ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) Scientist/Engineer 'SC' Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Guwahati

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Guwahati) in December 2010.

Interview

mostly people are selected by a national examination (written and then interview), but in my case ISRO had recruited from IIT campuses during placement season (interview only). I have heard that national written examinations are hard, interviews are equally brutal for some! 90% technical stuff in interview, what are your interests? your past projects, basic fundamentals etc etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the choice of CENTER (like VSSC, LPSC, SDSC-SHAR, ISAC, SAC etc). sometimes there is not much choice also. 90% of the mechanical engineering/ chemical engineering work is in Trivandrum (VSSC, LPSC) or Mahendragiri,TN (LPSC) or Shri-Harikota (SDSC-SHAR). 30-40% electrical/electronics work is in other centers in Bangalore and Ahemadabad. There are few other less known locations also!

Other Interview Reviews for ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization)

Scientist/Engineer 'SC' Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).

Interview

Technical interview..

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult as such....focused on basics of engineering   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (New Delhi) in December 2010.

Interview

1. Direct from campus (shortlisting and interview, from IITs)
    2. Central level examination -> Interview-> selection

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Scientist/Engineer 'SC' Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) in June 2010.

Interview

The panel consisted of 15 people. They started with my B.E. project. There were a lot of questions asked. Then they asked my subject of interest. There were googlies and bouncers my way but I could manage most of them. Then there were random questions. I was interviewed for around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I expressed my interest in circuit design. Then I was asked to design a circuit for something (exactly I do not remember) which was totally new to me.   2 Answers

Scientist/Engineer 'SC' Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).

Interview

All India ISRO Recruitment exam and interview or thru IIST

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (New Delhi) in November 2012.

Interview

All india recruitment exam and interview
    All questions were technical
    They give you a white board and pen then tell to explain a problem/question
    Only basic knowledge but clarity is required
    I was from Mechanical

Interview Questions

• How do you design a pipeline (to a distant village)? Main factors u take care?
      u would go for laminar or turbulent flow   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Bengaluru) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview was over some general stuff indicating the hirers ignorance and highhansednes. . They did not seem qualified to conduct one and expected answers suitable or familiar to them only. Too many candidates and too less time. It was a waste of my time as I had better eectation and I am disappointed .

Interview Questions

• Hoe many solar cells re neede for a kilowatt of power?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (New Delhi) in June 2011.

Interview

documents checking thereafter interview by panel of 5 people from differet streams .full technical and little bit about my background and about isro.favorite subject and questions from that and major project in engineering

Interview Questions

• favorite subject and questions from that and major project in engineering   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Bengaluru) in January 2014.

Interview

Technical interview for 30min. If prepared for GATE then the round will sound easy. Questions were mainly from major subjects of computer science namely automara, operating systems, algorithms. Questions were comparatively easy if prepared for GATE>

Interview Questions

• questions from automata theory, digital electronics and operating systems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gandhinagar, Gujarat

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) (Gandhinagar, Gujarat) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through college/university. I was directly called for Interview after resume shortlisting on the basis of merit. There was no aptitude test. The interview was completely technical. Questions from core mechanical subjects like fluid mechanics, solid mechanics, etc were asked. Interview went on for 1 hour. All kinds of technical questions are asked. They check for the core knowledge of the candidates. They also ask questions based on resume.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.