampa, FL (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

Filled out the application online, heard back the next day thru email saying that the postion was filled. Applied again, got an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told that my application would be sent to the location which I applied. Few weeks later I was called for another phone interview and an in person interivew. The in person interview was fairly easy. Normal behavioral interview questions. I was told I had to do a background check which was the most difficult part. Ikea does their background checks through a very unprofessional comapany, and it took almost two weeks for the check to be completed. I was also told I would recieve an email once it was recieved, but I never did. I ended up having to call ikea myself to make sure they recieved my information.

Cashier Interview

Interview

applied online, received an email, went in for an interview, was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.